Hearts on Ice

Snow Days and Wonderlands

The winds carried him higher and higher till he soared above the clouds, the last of the remaining moonlight before the dawn basking everything it touched with a soft, white glow. Smirking to himself, he allowed gravity to bring him back down, the boy yelling loudly with excitement as he made a speedy descent towards the ground. When he grew closer towards the earth below, he changed his trajectory and flew alongside the pavement of the wet damp streets, his smile mischievous as ever as he mused, “I think it's time for a snow day.”

With his long wooden staff in hand, he began to create a new winter wonderland around himself, snow falling gently as he paved the streets with ice and covered the windows with a layer of icy frost. He took pride in his work, the layers of snow piling up and adding a few icicles to the street lamps on the streets, and when the start of a new day came upon him, he watched as people arose to find his snow day.

Kids ran outside and began to play without their parents' consent, and as Jack flew over them, he laughed to himself, “You're welcome.”

Jack explored the town briefly, wanting to see what the neighborhood kids thought of his wonderland before leaving to head off to another town in need of snow. As he was about to leave, a peculiar sight caught his eye.

In the open window of a second story home, a girl with hair as pure as his own stared down – almost longingly – at the sight below. His usual naughty smile and sly personality took over within seconds as he glided towards her on gentle breezes, his hands working their magic as they produced a glittering energy that Jack then blew onto her sapphire orbs.

He smirked to himself as it made contact, her luscious eyelashes batting quickly and her body jerking back slightly in surprise when the energy he created exploded gently on contact. Go enjoy the snow, he thought, but soon his smirk fell from his face, his brow furrowing together as she seemed to shake off his magic.

“What was that?” She asked herself, though disregarded it nonetheless and continued to gaze down below her, refusing to join in the fun of a snow day like her sister and sister's boyfriend, Kristoff.

Jack gently hovered over towards the girl's bed, crossing his legs as he sat down upon it while looking at the young girl curiously. This girl... is definitely something else.

“Guess I'll just have to find out what.”
♠ ♠ ♠
A quick update before I leave for work!

Thanks a TON to KillJoySynner and unapalomayunaflor for their comments! I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it so far!!

Please comment, recommend, and subscribe!