Status: Blame Noelle.

Broken Lungs

intoxicating

There were few things that Finn wanted more than to curl up in the middle of her bed and sleep after a night of dancing for men, enchanting them and binding them with magic. It wasn’t until halfway home, sharing the cab with Eira, that she realized the middle of her bed was occupied by a werewolf now. The promise she had made to him before she left had weighed in her mind all night, unable to escape the way his lips felt against hers. For the first time, she was giving him permission. She would be an active participant rather than his sneak attacks. And it absolutely frightened her.

“He seems really nice.” Eira said, catching her attention from the dark city passing by out her window. “You did the right thing. Saving him. She would have killed him.”

“I know that she would have. I still trapped him, though. It was not part of my plan.”

“But he’s there …” It was then that Finn understood the looks Eira had been giving her. They were not concern. They were jealousy. Eira wanted a boy – an attractive boy which wasn’t always the case at the club – she wanted to be wanted. She didn’t have much longer until they allowed her to do it at the club, but it was apparent that she was getting antsy.

Eira didn’t say much else when they arrived at the apartment. She slipped out of the car quickly and darted inside out of the rain. Finn charmed the driver with some faerie dust, which would quickly turn to cash once he opened the pouch, and ran in after her. She wasn’t in the lobby which made Finn sigh. She hadn’t thought that perhaps it was something any of them wanted, least of all Eira who rarely spoke about boys with her. It made her feel selfish and stupid that she had something the younger girl wanted. As much as Eira wanted this, Finn couldn’t help but think that she didn’t really know what she was getting herself into. Having someone want you, but not of their own accord, was not all it may seem.

She shook out her damp blonde hair in the elevator up to the penthouse where Nixie was already vanishing down her hallway with one of her suitors and Alva was relaxed on a chaise lounge having one of her own rubbing her feet. “Did Eira come through?” Finn asked, looking to Alva as she sipped a glass of wine.

“Went straight to her room. You two get in a fight?”

“I don’t know.”

“Your wolf didn’t destroy the apartment – give him a proper thank you.” She teased, wiggling her fingers at her as she walked past to her room.

She debated knocking on Eira’s door but thought better of it. She would balance out by morning and they could talk it out then. Taking a deep breath, she turned the knob to her own room looking for Isaac. She had feared he would vanish while she was gone, but there he was in all his glory. And shirtless. He was sprawled across her bed reading one of her books while more mellow and beautiful harp music played from invisible speakers. She didn’t have a stereo, rather the music was just a part of the apartment and harps were a favorite among faeries.

When she shut the door he immediately popped his head up and grinned, tossing the book carelessly to the floor. “You’re home.” He said, as though he could finally breathe after hold his breath for hours.

“You stayed. And behaved.”

He gracefully stood from the bed and nodded. “I promised. You were worried I would leave?”

“Maybe …”

“I wouldn’t dream of it.” He crossed to her slowly, cupping her cheek softly with one hand. “I missed you while you were gone. Did you miss me?”

“I … yes, I did.” With both Inga’s and Eira’s words ringing in her mind, she decided to just tell him the truth and try things out to see how they felt.

His grin grew even bigger, his dimples deepest she’s ever seen. He was stunningly attractive. So much so that he would take away any girl’s breath – supernatural or not. “My reward for being a good wolf?”

She didn’t say anything, but she nodded to let him know that she was going to go through with it. His face slowly transformed from amused to serious as he moved his other hand to her waist. She took a deep breath as he bent forwards until their lips were centimeters apart. He didn’t waste one more second before he kissed her amorously, putting everything he had into it. His passion was enough to make them both combust as he turned her, walking her backwards towards the bed. She let him, wrapping her arms around his neck and kissing him back with just as much vigor as he was delivering to her. She even allowed him to lay her down and unbutton her blouse to where his warm hand could gently touch her side.

“You smell like the sea and rain.” He whispered, moving his lips down her cheek to plant soft kisses on her neck making her moan quietly. “It’s intoxicating.”

“Isaac …”

“Say my name again.” He reared up, looking down at her, waiting.

“Isaac.” She said, smiling at him and running a hand through his soft blonde hair.

He made a sound like a growl and bent back down to kiss her neck, down her chest to the top of her bra moving slowly and surely like he was memorizing each and every inch of skin. He planted kisses down her stomach, flicking the button open on her jeans and planting a firm one right above her panty line and across to her hip bones delivering a playful nip to each. Seeing that she wasn’t stopping him, he flipped them over so they sat nose to nose with her on top and discarded her shirt to kiss at her shoulder, tangling one hand in her hair. He was already shirtless which made it easy for her to dig her nails into his skin when he nipped her weak spot just behind her ear.

She could feel his triumphant grin against her neck and it riled her even further as she pushed him onto his back and smirked. He laid his arms out flat, waiting for what she was going to do and essentially telling her that he was up for whatever she wanted. She flipped her hair over one shoulder and bent down slowly, a ghost of a kiss on his lips before she moved to his neck. She found his spot easily, just beneath his jaw, making him fist her comforter more than likely afraid he could hurt her with his strength. When she moved down to his chest, the same hand tangled into her hair as she kissed across his sternum then down his abs.

“Finn …” His voice, rough and thick with lust, called to her and snapped her out of it. She wanted this – boy, did she – but there was still a nagging part of her brain that told her it was all fake. She stopped immediately, sitting up but still astride his hips. “What’s wrong?”

“I can’t … we should stop.”

“Did I do something?”

“No … but … we should sleep. Tomorrow I’ll tell you all about fey.”

She climbed off of him and ran into the bathroom, shutting the door. Confused, he sat up and walked around the bed to where the concierge had brought him up some clothes that were miraculously in his size and he pulled on some sweats and a tee before sitting back on the edge of the bed. He didn’t know what he could have done to upset her, glancing at the door he grew despondent. Why wouldn’t she let him in? He craved her more than anything – even air and water. Yet, every time they took a step forward she would run off about ten steps back.

A knock on the door broke him from his thoughts and with one look at the still locked tight bathroom door he answered it. On the other side was Alva, grinning at him wickedly. “Hello there, wolf.”

“Finn is in the bathroom.” He replied, standing tall. Though Alva was beautiful – they all were exquisitely gorgeous – he had no real attraction to her.

“I’m not here for Finn. I thought you might be thirsty.” She pulled a bottle from behind her back, full of the glittering pink liquid that he had grown to love. It immediately caught his eye. “That’s right, varúlfur.” She shook it at him so he would take it, and he did without question. He downed it immediately, the feeling the same as it always was when he tasted it. It was sweet, heavenly, and warmed him from within. It surrounded his heart, making it thump wildly and making his head swim. Finn – all he could think of was Finn with her beautiful golden hair and deep blue eyes with her coy smile and soft skin. How she smelled of the sea and sunshine.

“I wasn’t supposed to.” After the feeling faded to a dull shimmer, he realized Finn had asked him not to drink any more of it.

“Don’t you like it, though?” He nodded dumbly, looking at the empty glass.

“But …”

“What Finn doesn’t know …” He smiled at her shyly. “Good boy.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Alva, Alva, Alva ... naughty faerie.
And Finn and Isaac ... also being naughty.

Thoughts?
Thanks for reading!
xoxo, Erin