Status: working on it.

Feeling This...

26

“You need to concentrate,” Mike snapped at me, causing me to open my eyes.

“I am trying,” I said back through gritted teeth.

“No you're not, if you were something would be happening!” We had been arguing back and fourth all day, both of our patients were wearing thin.

“How am I going to make something happen if I don't know what I am trying to DO?” I stood up in the woods of Salem.

“Exactly!” he snarled back.

“This makes no sense!” I began walking away from Mike and Max, thinking about having to go home and deal with seeing Brian, who still wouldn't meet my eyes this morning while we were eating,but before I knew what was happening I was twenty feet up in the air.

Anger continued filling my veins, “Mike put me down!” I turned around to see he was up in the air as well, along with Max.

“There we go,” Mike smirked while we were up in the air, “At least you did something,”

“I'm doing this?” I questioned to afraid to move and fall, “I didn't even try to do this!”

“Anger usually slows the progression of things,” Mike kept a smile on his face, “But, looks like you are different,”

“What am I trying to progress? How do I get rid of the magic?”

“Good question, to get rid of the magic you need to posses the magic,”

“I don't think you ever make sense, ever, how do I get us down?”

“I do, if you would listen; Anger got us up here, so anger should get us down, so why are you mad?” he sat down in the air beside max who laid down.

“I am not mad,”

“Okay, then we will stay up here until this magic wears off,” he shrugged his shoulders and relaxed himself.

“How long could that take?” I snapped, angry that he was so calm about hanging out up in the air.

“Until the anger wears off, it could take days,” suddenly his demeanor changed 360 and he stood up quicker than I was aware that he could move, “Charlie, come here now!” he reached his hands out to me.

“I wouldn't do that if I was you,” his voice replaced the fear in my body and Mike and I started falling towards the ground; I nearly had my feet on the grass before we started back up again and I was right beside Mike in the air.

“Charles, leave now!” Mike sneered at Charles, staring directly at him like he could see him plain as day. “You know you are not welcome here,”
“That is the problem with my children Charlie, they treat their father horribly,” he smile with his gnarly teeth and made my stomach turn. It was a good thing that Mike was now keeping us up in the air because when Charles started coming up in the air as well, I felt puke build up in my throat.

“Don't come any closer,” Mike threatened.

“Micheal, I didn't know if you were alive or not, where have you been hiding out?” Charles came one step closer but I noticed he treaded carefully. “And you found our little Charlie I see,”

“Actually, she found me,” he smirked at the evil man, “Something you couldn't seem to do,”

“Well I found you here, didn't I?” he took another step.

“Only because I can't put a guard around us in Salem, no one can,” so why did he bring me here then? Did he want Charles to find me?

“Charlie, honey, don't listen to him,” her voice brought tears to my eyes immediately, “ come down here to momma,” my mom was standing on top of the hill we had just occupied.

“Charlie, you know it isn't true,” Mike whispered in my ear.

“Come on honey,” she waved her arms towards herself, “Don't trust Mike,”

“Mom?” I asked watching the woman on the ground, “Is it really you?”

“Of course it is Honey!” she smiled down at me and Charles took another step closer.

“Charlie, you know the truth,” Honey? If this was really my mom she would do something drastic to get me to know it was her, wouldn't she?

“My mom is dead!” I yelled down to the woman, “You killed her,” I met Charles black eyes.

“You really think you've got it all figured out, don't you?” Charles asked, “Well ask yourself this Charlie, if Mike really is the good guy, why haven't you been with him the whole time?”

“Charlie, come down here right now!” the woman that looked so much like my mom continued trying to draw me to her.

“Tell her Mike, tell her how many wolves you've killed, tell her about the prophecy about her, about how she will kill you too,” he turned his direction to me, “Do you really think, a man who gave up his sight to be all the more powerful will lay down arms and die peacefully? He is the threat Charlie, and he's got you right where he wants you,” I turned my head to look at Mike, would he die for me? He said he would and I just automatically believed him, but if there was anything I learned in the last few months is never trust a witch.

“Mike?” I asked

“You see what he did to his own brother Charlie,” he pointed towards Max who was ready to pounce at any time. “Turned him into his own personal filthy dog,”

“What prophecy?” I asked Mike, “Tell me,”

“We have known you would be the end of our line, since the beginning,”

“That's right,” Charles was talking from behind me, he was getting closer.

“It says that our blood will mix with an enemy,” he took another breath, rubbing his face with his hand, “Our magic is in our blood, we live off the future and past powers, it never really ends it just passes to another and gets stronger with each generation, if you cast out the witch, then you cast out the magic in our family, you end us all, we will be left powerless, vulnerable, then it states that the child of the last generation, which is you, born with no magic ability, only enemy blood will bring an end to the reign of the witches,”

“See Charlie, it's not safe,” My mother's voice came out of the fake on the ground.

“You ARE NOT MY MOTHER!” I screamed in the direction of the woman and a shocked screeched passed out of her mouth as my mother seemed to fade away as fast as she showed and a small old woman like the witches on fairy tales was left in her spot. Everything on me was tingling, from my toes to finger tips.

“Good girl,” Mike muttered moving closer to me as Charles did.

“Ahh, you are stronger than I thought, already!” he seemed to be pleased that I had changed the woman on the ground. “Come with me Charlie, and I will teach you what you need to know to succeed, to be all powerful,”

“No, I will never go with you! You killed my parents!” I felt ice pass through my veins.

“I did what I had to do, they were holding you back, so proud of their little wolf, so happy when you started to show signs,” his face drew it disgust, “It made me sick, how could you deny all the power if your veins, then that summer, when you were about to become the horrible monster inside, I couldn't allow it,”

“They were my parents!” the ice left and the heat started at my spine again, it started too hot, turned to fire then finished off at lava; and then like before the particles began showing in everything, the dust in the sunlight, I could hear the rays on my skin.

“Ask yourself this, if we posed so long as your parents, who else around you isn't who they seem to be?” his face shifted in slow motion into something even uglier than before, my sight loosing all color. “Come with me Charlie,” his dry gray skin touched mine as the knuckles on my hand locked.

“LEAVE ME ALONE!” I yelled, the voice coming out of my mouth something I didn't recognize as the heat spread to something even hotter, something they hadn't made a name for yet; my ribs snapped with my words. Max howled beside me as Charles disappeared and I started falling towards the ground as the world went black.


No One's POV

“I think Charlie just shifted again,” Brian growled out at the group, he hadn't spoken all day but he had stayed beside the door Charlie and her witch uncle and dog has gone through this morning, neither of them saying a word or looking at each other.

“Are you sure?” The alpha asked his second in control, the pain in Brian was so strong that some had passed over to the other wolves through their bond. Nothing went on that the others couldn't detect, it was a part of being a pack, their pain brought them together.

“I'm sure, but it was quick, it's stopped now,” Brian began pacing.

“Is she okay?” Josie quickly asked walking up to the door they had gone through hours ago and throwing it open, only to reveal a coat closet. Josie's feelings towards Charlie were almost as strong as Brian's, almost, the friendship they formed outside the pack, then as pack mates, always seemed to fill the connection between everyone, then add Brian's and everyone got overwhelming feelings towards Charlie, maybe that was how she got away with so much shit.

“Damn it I hate magic!” Josie snapped slamming the door back shut, but the second the door nob latched it flew back open and Mike's dog was in the doorway, followed of course by his owner, but his hands weren't empty, he had a teenage girl in his arms, a teenager who looked dead. Charlie.

“What the fuck happened?” Brian was the first one to get his hands on Mike when the door shut behind him.

“Charles found us,” Mike confessed as Brian tore Charlie out of his arms. “She's fine, she just exhausted her powers,”

“She didn't have any powers until we came here!” Misty yelled watching her granddaughter's mate carry her to the couch.

“She's fine,” Mike added again.

“Where is Charles?” Matt questioned the witch as he took a seat in the living room, exhaustion written all over his face as well.

“Charlie banished him,” a proud smile passed over his lips. “After she broke through a glamour, but she got pissed, extremely pissed,” he kept his smile on, “she started to shift to a wolf and the spell shut her down,”

“But that is a good thing right?” Misty asked Mike, since the day she met Mike she had an overwhelming trust towards him that no one understood, she liked him, simple as that.

“Could be, it would be a lot easier if her magic ran on a different wave length, usually magic is projected through your body by being at peace, Charlie's magic comes from anger, as well as her wolf, so both are trying to get out at the same time. I don't understand how the wolf works but I do know she had to have a temperature of 150 before she passed out,”

“She's hot headed, just like her Nanny,” Charlies Poppa laughed watching his granddaughter start to stir on the couch.
♠ ♠ ♠
Let me know what you think! I go back to my dorm tomorrow so I am going to try and write a few chapters tonight to upload through out the week. Can we get five new comments before I update again?