Status: Completed!

And Then There Was One

Chapter 7 - Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane

Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews were hanging out together. After drinking a ton at the local Sport’s Bar in celebration of receiving new contracts, they had had a “slumber party.” (If you know what I mean…) Turned out that Jonathan had fallen asleep in Patrick’s house.

Patrick woke up to some strange noises downstairs. “Johnny, wake up” Patrick whispered, shaking Johnny awake.

“Mmmm...what?” Jonathan moaned, slowly waking up.

“Something is going on downstairs.”

The older Blackhawk listened closely and could indeed hear what Patrick was talking about. He could hear footsteps on the first floor. “It's probably just Sharpy or Shawzy; now go back to sleep.”

Patrick attempted to follow his captain’s order, but he tossed and turned, as the noises continued. A feeling in his stomach told him that it wasn’t Patrick Sharp or Andrew Shaw. He climbed out of his bed and cuddled up with his captain.

“What in the hell are you doing?” Jonathan’s voice spoke, a tinge of annoyance crept into his tone.

Patrick ignored it. “I’m scared, Johnny. Please, just let me stay close to you. I promise not to invade your space!”

“You’d better!”

But the small Blackhawk forward’s reassurance was short lived. He could hear more than just one person headed up the stairs. He shook his friend again, who was rather annoyed this time.

“What is it, Peekaboo?”

“Listen...that can't be just one person. We've got intruders.”

“Shit, are you kidding me?” Jonathan jumped out of the bed and ran to the door, where he could hear the footsteps getting closer. He turned on the light and locked the door. “Grab your clothes, quick.”

Patrick grabbed his clothes off the floor and put them on as fast as he could. Jonathan put on his robe and grabbed the only weapon he had in the room; a hockey stick. (What else?)

Suddenly, the door handle began shaking as the intruders tried to enter the room.

Jonathan stood a few feet to the right of the door, holding the stick up, ready to take a swing at the intruders. Patrick stood somewhere between the bed and the window, frozen in fear. Both their hearts were racing.

There was long silence before the door was kicked in, and the first intruder went in. He was wearing a ski mask, and was carrying a suspiciously numerous amount of rope and a roll of black duct tape. The intruder charged toward Jonathan.

This terrified the ‘Hawks captain, knowing he had no time and nowhere to run. His knees shook and he dropped his “weapon.” Two more masked and armed intruders entered the room, one of them turning out the lights just as the first intruder grabbed Jonathan, plunging the room and the captain into darkness.

Patrick dived onto the floor and quickly crawled under the bed. He could hear the bed shaking violently, so he could only assume there was a struggle going on between Jonathan and one of the intruders.

“What the hell man?” the Blackhawks’ Captain complained, straining his voice, with reassured Patrick that Jonathan was in distress.

Before he could crawl completely under the bed, he was grabbed around both ankles and dragged back out. When he tried crawling back in, he was lifted up by the collar. He was thrown onto the bed and jumped by one of the intruders.

“You’ll pay for----!” Jonathan’s irritated voice began to snap, before he was silenced by something that muffled the rest of his cry.

Patrick dove upward, attempting to knock off the assailant, but he was slammed back down and pinned to the bed by strong arms. “No!” the younger Blackhawk cried. He struggled, trying to break free from the intruder's grasp, but the intruder was much stronger. He wasn't giving up yet though.

The intruder tried to tie up Patrick's wrists behind his back, but the panic-induced forward got his hands loose each time. He even managed to get a fist to the guy’s hidden nose.

“Hold still, ya little bitch!” the intruder snarled.

“No...Tazer...help!”

The intruder punched Patrick in the back. Patrick face-planted into the bed. Jonathan wasn’t in the room anymore. Patrick didn’t hear anyone other than himself.

“Oooooowwww!”

The agony was debilitating enough that he could no longer fight off his attackers, and they moved rapidly to tie his wrists and ankles up with the coil of rope. One of the intruders got out a flashlight and shined it on Patrick's face, revealing the distress the ‘Hawks’ forward was in. It also temporarily blinded him.

“Yep, these are the ones we want,” the intruder said. “Let’s go guys.”

They put a blindfold on Patrick before removing the light from his face. The intruders then lifted him up at each end and carried him away.

“What the hell? Where are you guys taking me?” the terrified Blackhawk screamed. He started kicking and pulling, trying to break free.

“Someone gag this bitch,” one of the intruders said.

Patrick was gagged with the duct tape and kicked square in the back, hard. He screamed in pain, loud enough to be heard from some distance away, even with his mouth taped up.

“You try again to get free and I'll break your fucking back in half!” One of the intruders shouted.

Chicago’s shootout specialist didn't try to resist any further, knowing these guys were armed. They proceeded to carry Patrick Kane out of the condo and into a waiting van, where he was thrown in the back.

As the van sped away, the blindfold was removed, and Patrick found himself cornered in the back by two of the intruders. Beside him was Jonathan, who did not look very enthusiastic at all. The good news was that he knew his captain was okay, but the bad news… Oh, and the Blackhawks captain was also similarly bound and gagged with the same rope and tape.

The vehicle vanished down the road with the two bewildered and frightened Blackhawk forwards.