Status: Slow updates, bare with me =]

Coming Home.

one.

It was 3 in the afternoon, but it felt like 6. I was so ready to ditch this place and just sleep. I worked at a Diner in Anaheim, California. It was always worth being here for countless hours because there were so many tourist coming here for breakfast. I made a good $200 dollars in tips by the end of my shift. I recently moved back down here from New York, where I ran away to 5 years ago. I thought if I ran away from my problems at home everything would get better from there but I was wrong. It wasn't exactly what I thought living on my own, I attended a college in New York and earned a degree in something I'm probably never going to work in. In my early life, I had a brother whom I loved to death and looked up to most of the time, I had parents but they were too high all the time to even care, I had friends who loved and cared for me but things took a turn for the worst and i just had to leave town, I didn't tell anyone where I was going. My brother was too busy with his music and his band to even notice what was going on, we had some great times together me and my brother but all that changed real quickly when he and his band got signed to Warner Bros. records. I was happy for him, I really was but he left me with two people who cared nothing more than spending their money on dope.

I looked up at the clock, two more hours until my shift ends. My manager Joe put me up at the front cashing people out and showing them to their tables for the remainder of my shift. Joe was such a nice gentlemen. 'Keep a smile of that face, girl' he always told me. A family of 5 was ready to leave so I rang them out. I was to preoccupied helping this family on their way to even notice anyone coming into the diner. I gave the father his change from the bill and they exited the door. I was then greeted by 5 dark clothed men, all filled with numerous tattoos, one of them which was wearing aviator glasses indoors. Odd, he looked exactly like a friend I had who wore aviator everywhere he went. Matter of fact, he did look kind of like Matt.

"Right this way, please." I said grabbing menus for each of the men and escorting them to the large round booth near the back. "Can i get you anything to drink?" I asked trying to avoid eye contact, but one of the guys, bot as muscular as the rest, was really cute.

'"Uh, yeah. I'll have a tea" Said the one with ray ban sunglasses on.

"Tea is good, I'll have a tea also" Said the one with the Mohawk.

"Coffee for me" Said the cute one.

"I'll have a coke" said the one with the aviators.

"And I'll have your number" said the one with the slicked back hair and amazingly green eyes. My cheeks flushed as all 4 pairs of eyes stared at me. "Wait a minute, you look familiar. What's your name?" Green eyed boy asked.

"Will that be all for you?" I asked.

"Aye, Bri. Doesn't waitress girl look exactly like Riley only hotter?" The green eyed boy poked at the guy next to him. He lifted his ray bans off his face and scanned over me. He looked familiar too. Those chocolate brown eyes reminded me of my own. Then it hit me, green eyes was Zacky, aviators and Matt, Mohawk boy was Johnny and the one staring at me was Brian, my brother, who stared at me like a ghost. Where was Jimmy? He was always part of this crew. And who was this skinny kid sitting with them?

"Are you insisting my sister is hot?" He spat at Zacky. "Besides, her name tag clearly says Izzy" Brian said.

"Your mom used to call her Izzy" Matt said. Fuck.

"Your waiter will be with you in just a second with your drinks, if you will excuse me." Just as I thought today was going to be a good day. I hurried to the back asking Joe if i could have my break which he had willingly agreed to. I grabbed my pack of cigarettes from my purse and my coffee heading out to the back of the building. I pulled out a cigarette and lit it inhaling deeply and exhaling letting out a big cloud of smoke surround me. I really didn't want to go back in there, I wanted to run away back to my apartment because running away was easy for me but I couldn't lose my job because it's the only thing getting me by on my rent. there were a set of footsteps behind me, I knew it was Brian.

“Congratulations, you found me.” I said. There was no response. Brian sat down beside me lighting a cigarette of his own.

“Long time no see.” Brian said exhaling smoke. “How’s life?” He asked.

“Life, its life. I’m living, breathing, what more is there?” I said.

“Where have you been these past 5 years?” And there it was. The question I knew was going to spill from his mouth.

“Around.” I said simply. Brian gave me a questioning look.

“Not like that. God, I would stoop that low. I actually have self-respect.” I finished my cigarette and tossed it across the street.

“Well, I guess I wouldn't really know seeing as I haven’t seen you in 5 years” Brian spat as he finished his cigarette.

“Don’t give me that lecturing tone. It was for the best. I had to get away from that place. Just like your music and your band was your escape, running away to New York was mine” I shrugged. “You knew how bad mom and dad were getting. If I would have stayed there who knows where I’d be now. That wasn't the life I wanted. You were too busy with your band stuff to even notice me anymore, so I figured what’s the point? My parents don’t care, my brother doesn't care” A tear escaped the corner of my eye.

“I do care. I always have. Mom and dad really miss you. They've been clean for 2 years already. If you come back with me, I’m almost sure they’d be happy to see you. You can finally meet Kenna. Riley we miss you and these past 5 years I would always hope to maybe run into you while we were on tour.”

“I have to get back to work.” I didn't want to hear anymore. Brian grabbed my arm as I went to walk away.

“Come sit with us. There’s a lot we need to talk about.” Brian had this look in his eyes that were begging me not to reject him.

“Fine. I have an hour left of my shift. Also, who’s Kenna?” Brian smiled.

“McKenna, she’s our baby sister.” Baby sister? Guess they did clean up after all. I gave Brian a small smile. He leaned in and kissed me on the cheek. “I really missed you baby sis.” Brian hugged me tightly before going back around to the front. I smiled and walked back inside returning to my shift. An hour went by pretty quickly. I walked to the back room to clock out tossing my apron on the break room table. I grabbed my sweater and my purse out of my locker and headed to the table Brian and the guys hung out at.

“She’s alive!” Johnny yelled.

“Shh, I have to come back here tomorrow you know.” They all got up and embraced me with a group hug. Come to realize, I actually missed these guys.

“Looking good Riley, last time I saw you you did not have those” Zacky said pointing to my boobs.

“I can see Zacky didn't chance at all.” Brian slapped Zacky upside the head.

“Everyone else you know but Arin you don’t” Matt said. “Arin is our new drummer for the band. He’s been with us for 2 years now. Arin this is Brians long lost sister Riley.” So the cutie does have a name.

“Hello” I said,

“Nice to meet you” He said and smiled.

“So where’s Jimmy? Didn't feel like joining you guys this evening?” I chuckled but the guy just bowed their heads. “What? Did I say something wrong?”

“Um...” Brian cleared his throat. “Jimmy’s no longer with us/”

“What do you mean? Did he leave the band or something?” I asked confused.

“Not exactly. Jimmy passed away 6 months after you ran away.” A lump formed in my throat and tears escaped my eyes. The tears just kept rolling down my face like in a water park. My Jimmy. Gone. Deceased. I didn't know what to think as so many thoughts were running through my mind. How could God take just a chipper man? Jimmy was always so happy, no worry in the world, always nice to everyone, and always making people laugh. Jimmy was also the only one I could actually talk to about things, even about my guy troubles. He always wanted to beat the shit out of anyone that fucked with me. I chuckled at the happy thoughts of my dear friend.

"You okay Riley?" Johnny asked. I nodded grabbing a napkin to wipe my tears. "So, anyone up for some drinks?" They all cheered. Of course they were up for drinking, they always were. Damn alcoholics.

"Wait, are you even allowed in the bar?" Brian asked.

"I'm not a baby anymore, I'm 24 years old" I told him.

"Alright then what are we still sitting here for?" Zacky said. We grabbed out belongings and headed out to the parking lot.

"I'm actually going to run to my place real fast and change. Meet you guys there?" I asked.

"How do I know you're just not going to disappear on me again while we're sitting in the bar waiting for you?" Brian scolded.

"Would it make you feel better if you sent someone with me?" I sighed. So like Brian. "Trust me, I have no intentions on running away again." I wasn't actually serious about having someone follow me to my apartment but Brian was.

"I'll take you." Brian said.

"It's really not necessary, Brian. I just live up the street and I can walk."

"Nope. Let's go. Meet you guys there" Brian said to the guys. I sighed and followed Brian to his car. I directed Brian where to go as Metallica played lightly in the background. We pulled into the parking lot and parked in front on my section of the building. Brian looked around as we got out of the car. He could only be thinking one thing. I didn't live in a luxurious area, this complex was mainly filled with crack dealers and what not. "This is where you live?" He asked. I just looked at him and shrugged as I opened the door to my place.

"Excuse the mess, I hardly ever have time to clean." I said a little embarrassed.

"I don't want to be a dick or anything, this place sucks. Why would you want to live here?" He asked.

"It was all I could afford. Not everyone is rich and famous like you Haner."

"True, but come on. There's plenty of places that are better than this crap shoot." He said.

"Are you calling my home a crap shoot?" I questioned.

"I didn't mean it like that. Well, yeah I did actually" Brian laughed. Oh yeah, I didn't miss his sarcasm one bit.

"Okay, well I'm going to go change. Sit anywhere you like, I'll only be a few seconds" I went straight to my closet undressing out of my work uniform to some more comfortable clothes. I let my hair out of the bun as I walked back into the living room and slipped on my flip flops. "Ready when you are?" I said. Brian stood up and took one good look at me.

"Nice tattoos" He said heading to the door.

"Yeah, not so nice when I have to keep them hidden all day" I locked the door behind me. Brian and I hopped back in the car and headed to the bar.

Finally we got to the bar. Johnny's Bar and Grill to be exact. We parked next to a black SUV and got out. I've always wanted to come here, I was just never old enough. We walked inside looking around for the group. There were loud cheers and laughter coming from the back end of the bar. Sure enough they were all playing pool.

"Ah, there they are!" Matt said. All eyes were on my. A couple faces I didn't recognize.

"You remember Val, right?" Brian asked as we walked up to the group. I nodded my head. Val was as gorgeous as she was before. Her hair was now blonde and she had a tiny bump on her belly.

"Riley? Is that you?" Val said walking up to me embracing me in a hug. I smiled.

"Yep, it's me" I said.

"They weren't lying when they said they found you" Val took a step back and looked me over. I wasn't the same as I was 5 years ago of course. "God, you look beautiful." She said hugging me one last time.

"Good to know you have faith in me babe." Matt said.

"Well you are a good liar sometimes." Val said.

"Good to see you and Matt finally hit it off. It was getting a little depressing seeing you two just give each other googly eyes all the time." I said.

"Yeah well, I had to be the first one to make the move" Val said.

"Oh come on do we really need to fight over this again? I clearly was the first one to make the move" Matt said defensively.

"It's okay hon, you don't have to be in denial" Val said. There was a collection of 'oohs' and 'burns' coming from the group.

"Funny, this group hasn't changed at all" I laughed.

"Brian here's no ladies man anymore. He's a one woman man now" Val said. I looked at Brian. He was smiling at a gorgeous brunette. It was about time my brother settled down. Brian took the woman's hand and walked my way.

"Riley, this is Maite. My wife. Maite, this is my sister." Brian introduced me to his wife. It was so odd, I never thought Brian would settle for marriage.

"It's really nice to meet you Riley. Brian has said some really great things about you" She said. I shook her hand.

"It's nice to meet you too. Glad to see my big bro finally grew up" I smiled and punched Brian playfully on the arm.

"So you want in on the game, Ri?" Zacky said.

"No, I think I'll just watch" I said. "Anyone want a drink? I'm parched" They all had their drinks so I decided to go to the bar and get me one.

"What can I get for you miss?" The bar tender asked.

"Give me one shot of Jameson and then I'll have a Guinness" I said. I took the shot of Jameson then grabbed my Guinness and headed back over to the guys. Today turned out very interesting, but by the end of the night I was actually happy again for the first time in a long time. I talked and laughed with everybody. They asked me about my tattoos and when I got them. I guess they never pegged me for a tattoo person. A lot has changed over the years. It was getting pretty late and I decided I needed to get home because I had to work in the morning. Brian offered to talk me home.

"You know, if you want, I have a spare room at my place. I'm not sure if I feel comfortable with you living at those apartments" Brian said. I thought about his question. "Maite wouldn't mind at all. In fact she's the one who suggested it"

"I don't know.I don't want to intrude on your home. Besides, my lease isn't up until next year, and how would I get to my job?" I said. "I'm not sure if I'm ready to go back to Huntington"

"Come on. We really don't mind. I'll pay off your lease, I'm rich and famous remember?" Brian joked.

"Give me some time. Today was great don't get me wrong. I missed you so much. I need time to let all this sink in, I'm only human."

"Fair enough, sis. Take my number down. Don't hesitate to call me" He said.

"Thank you, and I won't" I said. The car came to a stop as we were at my apartment. We sat there in silence for a few seconds. "Well, see you around" I said and planted a kiss on Brians cheek. "Love you, brother" I got out of the car and watched as he pulled onto the main road.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well here's a new story!
Kinda just wrote this in two days XD
Saw Avenged Sevenfold last week at the Mayhem Festival, it's always amazing seeing them live!
But let me tell you, one hour and 15 minutes is just not enough...

Let me know what you all think?!

Rileys outfit