Status: In the works!

Change

Chapter Twenty

“Reina.” His voice echoes through my phone.

“Liam?”

“Are you busy?” He asks.

“Am I ever?” I laugh a little as I stare at my empty room. I hadn’t done a single thing all day with the pouring rain.

“Good point.” He laughed through the phone; it was good to hear him laugh. “I’ll be over to pick you up soon.”

“Ok, I’ll be waiting.”

“Ok.” His voice rings throughout my quiet room as I end the call and get up to put my raincoat on and down the stairs with my converses in hand.

Please let everything be ok, he deserves just that for once.

++++++++++++++++

“You look tired.” He said looking over at me, staring into my eyes intensely, but sadly. He looked worried.

“I couldn’t sleep.” I said flatly as I looked at him. I couldn’t stop wringing my hands as I sat in the passenger seat. “You know, the usual.”

“You were worried, weren’t you?” He said coming to a stop at his, or should I say 'our' favorite place. I just wanted him to tell me about what happened today, but I didn’t want to push him.

“How could I not be?” I said softly, barely inaudible, “It’s just one thing after another, you know?”

“I know.” He answered, with his voice barely audible due to the downpour of rain slamming into his truck. “But, you shouldn’t have to worry about me.”

I look over at him as he slips on a hat, adjusting the visor as he opens his door and steps out into the pouring rain. 'But I do.'

“What are you doing?”

All I got was a smile in return as he closed his door and made his way around the passenger side door.

“Come with me.” He said lifting the hood of my raincoat over my head.

“You are crazy.” I smile as I look up at his now bright blue eyes.

“Crazy for you.” He says laughing. That was really cheesy. “I’m sorry, that was lame.” He whispers as we both begin to laugh.

He takes both of my hands and helps me out of the truck. “Now tell me why you brought me here in the pouring rain.” I stated as he stops and stares.

“Because I have important things to tell you.” He said, “But first, I kind of want to kiss you in the rain.”

“We’re making our way through all the clichés today, aren’t we?” I smile as his lips touch mine.

“If that is ok with you.” He says softly, “But there is no rush, I’ll be around for quite a while.”

Shockingly his lips lock with mine just as I push him away. “Wait!” I shouted into the rain. “What did you just say?”

He stares at me with his big blue eyes and a smirk plastered on his face. He didn’t even need to say anything at all. He was going to be ok. He was ok.

“Now can I kiss you please?”

“I suppose.” I press my lips to his as goose bumps moved throughout my body.

I was content.

“I have one more thing to ask of you, Reina.” Liam whispers as he pulls away slowly, looking off into the distance and then back to me.

“Anything.” I say as he stands there nervously.

“Will you-,” He said, “Will you be my, uh, be my girlfriend.” Liam stammers nervously; it was absolutely adorable though, let me tell you.

“Of- of course, Liam!” I said, knocking his soaking wet hat off of his head as I tackle him with a hug.

“I’m yours.” I whispered in between kisses.

“Perfect,” He said resting his forehead against mine, “because I’m yours.”

Now, I was content.