Leaving You?

Emma

I walked into the brightly lit hospital that i had grown more that familiar too. My mom has been coming here for years, but i hadn't stepped foot in here in what seemed like forever. My mom passed away about a year ago, but i had found some unfinished business to attend too in the last few days.

As I walked through the vacant halls of my distant past, my mothers faced appeared everywhere. The largest lump i had ever felt built up in my throat. I was almost gasping for air, but my composure held true to my exterior.

I was here to claim my mothers will. Her last gift to me. The hospital called, telling my they found it recently, and that they were sorry for the mishap. I wasn't really concerned about the wait. I was just glad to have a piece of her.

When my mother died, my father was devastated. He hardly speaks anymore. He doesn't answer phone calls, and only leaves the house when he has too. I'm the only one to take care of him anymore. I couldn't bare to tell him the hospital even called, because I knew it would tear him apart yet again. SO i decided to handle this on my own.

I reached the hospital desk that looked so firmilar, and felt so much like home that it sent a shiver down my spine.

"May I help you?" a young voice said, unfamiliar, but beautiful, like a small hum from heaven. I was flabbergasted by the purity in her voice.

"Miss?" she questioned, as i had refused to answer.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I'm Emma, I'm here to pick up my mother's will."

Her eyes were even more heavenly than her voice. Crystal clear, and enchanting. Her skin was the color of silk, and her hair chocolate brown. She was the opitamy of beauty.

I looked away from her, when i thought i had stared to long.

"Ah, yes, you're Emma?"

"Yes, mama"

"Rebecca." she replied with a breathtaking smile.

I then realized why i thought she wasso beautiful, she looked almost exactly like my mother had at that age. Exactly like the picture that sat at my bedside. It made a sharp chill rush through my spine once again.

"Rebecca." i repeated, my voice a bit shaky.

"Follow me, hun."

She stood up from her desk, and walked around and urged me to follow her down the hall. We walked, our shoes squeaking against the white floor. She didn't speak, and i just followed. She turned down a hall, and walked up to another familiar desk.

"Marge, i need the file, for Emma."

A small older woman fidgeted in her desk, and pulled out a large envelope.

"Here ya go, sweetie."

"Thank you."

Marge smiled, she seemed to be just as enchanted by Rebecca as i was.

"Here you go, sorry for the misunderstanding."

She handed me the envelope, and headed back to her desk, i followed. When she took her seat, she called me back over.

"We also found something else, in your mothers room. I feel just awful that they didn't find it sooner, but then again, i don't know what it is, but it was addressed to you."

she handed me three small opal colored envelopes, that were fat, and almost popping open. I grasped them, nervous to even think what they might contain.

"Thank you."

"Sorry again for the misunderstanding."

"It's fine, thank you."

She smiled as i walked away, begging to get out of this familiar place.
♠ ♠ ♠
the chapters are divided between Emma and Aiden. Emma chapters are obviously in her POV and Aiden one in his POV.