Status: Slow updates, bare with me =]

Coming Home.

two.

It's been a week since I last talked to Brian. I contemplated calling him a few times, and I'm more than positive that he's shitting bricks right now. I just didn't want to be a bother considering he's married and all.

I've been thinking about taking him up on his offer to live with him but that would mean he'd make me go see mom and dad. All of this was happening so fast. Yeah, I would one day hope to see them all again but I didn't think it was going to be this soon. Be careful what you wish for.

I sat on the balcony smoking a cigarette and looking through old pictures I took with me to New York. Some were of me and Brian in Central Park, I always bugged him about carrying me on his back. Finally one night we were all drinking and Brian caved, he ran with me on his back screaming 'MY NAME IS SYNYSTER GATES AND I AM AWESOME!.' There were pictures of Zacky and me wrestling on a trampoline because he said we would never get beat up by a girl. Long story short, I won. Found a few of me singing on stage with Matt whenever they had home shows, some photos of Johnny's drunken nights where he passed out on the couch and I would draw all over his face. Then there were the ones of me and Jimmy. He was my favorite out of the rest of the group, including my brother.

There was one picture in particular that I adored the most. It was when me, Jimmy, and the guys went to Disneyland and he literally demanded that he take a picture with all the Disney princesses. The stallion duck pictures had be bursting into laughter too. We were in Central Park for a documentary the guys had and Jimmy chased a giant duck around the park. Boy was it hard to believe Jimmy was dead.

A tear slid down my cheek as I finished up my cigarette, put the pictures back in the shoe box they were in and went inside to make more coffee. I had the weekend off so I decided I wanted to go to the beach for a little while. I definitely needed to clear my head that’s for sure. I filled my favorite Darth Vader mug with more coffee and stood in the kitchen staring at my phone. Should I call him? I should probably call him and let him know I didn't run off anywhere. A shower sounded better so I finished my coffee and stripped out of my clothes on the way to the bathroom.

After my shower I stood in my closet searching for some clothes to wear for the day. Finally, I decided on a Motorhead shirt and some comfy jean shorts. I went to the bathroom to conquer the fixation of my hair as I plugged in the blow dryer and the flat iron. My hair was always the longest process of getting ready. My hair was long and extremely thick, I don't know who thought it was a good idea to give me all the hair. Thirty minutes later my hair was done as well as my makeup. Going back to the kitchen I tossed my purse over my shoulder and placing my phone in the front pocket. If only I could remember where my key were. My cigarettes where on the balcony ledge, I grabbed those and then I remembered that my keys were on my sweater from last night. Soon as I had everything I needed I walked out of my apartment and locked the door behind me.

"Oh, good morning Riley" Came a voice from behind me.

"Good morning, Mrs. Grey" I smiled at the little old lady who lived right across from me. "How are you this morning?" I asked.

"I'm doing great. How about yourself, darling?" Mrs. Grey asked.

"Oh you know. Work, work, and more work." I said. "Other than that, I'm fantastic"

"New boyfriend?" She asked winking at me.

"Me? Boyfriend? No, I don't have time for a relationship" I said.

"Well who was that fine looking gentlemen you were with last week?" She asked confused.

"Oh, that was my brother." I said.

"You never mentioned you had a brother" Mrs. Grey frowned.

"Well I hadn’t seen him in a long time and last week I bumped into him and some old friends at the diner." I hadn't told Mrs. Grey much about my life and family. All I told her was that I moved back here from New York after being there for 5 years.

"Well that must have been a nice little reunion" She said. "Have a nice day, sweetie" Mrs. Grey waved and went inside. I waved back at her and started my journey down the street. There was a nice breeze blowing, I think today I just wanted to enjoy this nice California breeze and maybe sit at the beach for a little bit.

Long Beach is one of my favorite beaches in California other than Huntington. I sat in the sand staring at the ocean, and watching all the little kids running in the water and having fun. I always hoped to have a family like the ones on the beach. They all looked so happy. As I sat and people watched I thought about what Brian had said about having a baby sister. That means I was an older sister, I've never been an older sister. I pictured my life with her, taking her shopping, taking her to the nail salon, talking about boys. I smiled at my thoughts, I want to meet her. But what if I met her and she didn't like me? I also thought about mom and dad. Had they really changed? What were they like now? Would they be happy to see me? I guess there was only one way to find out. My head started to spin with my thoughts going at 100 miles an hour. I lit me a cigarette and continued to stare into the distance. I picked my phone out of my purse and looked for Brians number. I guess now a perfect time to call him and let him know that I’m safe and sound. The phone rang 3 times until someone picked up.

“Hello?” Came a female voice on the other end.

“Uh, I must have the wrong number… Sorry.” I went to hang up the phone but was stopped by the female’s voice.

“Riley? Is that you?” She asked.

“This is she.” I said answered.

“Hi, it’s Maite. Brian’s wife? We met at the bar last week.” She said.

“Oh, yeah. Hi” I said “Is Brian around?”

“I’m so glad you called. Brian is out back with the guys cooking up some steaks.” I could hear Maite smile through the phone. “Do you want me to grab him for you?” She asked.

“Ah, no that’s okay. Can you let him know I called?” I asked.

“Sure thing hun.” Maite said. There were voices in the background and a lot of laughter. “BABE! Did you finish the salsa? Matt keeps whining like a bitch because it’s not finished.” I heard Brian say. “Yes love, Riley’s on the phone actually. She wants to talk to you.” Maite said handing Brian the phone, I’m assuming.

“No really it’s fi-“

“Riley?” Brian cut me off.

“Hey big brother, what’s doing?” I asked.

“Jesus fuck, finally. Why did it take you so long to call?” Brian asked.

“Well I do work, and that work takes up the majority of my social life. Not that I have a social life, but my job takes up about 85% of my life. I was lucky enough to get the weekend off.” I said.

“Oh, yeah. I forgot you’re not rich like me.”

“Jeez, thanks a lot dick. Like I needed anyone to remind me that I’m poor.” I laughed.

“What are you doing right now?” He asked.

“Sitting on the beach. Needed to clear my head.” I sighed.

“You want to come over to my place? I’m having a cookout and everyone is here. They’d be happy if you came.” Brian suggested.

“You know what? That actually sounds better than staying home alone on a Saturday.” I thought to myself.

“I can pick you up in 30, if you like.” Brian said.

“Okay, I just need to get a change of clothes. I was thinking you could take me to see mom and dad tomorrow?” I asked.

“Uh, yeah. No problem. I was actually going over there in the morning to pick something up from Papa Gates.” Oh that old nickname the guys gave my dad years ago when Avenged Sevenfold was established.

“Okay well see you in 30.” I said and hung up the phone.

*************************


We got to Brians house and it was the most beautiful place I’ve ever seen. It’s was the biggest two story home I've ever seen. There were cars parked in the front, really nice and expensive cars. I examined the area. It was a quiet neighborhood. Poor people. I feel sorry for whoever lives next door to these loud idiots.

“Wait ‘til you see the inside.” Brian winked at me as he got out of the car.

“Okay, Mr. Rich and Famous.” I said getting out of the car.

“This could be your life too, if you moved in with me and Maite" He said in a sing song voice. Walking into the house I was awestruck, this place was like a palace. This house was beautiful. It had a little latin feel to it and it was comfortable and welcoming. "Welcome to my humble abode!" Brian said with his arms outstretched.

"Wow. This place is amazingly beautiful!" I said looking around.

"It's mostly Maite's doing." Brian said. God forbid if you let him decorate a house, it would look like a 7 year old boys room. I was glad he had Maite in his life actually and a little surprised he he ended up with a latina woman.

"I love it." I said walking and exploring the house.

"Tours can wait 'til later, everyone's out back. You hungry?" Brian asked. Just as he said that my stomach began to growl.

"Starved!" I said. Brian led us through a hallway into the kitchen and out to the back yard. I wouldn't consider it a back yard because the thing was huge! Everyone was scattered around, beers in there hand and laughing at god knows what.

"She's alive!" Brians yelled soon as we got outside. Jesus no need to announce to the world that I'm here.

"Riley! It's so good to see you again!" Maite said engulfing me into a hug. "Brian wouldn't shut up about you not calling." I laughed.

"Yeah, it's nice to see you again too" I replied. I smiled awkwardly and looked around at everybody.

"Well look who decided to turn up?" Matt said walking over to me. "We were beginning to think we had to send out a search crew to find you."

"I'm not going anywhere. I just work all week." I shrugged.

"Well we're glad you're here" Val said hugging me. I made my rounds saying hello to everyone and decided I needed to get food in my system before I faint. Brian brought me out a plate and a can of beer. After eating the delicious steak Brian made and having drank a few beers I loosened up a little bit and started chatting around with everyone. Matt was always the one to make stupid jokes. We all laughed and had a great time, I was thrown into the pool a few times by Zack and Brian but it was all good, I was having fun.

I felt a pair of eyes staring at me and giving me evil stares as I sat and talked with Val and Maite. I looked across the way and there was a girl underneath Arins arms in the pool. It was like she was throwing daggers my way. I ignored her for a while as I talked to Maite and Val about life and all the good stuff. Val was curious about what I did with my time in New York, she also updated me on whats been going on these past years. From what Val said the guys are doing pretty good for themselves and the bends sold a ton of records, I mean they must be to afford a house like this.

"Who's she?" I asked. Both Maite and Val looked in the direction I was looking.

"That, my dear, is poor Arins girlfriend." Maite said adjusting her towel around her waist. Brian had tossed her into the pool a few times also.

"Does her face always look like that?" The smug faced girl was looking at me like I did something wrong when I didn't even know the bitch.

"Let's just put it this way, she always thinks someone is going to steal her man." Maite said. "She's broken Arins heart so many times, poor kid deserves better."

"But she doesn't even know me." I said. "And with a look like that she's not going to want to know me." I said more to myself.

"She's just mad because you're just hotter than she is." I laughed at Vals comment. "Don't worry babe, we don't like her either. You already know how I am with girls like her and she already knows not to cross my path. Kaitlin is a bitch and I've told her myself several times. Arin gives the girl the world and she's still not happy. I honestly don't see how he does it when he finds her cheating. Poor kid always gets the shitty end of the stick." Val said. "And truth be told, I'll be glad if you steal her man. At least the kid wont be so broken anymore."

"Hm, I'm gonna go have a little chit chat. Get to know Arin a little better." I thought out loud. I took my shirt off, placing it on the chair I was sitting on, I was in my bikini top and my jean shorts. Maite and Val did the same as the guys started howling like dogs. I shook my head and made my way over to Arin.

"Be careful the bruja might cast a spell on you." Maite whispered in my ear.

"Trust me I'm not scared of little girls like her." I grabbed me fresh beer and walked over to where Arin and his girl were. "So, Arin." I said sitting down with my feet in the pool. "Seeing as you're new to the deathbat family." This bitch was giving death glares hardcore. "How do feel, hanging around a bunch of idiots? I mean they're brilliant on stage, but off stage not so much."

"Nah, they're not so bad. They just give a ton of shit because I'm the youngest. They've been great to me actually." He said. I nodded and took a swig of my beer.

"Is this your girlfriend? I don't recall see you at the bar. I'm Riley." I held my hand out and she just stared at me. "Okay." I said resting my hand back in my leg.

"Sorry. This is Kaitlin." He said.

"Nice to meet you Kaitlin." I smiled at her. She laced her fingers with Arins and looked away. "So what do you do when you're not playing for the band or on tour?" I asked.

"Other than hang with these guys? I spend a lot of my time playing video games. I'm a huge Zelda freak. I spend a lot of time trying to catch up on some of my favorite TV shows when we're not touring. Kaitlyn doesn't like it so I haven't been playing lately." He whispered.

"Really? Zelda is my shit man!" I said beaming. Arin smiled and I probably would have died in that instant because well yeah. "Do you play Black Ops?" I asked.

"Hell yeah!" He said. "You know I've never met a girl so into video games." Arin smiled and downed the rest of his drink.

"Maybe because she's not a girl." I heard Kaitlyn mutter under her breath, I wanted to punch her for that comment so bad but I kept my cool. Arin and I talked for about two hours straight, turns out Arin and I have a lot in common. He's just as much a nerd as I am, only I'm a closet nerd because I've never met anyone who shared interests. I honestly think I might be falling in love with this guy. By the end of the night we were all in the pool with beer cans scattered around. Brian had Maite on his shoulders and Matt had Val on his shoulders. The girl pushed and shoved each other until one finally fell back into the water.

"Hey Kid! Riley! You're up!" Brian called. Everyone had a pretty good buzz going on. I jumped in the pool and splashed Arin in the face and made sure to hit Kaitlyn as well.

"Bet I can take you down first!" I said to Arin.

"Oh yeah?" He smile showing his white teeth and started swimming my way. "Challenge accepted!" I got on Brians shoulders and Arin got on Matts.

"Hey that's not fair Matt's taller than Brian!" I pouted.

"Sorry Charlie. Kid you better take The Haners down, you hear me?" Matt said to Arin. "Hey Val! We need a countdown!" Matt yelled.

"On Three guys. One. Two. THREE!" And with that I struggled to take Arin down. Water was splashing in my eyes and I couldn't see. I kept shoving until finally Matt and Arin were down.

"Fuck yeah!" I yelled. "Told you I could take you down first! Never under estimate a Haner, bro."

"Damn kid, you just got beat by a girl!" Zacky said and everyone laughed.

"That's because I let you win!" Arin laughed.

"I dunno man, I'm going to have to disagree. Ri gets pretty mean when she plays chicken. Trust me, I would know" Brian said flipping me off his shoulders. As soon as I surfaced everyone was laughing.

"God you're such a jerk Brian!" I said and splashed him in the face with water. It was getting pretty late, like 3 o'clock in the morning late. Johnny left, then Zacky. Matt and Val stayed behind and helped clean up. Arin and I sat by the pool with our feet in the water singing along to Cowboys From Hell as it blared through the speakers. We started getting pretty obnoxious by the time the the song sped up. I wasn't drunk but I had a slight buzz going on. Everything was going great until Arins girlfriend started whining.

"Arin baby, I'm ready to go home." She sat on Arins lap laying her head on his chest.

"Okay we'll leave in 30." He said.

"No I wanna leave now." She said then whispered something in his ear. I wanted to gag when I saw her reach for his crotch.

"Alright, I'll gather out things and we'll go." Arin got up off the ground. "See you around Ri." He kissed Kaitlins lips and went to say bye to everyone.

"If you ever touch my boyfriend again, I'll kick your ass." Kaitlin said walked away. I went inside just as Arin and Kaitlin were leaving. Brian showed me around and to the room I would be sleeping in. "So what do you say after we go see Mom and Dad we go pick up my stuff from the apartment?" I asked Brian.

"Your serious?" He asked.

"As serious as aids." I smiled, Brian gave me a hug and kissed me goodnight. Today hasn't been so bad and I'm a little nervous about reuniting with my parents but I'll get over it. After a nice shower I I changed into some pjs and fell into a deep sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another update!
Let me know what you guys think, yeah? :)

Rileys outfit
Rileys Swimsuit