Status: Completed!

Together Until We Die...

Chapter 12

Patrick Sharp bid his wife farewell, with a sweet kiss, much to the distaste of his comrades, who folded their arms, waiting for him. He finally broke away and skipped down the front steps, to join them at the front gate to his property.

“I’ll be here with the kids, if you need anything at all let me know! I’ll also notify the police and send them to the place, after you!” Abby called.

“Thanks Abby! You’re the greatest! I love you so much!”

Patrick blew her a kiss and then turned and followed his buddies to his car. Andrew was in the back, while Adam had apparently proclaimed “shotgun” and had won against the smaller man. Patrick hopped into the driver’s seat. He turned the key in the ignition and pulled out and away from his home. He looked back in the rearview mirror and saw his wife waving to him. He waved back, as did Adam, with a sly grin on his face, as he seemed to mimic his old partner-in-crime.

“Hey! Knock it off Bur!” The Blackhawk prankster whined, flinging his arm to the side and whacked Adam in the arm. “She’s my wife, not yours!”

Adam rotated back around and faced front. “I just enjoy picking on you, Sharpy!”

Patrick snorted, as he guided the car onto the interstate, leading into the heart of Downtown Chicago. He knew the streets by heart now. Chicago was his home and he desperately wanted it to remain that way.

As they crossed over the familiar bridge that overlooked the waters of the river, Andrew gazed out the window. He looked toward the Chicago Blackhawks’ home: the United Center. It looked empty and vacant, almost abandoned. Nobody graced the building’s exterior, walking in or out. It was just a lonely arena. No one liked the offseason. It was a gloomy, miserable, boring time, especially without the cup.

As he stared at the fabulous architecture of the arena, they passed by it and he saw the new banner with Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews and the boastful statement it made about their new contract, signing for eight more years to remain a Blackhawk until they retired. The small pest remembered the party they had all had. Many people, including on-ice enemies came and attended. It had been a massive event. But it had been fun. Those two deserved everything. They were special and Chicago was lucky to have the two of them.

After fifteen minutes of driving through the remainder of Downtown, they took a turn onto a street, leading just parallel to the outside border of the great city’s Downtown area. Ahead, they spotted the Old Sunrise Center, still barely intact. A perfect spot for an illegal torture session. Patrick parked the car in a private lot. He wanted to make sure that they didn’t alert anyone inside, so they could sneak in with the element of surprise.

They all exited the car and huddled together. Then they snuck up to the building and slipped inside with no resistance. At once they were greeted by shrill screams and a chorus of cackling men. Adam stiffened up and hissed, under his breath, “Pronger!”
♠ ♠ ♠
The race and rescue is on!!!!