Status: The content rating will probably change

Last Hope

We'll Make Them Hate Us

Thursday rolled around, and Brynn and Kennedy were both certain that Miranda was the mystery psycho. Whenever Brynn had tried to bring it up with Luke, he had changed the subject. If she couldn't pull it out of Luke, she had resolved to pull it out of Miranda herself.

"Hey, Luke," Brynn smiled as she sat down next to her gorgeous lab partner in Biology.

"Hi, Brynn," he grinned.

"You ready for this yeast lab?" Brynn held up a small packet of yeast.

"You know how I loving growing bacteria," he deadpanned.

Brynn punched him in the arm and smiled, then pulled out their lab papers. She read through them quickly, wrote down a few things, and turned to Luke.

"Go fill this test tube 4/5 of the way with warm water, please!"

"Yes, princess," Luke smirked and took the tube to the sink in the back. She watched him roll up his sleeves, flip his hair back, then turn on the faucet. Even a movement as small as that caused the muscles in his arms to flex a teeny bit. She bit down on her lip as she watched him effortlessly turn off the faucet and spin back around, simultaneously flipping his hair back. Again.

Someone's voice sounded from across the lab table, "Luke's pretty cute isn't he?"

"Ummm... yeah," Brynn blushed. She looked up to see who it was, and it was Miranda. Goddamnit!

"Yeah. We used to hang out," she said nonchalantly.

"Really? He's never mentioned it," Brynn frowned. It wasn't genuine, but she kind of wanted to piss Miranda off.

"Oh, well, it was kind of a secret," she shrugged. "I'm glad he's moved on, though." Miranda's smile was so plastic that it would probably melt if she stood too close to the incubator.

Brynn mentally checked off another item on the list of reasons it could be Miranda; she had definitely said their love affair was secret. Brynn felt Luke sit down next to her, but it didn't quite register. She was too busy thinking about whether or not it was actually Miranda. Did she just have some personal vendetta against Brynn? Did she feel some desire to steal all of her boyfriends?

"You're really cute when you're thinking," Luke whispered in her ear.

Brynn shivered, then snapped out of her trance, "Very funny."

Luke furrowed his eyebrows and pursed his lips, obviously trying to imitate Brynn's thinking face. "I'm Brynn and I can't decide whether to go with the pink bow or the white bow," he pouted in a high-pitched voice.

Brynn giggled a bit, then smirked, "It's not that easy. You have to make sure your bow goes with your shirt and your lip gloss."

"Yeah, okay," he smiled sarcastically, then ripped the top off of the yeast and began pouring it into the test tube. "What's next?"

"You have to put your thumb on the top of the test tube, then shake until it's all mixed up," Brynn read from the paper.

"I think you should shake it," Luke wiggled his eyebrows.

"I am not shaking it," Brynn blushed.

"I guess I'll just have to show you how the pros do it," he smirked and waved the test tube in front of her face. He put his thumb over top and shook it vigorously. Brynn looked around, hoping nobody was watching, but they weren't. Luke made a small grunt and scrunched his eyebrows together. "Uhhhh," he faked a moan. It was a small sound that only Brynn could here, but she knew what he was doing.

"Luke, stop it," she whispered.

"I can't," he faked another moan. "It feels too good." He started to bite his lip ring and pretended like he was about to orgasm. His face scrunched up and he grinned.

"Not funny," Brynn crossed her arms.

"Oh, you know it turned you on," he stepped closer to her and loosely draped his arms around her waist.

"No, it didn't," Brynn turned bright red. "We're in the middle of a lab. We need to finish."

Luke smirked as she turned back to pour the sugar into one of the test tubes, but they both knew there was some major sexual tension.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: "It's Not a Side Effect of the Cocaine, I Am Thinking it Must Be Love" - Fall Out Boy
Short filler chapter, I guess.
I'm at school so...
Anyways, I'd love to here from ya.
Don't forget to comment, rate, and subscribe!