Caught Between Two Worlds

ch.9

Ch.9

April 4, 1974, Hartland, Michigan 12 A.M.

Ava still felt the pounding of the music against her body as she exited the Nordic Arena. But as she was walking towards the exit doors she saw a familiar figure outside of the arena. And before the person could spot her Ava turned around and started walking back into the arena. When she finally got back to the seating area where security was shuffling people away. Ava walked up to one of them and asked “can I please go back in there….i forgot something at my seat” to which the security guard replied “no one is permitted back into the arena. If you forgot something then come back tomorrow to see if any of the cleaning crew found it” Ava sighed exaggeratedly at this so she turned on the charm. Ava stepped closer to the security guard and pouted at him. “But I wont be able to come back tomorrow I took a flight to get out here…please pretty please cant I just go in and check to see if I left something by my seat” The security guard looked at Ava and finally caved letting her back into the seating area of the arena. Once the red curtains were opened for her Ava bolted down the numerous amounts of stairs of the arena towards the stage. When she finally ran down all the stairs towards the floor seating area she ran up to the side of the stage where there was stage crew still breaking equipment down. Ava walked up the stairs on the side of the stage and walked up to one of the crew members. “Hi, uh I was wondering if the band was still here?” the burly man looked Ava up and down and gave her a smirk as he replied “no sweetheart, the groupies already left with ‘em when the concert ended…but you can stay here and wait until we get done and come back with me” Ava smiled up at him and replied “no thanks I’m….ok….I’m actually a friend of Paul’s….and I was wondering where they were staying at….” And with that the conversation turned to a different direction as the crew member gave her a look and replied “oh so your Ava? We were told that if we saw you to take you to their hotel room…so let’s get going…” As the crew member led her off stage and out of the arena she looked behind at the arena and saw the person that was following her still there waiting for her and she smirked as she got into the car and drove away towards the hotel room.