Caught Between Two Worlds

ch.4

Ch. 4
Ava stretched out on the bed in her hotel room. She couldn't help it, as she yawned. She rolled over onto her back next to Paul. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Paul smile at her.
He leaned over Ava and tilted his head, as though considering something.
"I wonder..." He muttered, and smiled sexily at Ava. He reached out and gently pulled her towards him. "I wonder...will THIS wake you up...?" He pushed her chin upwards, now they were nose to nose. She could feel his warm breath on him. If she just leaned forwards then... Her thoughts were interrupted as his lips latched onto hers. They were soft and gentle, and she felt everything melt. Her very meaning, her very existence, was pointless. Up 'till now.

Abruptly, he pulled away.
"Naaw," she pouted, "I liked that."
He smiled, his sweet, handsome smile. "Oh I know you did."

And with that, he pushed her onto the bed and pressed their mouths together. This time, Ava felt different. The kiss was more persistent, more URGENT, almost. She gently broke apart, to breathe. Then, she looked up at Paul who was pinning her to the bed with a smirk on his face. “So….got any new ideas bandmate?” Ava rolled her eyes and shoved Paul off of her “seriously great way to ruin the mood Paul….we were having a moment and you blew it….AGAIN” Ava looked at Paul who was now laying next to her and saw that he was pouting. Ava moves to straddle Paul and she leans in closely to Paul and says “now that I think about it…I do have some ideas….but not about the album…” Then she leans down and kisses Paul as Paul pulls her closer to him. He then flips them over, with him now on top of her. Both of their mouths battling for dominance, when Ava pulls away gasping for breath. When she grips Paul’s biceps and looks up at him with a look of horror on her face as a flash of color invades her eyes. “NO this can’t be happening…no no no no….” As Ava quickly gets up off the bed and runs to the door of the hotel room and locks the door. “What? What’s up?” Ava turns around with her hands in her hair trying to think of what to do as she replies “he’s here….he knows where we are and he’s coming for us….” Paul quickly gets off the bed and goes to the dresser and starts opening all the drawers and takes all the contents and starts packing them in suitcases. “Paul what are you doing?” “What does it look like I’m doing we’re getting the hell out of here and away from him!”
Soon after both Ava and Paul exit the hotel room and make their way to the elevators when one of them opens revealing a 6 foot tall man with a buzz-cut and a goatee smiling evilly at Ava and Paul “So….Paul is it? Nice to meet you….I just wish it was on better terms” “Cody don’t do this he hasnt done anything to you!” Cody looks directly at Paul and says “he hasn’t…yet and I plan on keeping it that way…” Cody speeds closer to Ava and Paul and grabs Paul by the neck and pushes him down to the ground and puts a knife to his throat. Cody looks from Paul to Ava and smiles at Ava as her eyes grow increasingly red with anger as she runs to push Cody off of Paul but she sees as she is running the knife quickly slash before she can make it.
Ava wakes up abruptly from the premonition that she saw. She rubs her hands over her face and looks around at the hotel room and sees that it’s early morning. She gets up and goes to the bathroom and turns on the sink and splashes her face with water and looks in the mirror. As she looks at her reflection her eyes change from color to color. “Damn it….” “What?” “AH!” Ava spins around and sees Dakota standing in the doorframe of the bathroom with a smirk on her face. “What? Scared you?” Ava rubs her face tiredly “God don’t do that…..” “No seriously what’s wrong? You look stressed…” Ava looks up and sees Dakota’s face and sees that she really is concerned “did you see something that I need to know about because it sounded like you had more than a nightmare” “it was about Cody….in the future….” “Well the way that your saying it doesn’t make me feels hopeful…does it have anything to do with KISS?” “How-““because you repeatedly were saying Paul Stanley’s name in your sleep…” Ava looked at Dakota and saw something in her face she never thought she would ever see. “Wait….oh my god!” “What…and if it’s my hair I know I just woke up so I know it looks like shit ok….” “No your jealous….yeah your jealous that I’m having premonitions involving Paul aren’t you?” “It isn’t fair…I was the one that was the KISS fan! You just got backstage by accident!” “Well in this case I wish you had this premonition...I saw Cody almost kill Paul” “wait what?! What do you mean by almost?” “I woke up before I could see Cody slash Paul's throat…that’s why we have to infiltrate the band and get me in” “well I can tell you one thing…it’s not going to be that hard with our powers” Ava rolls her eyes and walks out of the bathroom past Dakota who quickly follows her. “Not powers…they aren’t working right... I mean come on look at this” as Ava gestures to her eyes which keep on changing colors. “That’s weird…and it’s never happened before?” “Nope I blame KISS ever since I went backstage I’ve felt…weird” “Like what besides the powers malfunctioning? “ “Kinda like I need to be there with them and protect them….” “Oh no….” “What please don’t tell me what I think you’re going to tell me….” “Well I think you formed a bond with Paul…” “WHAT!? A bond...the hell I didn’t! All I did was kiss him….well more than a peck on the cheek but whatever I deserved it since going through what I’ve been going through lately with all the stress. But a bond?” “I’ve heard of it happening before but it’s really rare” “apparently not since it happened to me ugh…” Dakota hugged her little cousin and said “well at least with the bond formed we will know where they are for their next concert and I can get us in as part of their crewmembers” “I guess…I just…I’m worried” “why?” “Because in the premonition it showed that I end up having a relationship with Paul.” Dakota let go of Ava and looked down at her and said “well maybe it’ll work out better this time; maybe he’ll be good for you Ava.” “Ugh I hope so or I don’t know how I’m going to live with myself.” Dakota spins Ava around to face her bed and says “you’ll be fine...now get ready for the long drive ahead of us…”