Status: Completed!

And Then There Was One

Chapter 8 - Matt Cooke

He couldn’t shake his past. No matter how hard he tried and tried, he couldn’t put the past behind him. Matt Cooke just couldn’t deny it. He was a dirty ass player! And he just couldn’t change.

He was frustrated with himself and with the NHL and other players. And he was especially pissed off at Dan Bylsma, who had basically trained him to think dirty thoughts. After all, why did he name an immature little crybaby as the team’s captain? (Damn, this is hard!!)

He had served his suspensions for the cheap hits that he’d conducted. When he returned to action, he tried his best not to be labeled as dirty. But he just couldn’t escape his style. His brain always returned to the same instruction, “take out the player, no matter what. Even if you have to injure them.”

Cooke was coming off of his tenth suspension and the NHL was currently in talks with him and his agent on whether or not he should be given the “Kaleta Treatment” and sent to condition in the AHL. He was already the NHL’s most despicable player, who was hated by everyone. He was the new Sean Avery.

(And in Pittsburgh, Bylsma had nurtured this beast inside of him, which is why he got owned big time by Brad Marchand and the Bruins in the 2013 Playoffs!)

But Cooke received a letter in the email, instructing him that if he wanted to change his image once and for all then he had to go to a place called Evon.

He was willing to do whatever to get the NHL off of his back. He loved to play hockey and he wanted to stay in the NHL, not be forced to leave for the lower level AHL.

So he journeyed to Evon.
♠ ♠ ♠
I got nothing to say about this. I just didn't know what to write. Cooke and Crosby have been the most difficult chapters to write. This one moreso, cause there really isn't much to Cooke....oh well....I tried....