Caught Between Two Worlds

ch.6

Ch. 6
Just as he got into the hall out of the view of the lobby he starts thinking about Ava. When he finally got to this hotel room he was in a daze. He opened the door and Peter, Ace and Gene where inside tuning their guitars and looked up at him. “what took you so long you were just suppose to verify with the hotel manager what time we were suppose to go on tonight not go out to get breakfast.” Gene said sarcastically.
Paul rolls his eyes at Gene’s comment and says “I was busy in the lobby….that girl that showed up backstage, when we were in Canada is here” “OH YEAH THAT GIRL…..” As Ace and Peter quickly grab at each other and mimic two people making out and stop abruptly and laugh really hard. “You could keep your hands off of her, and then she left you high and dry…” “She looked like she knew who I was…” “How could that be Curly we’ve never been around fans without our makeup on…?”
“I don’t know but she asked me about us and I played dumb and she said that I knew what she was talking about…maybe she does know what I look like without the makeup?” “Yeah right like that’s even possible…” “You guys should have seen the way she was looking at me, like she was telling me, not verbal but with her eyes that she knew who I was” “well what did she say to you?” “That she’s only here to see KISS because she has a thing for the lead singer”
Peter gets up from the bed and walks over to Paul and puts his hand on Paul’s shoulder and says “dude that seems like a sure thing…don’t ask any more questions…just…..meet her after the concert and get your freak on since she kind of left you with blue balls last time” “UGH that’s not the point guys! She knows my identity isn’t that not a good thing since we are trying to create an image for our band and some groupie knows what I look like without my makeup on doesn’t that bother you guys?” Paul looks down at the rest of the band and sees that they are back to tuning their guitars like they didn’t hear a word that Paul had just said. “Fine if it doesn’t bother you guys then…I’M OUTTA HERE!” Paul opens the door and slams it behind him as he exits his hotel room and walks down to the lobby.
As Paul was walking around the lobby he immediately spotted Ava talking with another girl very animatedly. He started walking towards them, when both girls turned in his direction and he notices the other girl has a look of astonishment on her face just for a split second, and then it changed to a smile as Paul slowly walked up.
“Hey….Stan I thought I wasn’t going to see you until the show tonight? Oh and by the way this is my cousin Dakota.”
Paul shook her hand and really looked at her. She was about the same height as him, with dark brown hair, olive complexion and hazel eyes; the complete opposite of Ava he noticed who only stood at 5’3 with dirty blonde hair and blue-green eyes.
“I just was going to go for a walk….I had a disagreement with a few buddies of mine so…”
That’s when he noticed Ava’s cousin elbowing Ava and as a result she responded “oh well would you like us to join you?” In which Dakota responded “oh no you know what I’m kind of tired from the drive….Stan is it ok if Ava joins you?”
That’s when Dakota got closer to Paul and felt like he couldn’t look away at her eyes as she asked her question and he responded “yes she can” and even still he couldn’t look away as she replied “great…and afterwards Ava is going to take you to our hotel room ok” and even though Paul wanted to tell her that he didn’t want to he still responded “ok”
And then finally Dakota stepped away from Paul and walked back to the hotel room that she shared with Ava. Paul looked back at Ava and felt so odd and wondered why he responded in the way he did, when Ava led him out of the hotel entrance and out into the early morning sun.
Ava looked at Paul and laughed slightly at his expression “so you’re wondering how she did that right?” “I couldn’t control my responses why?” “It’s called compulsion, she can make anyone say and do anything she wants…” “Why did she do that to me though…?” “Because we knew it would be the only way that we could get you back to the hotel room”
Paul stopped Ava from walking and turned her told her “oh sweetheart you really don’t have to do much to get me back into your hotel room” “oh Paul….we weren’t asking you to come back for that….” “How do you know who I am?” “I’ll explain it to you later come on”
Ava led Paul back to her hotel room, when as they were walking in the hallway Paul and Ava saw the rest of KISS walking down as she quickly got the key from her pocket to open the door before they noticed Paul, but she was too late as she saw them advancing and saw all three men with a smug look on their face as Paul rolled his eyes at them.
All three of them stopped in front of Ava and Paul and Ava stopped scrambling for the key and looked up at them. “SO….isn’t a little early for this kind of thing Paul?” “It’s not what you think alright…” “yes…I wanted to talk to him….ALONE” Gene looked at Ava with a cocked brow and said “oh really…” as he tried to touch her face, which made Ava step back uncomfortably and glared at him and said “did I say you could touch me….” Gene responded with “whatever come on guys let’s go...” as he walked further down the hallway as Peter and Ace stayed watching Gene walk away. Peter shook his head and said “that has to be the first time a girl told him off for doing something like that…and sorry about that he kind of cant control himself sometimes” “it’s ok I’m used to it” Then Ace looked from Paul and Ava and said with a smirk on his face “so you guys are going in their just to talk…yeah right Paulie use protection!” as he cackled and both men walked away.
Ava sighed and turned back to the door and opened it as Paul said “sorry about them…they sometimes don’t think before they talk” and they entered the room and saw Dakota sitting on the bed watching television when she saw them come in. “ugh what took you guys so long” “we were….deterred for a moment” as Ava walked toward the bed and sat down next to Dakota and looked back at Paul who was standing by the door.
Ava patted a spot next to her to sit down, which he cautiously did while saying “so why am I here?” Dakota sat up and looked at him and said “because we need to tell you that you’re in danger…you and the rest of the band and we are the only ones that can help you” “WHAT?! What are you talking about?”
Ava looked at Paul seriously “Paul we know about you…..and the band you’re in…remember Canada I was the one girl that got away” Paul glared “I knew it was you and what the hell are we in danger from?” Dakota put her hand to her forehead and said “my brother….he’s on a mission to kill anyone that has associated with Ava….and don’t ask it’s a long….long story” “Associate? I just kissed you!” Ava looked at Paul and shrugged “apparently that’s association enough for him to come and kill you plus he knows that we are with you…”
“So how can you help us then?” Ava rolled her shoulders and laid down on the bed and said “I have to join the band…become a part of it so I know where each one of you is all the time and Dakota will be on the outside at every concert watching for him” “JOIN THE BAND! You know how that’s going to go with Gene!” “Well...we can have a mock try-out then to convince him or tell him that I can help you guys out with your act, which by the way….you need help on”
Paul glared at Ava and said “can you even sing or play a guitar” Ava was inspecting her the numerous rings on her fingers and said nonchalantly “yes and yes….why would you think that I would even suggest it if I couldn’t do it…”
Paul sighed “how can I be sure your telling the truth though about all of this…” “Why would I lie about this…your not a very known band and yet here we are…how do you think we figured out how you were here?”
Paul started thinking about it and said “yeah how did you know we haven’t done any posters around this area yet...” “Didn’t you feel something when we kissed….” “What do you mean?” “Seriously you didn’t feel anything at all when I kissed you?” “I guess I felt something after we parted but….is that how you found us?” “Yep…now go tell Gene and the rest of the guys about me and what I told you about the stage presence and act and how I can help”
Paul got up and exited the hotel room and stood outside in the hallway dumbfounded at what he was just told as he walked back towards his hotel room to try and convince the band about letting Ava join them in some way.