Status: In the works!

Change

Chapter Twenty- One

“Reina!” My aunt called from the bottom of the stairs, just as I opened my last box of belongings that were long over due to be unpacked. “Some people are here for you!”

For me? “Uh ok, I’ll be dow-“

“No need to come down.” Steph said walking into my room, dressed like she was ready for a night out, I mean, it was Friday night.

“Its girls weekend, friend.” Liz said dropping herself onto the edge of my bed.

I have met these girls once and they were treating me like we have been life long friends. I guess I could be ok with that; I needed friends.

“Sorry for the intrusion.” Mia said with a small smile as she sat on an ottoman next to my box of trophies and myself.

“The cabin weekend deal?” I asked.

“Now I understand why you never texted me; Liam must have forgotten to give you our numbers.”

Liam and I have been a couple now for a month or so. Am I supposed to remember the day? He has been traveling to various universities to get woo- ed, which I am sure is working well for him now that he has a healthy future.

That also means I haven’t seen him for three weeks, which is odd since I am used to seeing him every day.

“So if you could get ready, we can get this party started.” Steph laughs.

“Speaking of parties,” I said, “That looks like where you guys are going, not a cabin.”

The three of them laugh as they share a glance. “Exactly, but we will end up there.” Liz says.

“We know of some parties we can hit up at the university a few towns away.” Mia said. “Well those two do, I’m not much of the partying type.”

“Neither am I,” I stated as Mia let out a sigh of relief. “I should probably find something to wear if we are going out then.”

“Yes you should!” Liz and Steph shouted with excitement.

I go to my newly unpacked closet and start searching with the help of Mia.

“This would be perfect!” Mia says excitedly after turning down five other options. I look over as she pulls out a blush colored flowy dress Clemmy had gotten for me for my birthday.

“I have the perfect wedges for that too!” I smiled happily.

“Perfect!” Mia said as music started to fill my bedroom thanks to Liz and Steph.

--------------------

“Reina,” My uncle stopped me before I could leave with Mia, Steph, and Liz. “I’m not naïve, make good choices.

“You don’t need to worry about me, Charlie.” I smiled as he kissed the top of my head.

“I always will.” He said into my hair.

I head out onto the porch and into Liz’s waiting car.

*I just and landed and won’t be home for another hour or two… so I’ll just see you tomorrow. Sleep tight Rein ☺ *

My phone flashed with Liam’s message.

*Good night ☺ I’ll see you tomorrow… hopefully... it’s girl’s night out… thanks for reminding me. *

Liam replied quickly.

*Oh right, I forgot about that. Make good choices. Liz and Steph can get a little crazy.*

Mia nudges me as I close out of Liam’s messages. She holds her phone out to me as her screen lights up my face. ‘Keep her safe, Mia.’ A message from Liam shines on her phone.

He was truly something. I smiled up at Mia who had the same expression. Even when he isn’t around he leaves me with butterflies.

*I miss you* I texted him quickly.

*And I miss you*

That was enough for me, I suppose.

----------------------

“We are here!” Liz shouts happily over the loud music that was filling the car.

For it being summer, there were still quite a few students out and about and ready to party. “Where exactly are we going?” I ask.

“Liz has been talking to this college guy for a while and he invited us to a party he is having with his roommate.” Mia said as Liz cut the engine and the four of us got out. “I’ll probably be driving by the end of the night or Josh will be picking us up. If that is ok with you.”

I nodded my head as Liz and Steph led the way to the apartment complex.

“Those two plan on getting a little crazy all before school starts in a month and a half.” Mia laughs.

“Fitting it in while we can.” Steph laughed as her brown eyes squinted in delight.

“Oh my good God.” Mia said as the door opened to the apartment to find. It was packed with people and beer pong, flip cup, and other various drinking games. It was dank and full of sweaty people.

I’m sorry but it was kind of gross. Mia grabbed onto my shoulder as she followed right behind me as I followed Steph and Liz who pushed their way inside.

“We don’t have to stay long.” Steph said reassuringly to me as I grabbed onto her arm.

Liz stops abruptly in front of us as a tall shaggy haired guy stops her in her tracks. Liz turned to us with a smile from ear to ear. This must be her guy, whoever he may be.

“Girls, this is Derek,” Liz said as he looked at us individually while she introduced each of us. “This is Mia, Reina, and Steph.”

“Well!” Derek yelled over the music, “It is nice to meet you all.” He said grabbing Liz’s side and pulling her away from the three of us.

“Uh, well- bye,“ Steph said watching Liz get pulled out of reach. “Let’s get this party started.”

“I heard party!” A guy said walking up to us with a hand full of shot glasses and vodka. “I’m Avery, Derek’s roommate. You guys must be Liz’s friends?” The tall blonde haired boy asked. “Shots?” Avery asked holding the glasses out to us. Mia and Steph shrug their shoulders as they take a glass and let Avery pour them one.

“One won’t hurt I suppose.” You’re making some really good choices here Reina. I thought to myself as I downed one.

“Just enough to get us going.” Mia said taking my glass after a few more and handing our glasses back Avery.

“I don’t think you will be driving tonight, Mia.” Steph laughed. “ I have a feeling Josh will be getting a call.” I look at Mia as she mouths ‘She’s a cheap drunk’.

“Most definitely.” Mia said as I tried to blink away the oncoming tipsiness that was filling my eyes.

Steph began talking to Avery when Liz pulled Mia and I towards the beer pong table. “We have next game and you two have no choice but to play us.” Liz shouted.

-----------------------------

“Are you ok?” I asked Mia after playing a few games of beer pong and watching her lose drinking game after drinking game, “So much for not being a partier, Mia.” I laughed as she looks at me with drunken eyes.

“I think I’ve made a great mistake.” She said sleepily. “Steph!” She shouted drunkenly as she leaped into Steph’s drunken arms.

Steph walks over to me. “Can you call Liam to get Josh and him to come get us and Liz’s car? Those two are gone, I’m still not good to drive, you look about as drunk as I am and it has gotten pretty late.” She said in my ear as she tries to hold up Mia as she teetered.

I grab my phone and walk outside to call Liam and notice that is it already three in the morning. He will probably want to kill me.

It rang for what seemed like forever.

“Hello?” His voice was muffled.

“Li?” I asked. “Can you and Josh come and get us?”

I could hear him groaning on the other end of the phone while I waited for him to respond. He lets out this huge sigh as he says, “What’s two more hours of sleep?”

“I’m so sorry.” I whispered.

“Don’t be Reina… Luckily I am already with Josh so we can be there soon.” He said, “Can you just text me the address, please?”

“Yeah,” I said quietly. “I’ll just see you when you get here.”

“Reina.”

“Yeah?”

“Make some better choices than you already have, please.”

“Aye, aye, QB1.” I laughed with a smile. I hung up leaving him laughing.

I’m still too drunk.

I text Liam my location and head back inside to find the girls.

I finally spot Mia, Liz, and Steph. The car ride here wasn’t a very long one so it shouldn’t take them that long to get here.

“Did you call them?” Steph asked. “I don’t know how much longer I can hold her up.” We both laugh as Mia dangles drunkenly in her arms.

“Yeah they should be here soon because they were already together.” I said as I took Mia’s weight. “Go ahead and get Liz and I will just meet you outside?”

Steph nods and heads off in the direction Liz was. “Mia, Mi.” I say looking at her, “Do you think you can walk outside with me? Josh is coming to pick you up.”

“Josh?” She asks as she starts walking, “I love him.”

“I know, so lets go outside to wait for him.”

“Ok.” She smiled as she began walking. “Let’s get going then.”

I follow closely behind her as she slowly made her way out of the apartment.

“Reina, come on I just want to go to bed.” Mia said as Steph and Liz caught up to us on our way out.

Mia somehow spots Josh’s car right away and takes off towards it. “What has gotten her up and moving all of a sudden?” Liz asked.

“My guess is Josh.” Steph said. “Who was that guy?” She asked me.
“No idea.”

Liz rests against her car drunkenly. “I’ll ride with Josh and Mia in my car and you two can just go with Liam.”

“You are so drunk.” Josh said amusingly to Mia as she fell into him once he got out of his car. “Dear God.”

“Thanks for saving us, guys.” Steph said giving them small hugs. “Let’s get out of here.”

“Hi stranger.” He said with a beautiful smirk as I smile back sleepily. He leans in and leaves a sweet kiss on my lips. “You had quite a bit to drink tonight didn’t you?” He said as he wiped his lips.

“Sorry.” I started to laugh as Steph fell to the seats looking like she was ready to fall asleep.

-------------------------------

“Come on.” Liam whispered quietly as he opened my door and unhooked my seatbelt as he woke me from my car slumber.

“Where is Steph?” I asked groggily as Liam easily lifted me from the car.

“I already brought her inside.” He said as he set me on my feet. “Let’s get you inside, Reina.” I slowly close the car door and walk behind Liam. “Come on pokey.” He laughed as I stumbled on the rocky gravel in my wedges. “Hop on love.” Liam said as he helped me onto his back and carried me up the many stairs leading to the front door of the massive cabin on the river.

“Thank you.” I sighed into Liam’s neck as he ascended the stairs.

“Anything for my girl.”

I was utterly falling for this boy. I leave a small kiss on his neck, causing him to shiver as he opens the door to the cabin. I kiss him once again in the same place as he shutters once again. Liam sets me down in the chair in the living room area of the cabin. As I looked around everyone was already sprawled out in their own area sound asleep. Even Josh who had Mia still drunkenly snoring on top of him with a bottle of water in hand and a bucket near by.

Liam stands up and looks at his watch adorning his wrist. He sighs and looks down at me.

“Stay.” I said reaching to grab his hand. He obliged as he helped me out of my seat and sat himself down where I was before pulling me into his lap. Falling into his lap I adjust until I am comfortable sitting in the tiny chair as my legs dangled off the side.

Liam fanned out my short dress to situate it appropriately on my legs. I lift my head to look at him, catching his beautiful blue eyes as they shined from the little sunlight that was beginning to rise. “I’ve missed you.” He said softly.

Three weeks wasn’t too long, but it was long enough for the both of us since we practically spent every day together. It was a good feeling to see him again. “You should leave more often, I kinda like running into you like this. I’ll try not to be drunk next time.”

“That would be nice.” He laughed quietly as to not wake anyone up as Liz stirred on her makeshift bed on the floor. Liam tangles his hand with mine as he rested his head back and closed his eyes for a moment. “You should get some sleep.” He said as I began to take off my wedges. After a while he reaches over and pulls of my shoes after he watched me struggle.

“Thank you.” I said as he kissed my hand while I sank into the familiar smell of him, and finally a slumber.

----------------------------

I shoot awake startling myself from the nightmare I just had, and also Liam.

“Are you ok Reina?” He asked softly pulling me back into him.

I sat there trying to slow my breathing. Even with him here I still had those terrors of my parents.

“Reina?” His voice was a little more concerned.

“Yeah.” I finally huffed into his chest. He knew about the night terrors and the pain it brought along with no sleep. Heck, he has even been a part of those dreams alongside my parents.

“I’m sorry, but I should probably get going to my training session.” Liam said with a yawn and a stretch.

“Ok.” I mumble as I lift myself out of the comfort of him.

“I’ll see you when your girls weekend is over.” He says as me brushes my hair from my forehead and pecks my lips again and again.

“Ok.” I say against his lips as he kisses me one last time. I curl back up in the chair that was still warm, as Liam wakes up Josh, who has to somehow get out from under Mia. The boys make their way out of the cabin as quietly as possible.

Mia grumbles on the couch about how hung over she is as she falls back asleep causing Liz, Steph, and I to laugh. “How fucking drunk was I last night.”

“Wasted” Liz yawned sleepily.

“Totally wasted.” Steph and I said in unison.

“Yay.” Mia moaned.