Status: Completed!

And Then There Was One

Chapter 3 - Drew Doughty

Los Angeles’s famous defenseman, Drew Doughty was making rounds at his yearly charity event, Grand Slam For Cancer. He was walking down the baseball tunnel for the Los Angeles Dodgers. It was a scorching, humid afternoon, but everyone made sure to drink lots of water and have tons of fun.

As Drew walked down the tunnel, sipping from his gold water bottle, which he had borrowed from the Anaheim Ducks’ captain in a prank-off. (The one from the Awards’ Show Comedy Skit of Ryan VS Ryan.) He felt quite confident about his event so far. Everything was going the right way.

Three other of the NHL’s top defensemen joined him: Johnny Boychuk from the Boston Bruins, Brent Seabrook from the Chicago Blackhawks, and Jordie Benn from the Dallas Stars. These were some of Drew’s favorite defensemen and best friends around the league. And they had all agreed to set time aside to join him in his fundraiser.

Drew was about halfway through the dull, shadowy walkway, when he passed by Johnny, the Boston player, who stopped him. His face looked rather urgent and flummoxed. The King turned to him. “Hey, JB, what’s up?”

“Some guy with a mardi gras mask came up to me and gave me this. He said it’s an invitation for you!”

Drew put his hands on his hips. He raised an eyebrow, skeptically. Johnny pulled out the letter and held it out for him to take. Drew eventually took it, eyeing it, curiously. “Did you get a name?”

“He wouldn’t tell me. I tried.”

“It’s cool man.”

“So, what’s it about? What’s the letter say?”

“Well, it seems like someone voted me as the top defensemen in the league again.”

“You deserve it, buddy!”

“Yeah, it says that I need to go and pick up my award at this address,” Drew showed his friend Johnny Boychuk the piece of paper.

Johnny nodded, smiling. “You should go and pick it up now.”

“Can you all handle things here?”

The Bruin patted the King on the shoulder. “Of course, we got you man. This is a big honor; how can you pass it up?”

Drew grinned. “You’re right.”

Johnny Boychuk grabbed his friend around the neck, squeezing him in a friendly, brotherly gesture. “Go and get your prize! We’ll hold down things here for a little while!”

The King broke free, slipping out of the Bruin’s hold and dipped his head, chuckling. “Alright, alright! I’ll be back within the hour. It can’t be too far! And it shouldn’t take that long!”

Drew began to walk away from Johnny, who folded his arms, shook his head, and then walked off in the opposite direction. (To tell Brent and Jordie what was going on!)

Drew vanished out of the baseball stadium and made his way off to fetch his award from an address in Evon.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't know if I really like how this one came out, but I wasn't really sure how Drew Doughty would react, I don't really know him that well. His personality is kind of mysterious, but I figured that he might get tricked into coming to get some kind of award for him. (Not saying that Drew's conceited or nothing...)