The First Time I Caught A Glimpse of You

Chapter 9

Billie Joe's P.O.V.

A few days later, I saw Sarah at school. She still didn't look happy. I was going to go talk to her, but Eggplant stopped me.

"So B.J., did Sarah get you back yet?" He asked.

"No." I replied. I had forgotten about our little war that we had going on.

"Well, she's right there man. Say something!" He said.

"Nah, she doesn't look like she's feeling well." I said. The truth was that I didn't want to be that way anymore. I was scared she'd end up hating me.

"Aww c'mon man. You've got the perfect chance to beat her." He begged.

"No. Drop it." I replied getting agitated.

"You like her don't you?" He asked.

"No." I lied.

"You do! You are such a fucking liar!" He said.

The truth was I did like her. I liked her a lot. She was all I had thought about lately. Most of the things I had written were about her. I left Eggplant standing there in the middle of the hall. I walked over to Sarah and started talking to her.

"Sarah, I need to talk to you." I said.

"Oh hi Billie. I can't talk now. I'm late for class." She said and started to turn away.

"It's really important." I replied grabbing her wrist.

"Sorry Billie Joe, It'll have to wait until later." She said and walked off.

I went to class after I watched her go to Mrs. Tate's room. I was late as usual. I got into class and my teacher didn't say anything. Once class was about half over, I asked if I could go to the restroom. The teacher nodded so I went outside. Instead of going to the restroom, I walked to Mrs. Tate's room. The door was open. I peeked around the corner. I saw Sarah writing notes. One of the kids saw me and I silently asked them to get Sarah. Sarah looked over, and a look of shock graced her features. She asked what I wanted and I motioned for her to come outside. She raised her hand and asked to go to the restroom. Mrs. Tate agreed; Sarah walked outside the classroom. We walked down the empty hall a little ways before she spoke.

"Billie Joe, what are you doing?!" She asked in a hushed voice.

"I need to tell you something. It's really important." I said equally quiet.

"What is it, Billie?" She asked somewhat annoyed.

"I like you." I said getting nervous.

"I know." She replied quickly before walking back to class.