Alive

1

Alice

I woke up to a text from Louis.

Get your asses to the hotel so we can start this mess!

I laughed at his bluntness and rolled my eyes, not bothering to respond as I got up and walked down the hall to my twin sister’s room, knocking loudly.

“Get up, loser! We’re going to be late! It’s our first day of tour!”

I heard her mumbled groans from the other side of the door and bounded down the stairs to the kitchen to pour some coffee for her. My sister and I were twins, but I was born a minute before her, and I felt very protective of her, calling her my little sister even though she really wasn’t. We formed a duo together after we both realized we could sing in high school, calling it simply Alice & Avery, and we hadn’t stopped touring and trying to get our name out since. A few years ago, I met the One Direction boys at a party, and instantly became fast friends with Louis, bonding instantly. Recently, we had been gaining more attention for our music, and noticed we shared a lot of the same fan base as One Direction, so it had been agreed upon that we would join them on tour, opening for them every night.

I was excited about it, getting to spend time with Louis that wasn’t phone calls, and also the rest of his bandmates. I was just nervous that Avery wasn’t as excited. The girl tended to withdraw herself, especially lately, and she didn’t know any of the guys, since I met them at a party that I went to without her. She only met Louis once when he visited. I knew it might be tough to get her to open up, but I wanted her to.

I ran a hand through my cotton candy pink colored hair and walked up the stairs toward Avery’s bedroom, throwing the door open and walking in, seeing her getting dressed. I handed her the coffee and she smiled in gratitude before pulling her shorts on.

“Can you believe we’re touring with One Direction?” I asked, throwing myself down onto her bed dramatically. “I mean, this is going to give us so much exposure, Aves!” I was trying to get my sister excited, and I knew I had succeeded with the smile that crossed her face.

“I know!” She said in her naturally quiet voice, running a brush through her hair. “I’m so excited!”

I grinned, then my phone started to ring. I sighed when Louis’ face popped up on the screen.

“What’s up, buttercup?” I asked, crossing my legs on the bed. Avery rolled her eyes and started to pack last minute things into her bag, zipping it closed.

“Where are you?” His loud voice whined on the other side of the phone.

“We’re coming, dear.” I replied, getting up from the bed and following my twin downstairs. “We’ll be there in like ten minutes.”

We were going to stay at a hotel down the street for the night before the tour officially began in our city.

“Great! See you soon, Al.”

“See you soon, Lou.” I replied, hanging up the phone and turning to face my sister, lacing my hand with hers.

“You ready?” I asked, grinning at her.

“Ready as I’ll ever be.” She replied quietly.

I laughed and moved my arm to loop with hers and picked up my bag with the other hand.

I turned and looked back at the house when we left it, realizing we wouldn’t be back here for a long while.

But, I was excited to start this new journey and great opportunity to further my career and cause some shenanigans with Louis and the rest of the boys along the way.
♠ ♠ ♠
...and this story has begun!
I made character pages for them, I think. I'm not really sure if it worked.