Status: Thank you for reading my story! Please let me know what you think about it.

Save Me from Myself

It all started in the rain

By the time I arrived in Mystic Falls it was already night. I was half asleep when I heard the bus driver saying that I had finally reached my destination. I looked at my cell phone to check the time and I couldn’t believe that it was 2 AM. I grabbed my backpack and my suitcase while trying to find my umbrella. It was raining heavily and the cold wind made me shiver as soon as I got off the bus. Luckily, my new apartment was close to the bus station, so I didn't have to look for a cab.
Only when I started walking to my new place with a suitcase in my right hand, an umbrella in my left hand and a backpack, I realized how tired I was. After only 5 minutes of walking in the rain I felt like I had been walking for ages. 'Everything is fine, Maddy, you'll get home in a few minutes. Two more streets to cross and you're there.' I thought to myself, trying to feel better.
It was the first time when I came to Mystic Falls, but I already knew how to get to my new apartment, all thanks to Google Earth. 'They deserve a big like on Facebook.' I thought to myself while I was crossing the street. Suddenly, a car came out of nowhere and splashed me from head-to-toe.
Then the driver, a guy about my age, shouted at me: "Are you blind?" and then he started to laugh sarcastically.
"Not blinder than you, asshole!" I shouted back and then I continued to walk.
"Do you need a ride?" he asked me as he really meant it.
"No, just try not to kill anyone tonight." I replied and then I completely ignored him. I was angry, tired and frustrated and all I wanted was not to hear that guy's voice anymore.
In less than 5 minutes I finally managed to get to the building and the biggest challenge was to climb up the stairs with that heavy suitcase, since my apartment was at the 2nd floor and the building had no elevator. Or at least I thought so until I had to search for the key to open the door to my new home. The owner had left it inside a flowerpot near the door and I had to get my hand all muddy to find it. When I finally found the damn key, I unlocked the door and stepped into the hallway where I left my luggage, then checked the entire place.
I was relieved when I discovered that everything looked exactly like in the pictures that I saw on the internet. 'I surely look like a pig that puddles all day in the mud.' I thought to myself as I stepped into the bathroom. I was even afraid to look in the mirror. I removed all my clothes and then stepped into the shower. The hot water felt so good on my cold body. When I finished washing my hair and my body I felt like human again.
I put the dirty clothes in the washing machine, but I didn't turn it on. Then I unpacked a few clothes for the next day and I went to the bedroom. My hair was wet, but I didn't care anymore. All I wanted was to take a long nap and forget about everything that happened that night. I set the alarm on my cell phone for 8 AM, switched off the light and finally went to bed. I had to be in shape for my first day at work.
I was going to be a choreographer at Mystic Falls High School. Since middle school I had been very passionate about cheerleading and that's why I continued to take dance courses during high school and college. I was going to work part-time, helping the girls with their dance routine. I was very happy about this job, especially because I was going to do something that I trully enjoyed.
I fell asleep thinking about how I was going to help my new students to win every cheerleading competition and how much I was going to enjoy my new life.