One Night Stand

ten/ten.

Zayn’s Point of View

I sit in near the bar with a bottle of beer wrapped tightly in my hand. Dancers sloppily make their way to the bar demanding another drink. Strangers grinded against each other in corners of the room. I check my phone for the umpteenth time to look at the time. 10:25 P.M. God, I was starting to think Adara wasn’t going to show up after all. I left this note outside of her door before driving away. I probably should’ve sat there until she was finished but I would’ve never been able to face her after everything that I wrote down. It took everything in me not to pick it back up as I walked back to my Jeep earlier. I’ve waited in that apartment all day long waiting to hear anything back from Adara. She didn’t text or call so it was a game of chance going on right now.

‘Hi!’ some drunk girl shouts in my face, ‘Do you want to buy me a drink?’

‘Sorry, love.’ I laugh shaking my head, ‘I think you’ve had plenty drinks. One more possibly couldn’t do any good for you right now.’

‘We could make out or go back to my place. Maybe we could even go to your place if you want to.’

‘No, thanks.’ I retort bringing the cold bottle to my thirsty lips, ‘I’m waiting for someone.’

The girl currently standing in front of me had a pretty decent body that matched a pretty decent face. She was dressed in a skirt so tight I swear they would have to perform surgery tomorrow morning to get it off of her. Her makeup was smeared and her eyes were tinted with red. She was practically throwing herself at me right now. A month or so ago I would’ve jumped through a flaming ring of fire at the opportunity but not now. Not with Adara in the picture. No one could compare to her.

‘What’s her name?’

‘Adara.’

‘Adair? I’ve never heard of a name like that. Is it European or something?’

‘No, not Adair.’ I snap unexpectedly getting defensive, ‘It’s Adara. With an A on the end of it. A-D-A-R-A. Adara.’

‘Ooh.’ She giggles covering her mouth dramatically, ‘my bad.’

‘Yeah, so you’d probably have better luck asking some guy in here that’s just as out of it as you.’

‘Damn you Adara. She’s a very lucky girl.’ She slurs stumbling towards the end of the bar.

‘I’ll be pretty damn lucky if she shows.’ I mutter to myself taking another sip of the beer.

I turn in my stool to glance around the crowded club. I don’t know why I told her to meet me at this goddamn place. I should’ve just said meet me at my apartment but no I tried to be all romantic and shit. I can’t see a damn thing with all of the people walking around here. Another loud song blares over the speakers sending a sudden uproar through the room. I finish off the beer and order a new one while I wait. As the second one gets low so does my hope that Adara would actually show.

Adara’s Point of View

I finally find a parking space outside of the club, which was down the street. I grab my clutch and jump out of the car yanking the keys from the ignition in the process. I rush past all of the people slowly making their way to the line. I stand in line impatiently waiting to get inside. The bouncers slowly check everyone’s IDs one by one as they usual did.

‘Come on!’ I complain from the back of the line.

The bouncer rolls his eyes and continues to check the people up front. Finally it was my turn to go in and he studies my ID.

‘Are you kidding me? I come here so much that I should have my very own VIP table waiting for me with waiters included.’

‘Alright, looks about right.’

‘As you can see I’m legal.’ I groan annoyed taking my ID from his hands, ‘Thanks.’

I shove my way inside of the club immediately looking for Zayn. The club was obnoxiously crowded as usual. Some Rihanna song was blaring over the speakers keeping the energy of the room up. I passed up several hammered men none of them resembling Zayn. I stop in the middle of the room suddenly feeling defeated. What if he left already? As I look up from my phone my eyes fall on a familiar frame sitting in one of the bar stools. His smooth black hair was tossed all over his head as if he just woke up. As I grew closer I could see his foot bouncing anxiously against the floor. I reach my hand out and place a hand on his blue flannel. He turns in his seat, annoyed but quickly dissolves when our eyes meet.

‘Hey.’

‘Adara, hey.’ He blinks reaching for his beer, ‘I was actually thinking that you wouldn’t show up any more.’

‘Of course I would.’ I tell him filling in the space between us.

‘I take it that you read the note I left on your steps?’ he wonders gaping his legs open allowing me to stand directly in front of him.

‘I read it and reread it over and over again.’ I admit with a small smile.

‘What did you think?’

‘I think that you are such an incredible, misunderstood person. I think that I knew you had it in you all along.’

‘I’m a screw up.’ He lowers his head grabbing a hold of my hands. ‘I wreck every fucking thing in my life with or without the intention to do so.’

‘So am I. We can screw up together.’

‘I’ve never done this before. I don’t know what I’m supposed to do Adara.’

‘It’s not going to be easy. We’re both going to have to work at it every day. It’s a process.’

‘Please tell me that you’re never going to walk out on me.’ Zayn stares at me with his dark eyes, his voice was shaky and vulnerable. ‘I don’t think that I could handle losing you again. I went out of my goddamn mind for the last few days. I couldn’t eat or drink or even sleep. I never knew just how much I needed you around until you told me to leave.’

‘I will never walk out on you Zayn.’ I promise wrapping my arms around his neck to hug him.
♠ ♠ ♠
ten out of ten! thank you all so much for reading this short story about zayn! i'm glad that you guys seemed to enjoy it. be sure to let me know if you want another short story about someone else! (: