Caught Between Two Worlds

ch.7

Ch. 7
Paul stood outside his hotel room trying to figure out how to tell the rest of the band members about Ava and not tell them everything at the same time. “Ugh I’m going to sound insane anyway I look at it…” as he opened the door to find it void of anyone. He breathed a sigh of relief and closed the door to the hotel room. He sat down on the bed with his hands in his head trying to think of how to tell the rest of the band the danger that they are in when he hears a knock on the door. “Come in” as the door opens and he sees Ava’s head pop in as she looks around the hotel room and sees that it’s only him.
She fully opens the door and walks into the room and Paul asked “so what’s up I thought I was going solo on this?” Ava rolled her eyes and said “yeah well….I thought about it further and well I’m here to help explain what’s going on.” Paul looked at her straight-faced and said “so pretty much after I left your cousin told you to help me” Ava laughed lightly “yeah…she can be kinda pushy sometimes”
Paul rolls his eyes and says “you have no idea…Gene is the same way” Ava laughed as Paul moved over on the bed to give Ava room to sit down next to him. Ava stretched her arms as she goes to sit down as Paul tries to not look, which Ava notices. She laughs “don’t try and play like you weren’t checking me out just now STAN….” Paul scoffs and replies nervously “I wasn’t checking you out at all….” Ava rolls her eyes dramatically “uh huh…so where are the guys at exactly? I came here for a reason….” “I think they might be checking out the area in the hotel where we are performing tonight…so you’re really going to stay until they show up?” Ava looks over at Paul with her eyebrows furrowed “yeah why not since I don’t have anything else to do….” “well….I was thinking about taking a shower but---“ “then go take a shower ill just hang here” Paul laughs and says “you sure you wanna be doing that?” Ava turned toward him and looked at him up and down “well its not like I wont be seeing something that I haven’t before” as Paul rolls his eyes as he gets off the bed and walks into the bathroom and closes the door after him to shower.
Ava sighed and laid back on the bed and looked up at the ceiling absentmindedly as she heard the shower start up as she asked “hey paul can you still hear me?” and within a second she heard his response of “yeah….why?” “because we need to figure out how we’re gonna tell them about…well me and well the whole situation you know….” “ I guess but you’re the one with the powers and its your idea..i say we wing it…” at that Ava’s green eyes widened in alarm “WING IT?!” she screamed as she got off the bed and walked determinedly towards the bathroom door “what do you mean wing it? How the hell am I suppose to wing it?! Huh? Answer me please on that..” as she tilted her head towards the bathroom door to hear the response she got no answer. “fine don’t help me then….” As she starts walking back towards the bed, the bathroom door opens and Paul walks out. Ava turns around and Paul notices her pissed off expression, which changes to her slightly laughing. “What? What are you laughing at?” “oh my god you look like someone tried to drown you HA!” Then she looked down and saw that he still had a towel wrapped around his waist, Paul looks down and says “oh yeah forgot my clothes so…..” Ava looks at him with a slight grin and says “oh that look doesn’t bother me at all…might bother your band mates though..” Paul walks over to the drawer, trying to find clothes as he says“don’t worry they’ve seen me in worse states before…and please don’t ask about it”
While talking Ava notices that Paul dropped some clothes onto the floor, so she walks up behind him to grab it. Paul sees this over his shoulder and says “what are you doing? Trying to get a peek?” in response Ava shoves Paul out of the way and picks up the clothes and puts them back into the dresser, while Paul stands next to her watching passively. “wow you really are assertive, thank god im not related to you….kind of feel bad for your cousin to mention it” Ava turns around with clothes in her hands, which she gives to Paul and sits down next to him on the bed. “oh trust me if you think im bad, Dakota is ten times worse then me…she’s super controlling about everything, but I know that shes only trying to help me” Paul just looks at Ava with a smile on his face as he moves his hand on the side of her face to tuck a stray blonde hair behind her ear, and she smiles at the gesture as they stare into each other’s eyes. Ava breaks the eye contact as she glances down and sighs and says “well you might as well change because you never know when theyre going to show up…” Paul leaned close to Ava and said with a gleam in his eye “or we could finish where we left off when you met me backstage at that concert” “uh well I don’t think that’s a really good idea Paul..” “why not its obvious that we’re both attracted to each other….-----“ as the door to the hotel room opens and Dakota walks in to see Paul leaning towards Ava. They both look up seeing Dakota with an enraged expression on her face as she says “what’s going on in here?!”