Status: In Progress&Thanks for Reading!

First Love

The Contract.

Mariana Rodrigues stepped into her manager’s office that was located in the centre of Barcelona. He had called her earlier that morning and told her to be at his office by 12:30.

“Hi, I’m here to see Simon” Mariana told the receptionist who was sat at the oversized black desk in the centre of the office.

“Name?” The receptionist asked quite rudely, eyeing the teenager upside down. This didn’t surprise Mariana, she hadn’t quite made a name for herself in the fashion industry yet and she’d just walked into an office full of stylish 6ft tall woman in heels, wearing a Coca Cola logo T-shirt with a pair of distressed skinny jeans paired with canvas laced up sneakers, not to mention there was not a trace of make-up on her face and her hair was piled up on top of her head.

“Mariana Rodrigues” She told the woman politely, a look of recognition crossed the receptionists face as she typed Mariana’s name into her computer.

“You’re the model that just signed for Gucci aren’t you?”

“I am” Mariana sighed, giving the receptionist a soft smile.

“Well congratulations, I always wanted to be a model, ever since I was 9. That’s why I came to work here, to see if maybe Simon would discover me or something…maybe you could put in a word for me? It would mean so, so much” The receptionist rambled to Mariana.

“Of course, can I go in now?”

“You can and thank you so much” Mariana just rolled her eyes as he opened the door to her managers office.

“You need a new receptionist” She told Simon sitting down on the chair opposite his desk.

“What’s wrong with Maria” The British man asked her pushing the papers he was looking at to one side.

“Nothing, nothing at all. So why did you want to see me? Am I in trouble?” She asked confused as to why Simon was so keen to see her.

“No you’re not in trouble, but I’ve come up with an idea on how to boost your profile, before you start shooting for Gucci” He said looking at the Portuguese girl.

“Ooh, how exciting” She grinned helping herself to the salad that Simon had ordered for lunch.

“Well we were thinking if you start dating somebody with a high profile, maybe it could boost yours”

“So you want me to just go out and find a celebrity and start dating him straight away? Wow Simon! What a fool proof plan” She said sarcastically, laughing to herself.

“No, I thought it would be better to set you up with someone, you know? Save you the trouble”

“You are joking, aren’t you? I can’t just date someone I don’t know or like”

“Yes you can! Do you know how many models do this, it’s standard” Simon told her, he knew it wouldn’t be easy to get Mariana to agree to this.

“No! This is ridículo!” Mariana exclaimed standing up from her seat.

“It’s not, listen Mariana, this will only be for 3 months at the most, just so people know your name. I was looking at people around your age who are quite popular in Spain at the moment and I thought of him” He said passing Mariana a picture.

“I don’t have a clue who he is” She frowned

“He’s called Neymar Jr. he plays for Barcelona” Simon said making Mariana twist her face, Simon rolled his eyes at her childish behaviour “I tried to find someone from Real Madrid but they wouldn’t go for it”

“Well what does this ‘Neymar’ have to say about this? Is he okay with it?”

“The thing is I got in touch with his agent and he told me he would never go for it”

“Good, good for him”

“But! He told me that Neymar would be at this party tomorrow night and maybe we could introduce you two”

“So you want me to use him without him knowing?” Mariana asked, raising an eyebrow and sitting back down in her seat.

“Listen, I talked to his agent and it turned out that you two have a lot in common”

“Like what?” She spat, not impressed at her manager.

“He’s two years older than you, he’s Brazilian so at least you’ll be able to speak the same language” He told her making her roll her eyes “He has a son, you’re the legal guardian of your little sister, they’re only two years apart”

“Wow Simon! Let’s start planning our wedding now!” She gasped sarcastically.

“Please, Mariana. This could be the make or break of your career. Just talk to him, if he’s awful, you can withdraw from the contract”

“I don’t know, Simon…”

“Think of Ana” Simon said referring to Mariana’s little sister, he knew that if anything was to get her to agree, it would be the well-being of her younger sister.

“Okay” She murmured, not happy with this at all.

“Sign here” Simon smiled pushing a contract her way.
♠ ♠ ♠
Mariana's Outfit
Thanks for reading! xx