Status: Updating every Sunday

It's Gonna Be My Year

Narcotics Make the Eyes Sparklier

JACK’S POV
Tom started to walk closer so I shifted closer to Alex, determined to not let Tom hurt him any more than he already has.
“Move Jack,” Tom said, seemingly certain that I’d do what he said. The only reason I’d even let him hurt me and not tell anyone though is because he threatened Alex so I’m sure as hell not moving so he can beat Alex into a pulp.
I just glared up at him. He smirked down cockily.
“Fine then. If you won’t move, I’ll make you.”
I jumped onto Alex and laid over him, trying to grab onto anything but his shoulders because I know you shouldn’t jostle someone’s head after a head injury and I didn’t want to risk anymore damage. Tom still leaned down and tried to grab me, but I held on to Alex tighter than Freddie Mercury’s pants clung to his legs. So basically super tight. But Tom was still quite a lot bigger and stronger than I was though and I could only hold on for so long. Its only when he had picked my legs three feet off the floor I realised his plan.
He dropped my legs, intending to use me to hurt Alex, I had already figured it out so I spread my legs a little and my knees ending up slamming into the ground which, ow. I kicked out at Tom and managed to hit him square in the knee. It bent in a horrible looking way and he cried out in pain, drooping to his knees, which didn’t seem like the best idea but as long as it hurts him. I then pulled my leg back and executed a move Alex had taught me and I think he’d be proud if he could see it.
I kicked him as hard as I could in the nuts. He just cried out and fell to his side, clutching his dick with his mouth gaping like a fish out of water. Fuck I didn’t know what to do now. I couldn’t leave Alex alone in here with Tom but we really needed an ambulance because I couldn’t move him either.
I went to Alex to see if he was awake but he was still out cold. SHIT. I really needed a phone. I felt into his pockets but felt nothing. Then I saw movement in the corner in my eye.
Tom.
I cautiously walked over to him. He was still groaning and rolling around. I went and kicked his knee again, but I probably should have kicked harder as when I felt in his pocket his hand reached out to grab me. I just used another lesson Alex had taught me. How to knock someone unconscious. I punched him as hard as I could (which wasn’t hard because I didn’t have all those muscles Alex had) in the temple and it worked like a charm. Man that really fucking hurt my hand. I don’t know how Alex punches everyone.
I reached into his pocket and felt for a phone. And about fucking time I found one.
I called 911 and asked for an ambulance and gave them all the information they needed, they said it would be a 10 minute wait. I crawled over to Alex and sat myself between him and Tom. If Tom woke up I wanted to be aware. It had been about five minutes and I couldn’t hear any sirens. I was on alert and tense. Then someone touched my back and I freaked out.
I stood up and turned around, hands already in the defensive position Alex had taught me. But then I saw who it was and collapsed. I was on my hands and knees and crawled back towards my boyfriend. He had woken up and was trying to sit up but I pushed him back down.
“Alex, lay down ok? An ambulance is coming. It’ll be here in about 2 minutes,” I said soothingly, but with a no argument tone to my voice. I just hoped he listened to what I said.

ALEX’S POV
I had just woken up and was feeling a little groggy and my left wrist stinging with pain. I didn’t really understand why until I saw the room I was in. Tom’s room. Then my most recent memories came back with a vengeance. I was filled with anger once more but then I saw Jack’s back. Oh my poor baby. I reached out and touched a hand to his shoulder blade. He jerked away and stood up, turning around to face me. He then fell to his knees when he saw it was me. The relief was evident on his face.
I tried to sit up knowing it would be easier to comfort him, but he just pushed me back down, telling me the ambulance was on the way.
“What happened?” I asked with a slightly slurred voice.
“You were knocked out and then I had to fight Tom off. I knocked him out and got his phone to call an ambulance. I even kicked him in the balls,” Jack said. Oh fuck I hope he didn’t get hurt any more than he already was. I wish he was never hurt at all.
I was starting to drift off again, Jack’s panicking voice and the sound of sirens the last thing I could hear before it was darkness once again.

The next time I woke up I was in a hospital room. Mom and Dad were sitting in seats to my left and I could feel someone holding my hand on my right. I turned my head and saw Jack.
He blinked at me and then jumped forward to hug me, stopping at the last second when he realised I was injured. He sat back down in the chair and asked if I wanted any water. I nodded and winced as the motion had hurt my head. He handed me a glass, helping me drink it and not spill it down my face. I brought my left hand up to help me but realised that wouldn’t work as I had a cast on. Fuck he actually broke my wrist.
I blinked because my eyes were getting all foggy. Jack looked at me concerned but then a nurse walked in and asked me how I was feeling.
“I’m ok. K-kinda sore. My head really hurts,” I said.
“That’s to be expected,” She said kindly, talking slowly as if I were a child. And fuck if I’m not already sick of this place. “You have a concussion, so you’ll have a killer headache for a while.”
How she said that so cheerily I’ll never know.
“Would you like some pain medication?” She asked. I just nodded again. She turned so she was looking at my parents.
“This will make him a little drowsy and well, dopey. Just make sure he stays quiet so he doesn’t disturb Mr Filtets,” She said as she nodded at the other side of the room. I hadn’t even noticed there was another person in here but there was. A really, really old man. With wrinkles.
Everywhere.
I turned away from the old man’s wrinkly, wrinkly face and turned to Jack, my amazing boyfriend who saved me from my asshole of a brother.
“Alex, don’t swear,” My Mom said, exasperated. It was then I realised I’d said it all out loud. I hoped old wrinkly hadn’t heard me.
“You’re so pretty, the prettiest I’ve ever seen. You’re the prettiest I’ve ever seen,” I said to Jack, my words slurring a little. “Your eyes are all sparkly. Like jewels. Do you know where I could get jewels the colour of your eyes? Because I would buy a thousand!”
Jack started blushing and I realised my parents had left the room.
I held out my hands and starting singing ‘Twinkle Twinkle Little Star’ because Jacks eyes reminded me of the stars.
“I really, really like you, ya know? Like really, really like. You’re my favouritest person in the whole wide world. You’re my bestest friend and my bestest boyfriend. Thanks for being here for me Jacky,” I slurred. I didn’t really know what I was saying as it was word vomit.
And later when I came out of my drugged up state I realised I had been telling the truth. I did really, really like Jack and I was just happy that he has let me be a part of his life. He gave me a gift better than any I’d ever gotten or asked for before.
The gift of love.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys. I hope you enjoyed the chapter. Thanks for reading!