Status: Updated As Much As Possible

Daddy and the Nanny

30: Melodie

A couple days later not only was it the fourth of July but it was also Dylan’s birthday. Alex and Jack were busy setting up for Dylan’s birthday party which would only be for the family and close friends.

“It’s my birthday!” Dylan sung throughout the house as he skipped happily.

“Yeah yeah, we know.” Alex mumbled as he rolled his eyes tiredly.

“Ali, be nice.” Tyler teased the man with a smirk as he set some grocery bags on the kitchen counter.

“Did you guys get all the things?” Alex asked as he peeked inside the bag.

“Yep. Dad dropped us off so he could go and pick up our uncle Joe from the airport.”

“Alright. Zack should be over soon to help out and you kids need to get ready.” Alex told them as he checked the time. “Crap, it’s getting late.”

“Chill, everything will be fine.” Tyler assured.

“Leave it to your dad to make me get everything ready on time. I’m never on time so what are the chances that I’ll get done on time? Very little. Like oh my gosh I’m rambling again.”

“Alex, sweetie, you need to calm down.” Grace told him as she told Ty to go search for his siblings.

“Yeah I know, sorry.” Alex mumbled, taking in a few deep breaths. “Okay.”

Two hours later and people were starting to arrive, Dylan greeting them all happily. Jack’s family was already there, Alex’s parents and brother and a few other friends plus some of Jack’s cousins. Alex never really got along with the three cousins he has so he didn’t even invite them.

“Happy birthday, baby!” Alex’s mom greeted the now four yelled who was resting comfortably on Alex’s right hip.

“Thank you grandma!” Dylan grinned.

“And how old are you today?” Alex’s dad asked him with a warm smile.

“I’m this many!” Dylan cheered as he held up four tiny fingers.

“My you’re getting so big now.”

“Uh huh!”

“Hi guys.” Alex smiled at his parents, trying to set Dylan down on the ground but the child simply held onto his neck tightly. “Okay, you can stay here.”

“Hi sweetie. Everything okay?”

“Perfectly fine mom. Jack’s mom has been looking for you though, said she can’t wait to show you something.”

“Then I better go find her then.” Isobel smiled and kissed her son and grandson’s cheeks before leaving.

Alex’s dad followed her towards the table where Jack’s parents were sitting with May and Joe. Jack walked up to his boyfriend and the birthday boy, kissing their heads with a smile.

“Shouldn’t you be working the grill?” Alex asked his boyfriend with a smirk.

“I should be, but Zack took over. Wants to show off to his new lady.”

Alex chuckled and they walked back over to Zack who was in fact showing off to his new girlfriend who wasn’t even paying attention to him and instead talking with Cassadee.

“Hello Mr Chef.” Alex greeted his friend who turned to glare at him. “Not my fault she’s not looking at you, muscles.”

Dylan giggled, catching the girls’ attention who aww’d at the little boy still resting on Alex’s hip. Dylan simply hid his blushing face in Alex’s neck and giggled quietly.

“Aren’t you a little big to still be carried?” Zack teased the boy.

“Nope.” Dylan argued.

“He’ll always be my little boy. Forever and ever.” Alex spoke as he pressed his lips to Dylan’s left cheek.

“Do you guys plan on having more?” Jessica, Zack’s girlfriend asks curiously with a smile as she watches Alex interact with Dylan and even though she knows that Jack’s kids aren’t biologically Alex’s, she knows that Alex is a great dad from what she’s seen so far all day.

“Eventually yeah. In two or three years from now.” Jack replied, arm wrapped around Alex’s waist securely.

“That long? What are you going to do then?” Cass asked her friends.

“Well I actually got a job offer at my dad’s company and I’ll be on trial for a few weeks. It’s a pretty big position.” Alex spoke nervously.

“We talked about this, love, and you’ll do great.” Jack encouraged his lover, kissing his temple.

“So you’re not going back to college then?”

“Nope. Well if I do get the job, which my dad practically guaranteed I would and not because I’m his son, then I won’t go. If I don’t get the job then maybe I’ll think about going back.” Alex answered, setting Dylan down and watching him run off towards Taylor who was playing with one of their cousins.

The afternoon progressed quickly. Between jokes and eating a lot of food, they were all having a great time. Dylan kept going from people to people, talking excitedly to them until eventually Jack and Rian both arrived with the birthday cake, which of course, was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles themed.

“Dylan, your cake is here!” Taylor yelled excitedly.

“Yay!” Dylan cried as he ran up to the table where Alex helped him up on a chair to better see his cake. “I love it!”

“Glad you did, kiddo.” Jack smiled at his kid as he handed Alex the knife carefully and May grabbed some plates.

“Happy birthday to you-” They all start singing happily to the little boy who’s blushing a bit at all the attention he’s getting as people take pictures and Joyce records on her phone.

“Happy birthday, dude.” Alex tells Dylan, leaning down to hug him tightly.

“Thank you, daddy.” Dylan giggled, kissing Alex’s cheek.

“Kids, come get some cake!” May shouts at the other children who had run off again after they’d sang happy birthday.

“Why are you so loud?” Jack asks his sister as he winces in pain and covers his poor ear.

“Oops.” May replied sarcastically with a laugh.

“Like you’re not loud.” Alex scoffed as he cut a piece of cake for Dylan. “It’s like you have a megaphone when you talk.”

“Lex.” Jack whined as Jack’s parents laugh and Joyce and Isobel both help with handing out the cake.

Alex rolled his eyes and handed a piece of cake to Shane who ruffled Dylan’s hair before leaving with Tyler after he’d gotten his piece as well. Alex took a seat next to Rian and Cass, Dylan following and sitting on his lap struggling a bit with his cake until he asked for his ex-nanny to help him.

“I’m so tired.” Alex moans out.

“You look tired.” Cassadee spoke up.

“Been up since five and went to bed at one because this child had a bit too much sugar yesterday.”

Dylan simply giggled as he looked at the married couple in front of him who laughed at the child.

“You’re so cute.” Cass cooed as she pinched Dylan’s left cheek.

“You won’t think your kid is cute when he won’t let you sleep.” Alex mumbled.

“That’s why we’ll hire you as the baby’s unofficial nanny.” Rian commented.

“You’re funny, but I’m not starting a preschool.”

Dylan ran off to go play and Alex watched him for a few seconds before finishing the rest of the cake.

~~xxx~~~

“Jack, just fucking stop.” Alex growled angrily as they headed into their bedroom.

“We need to talk about this, Alexander. When the fuck were you going to tell me?” Jack hissed as he shut the door.

“Never because I don’t want to talk about it ever again. Now drop it.” Alex whispered, tears shining his eyes and Jack’s expression softened as he pulled his boyfriend into his arms.

“Babe, I know it’s a sensitive topic for you, but we need to be honest with each other if we want to make this relationship work. I shouldn’t have to have found out by your mom accidentally telling me about your unborn child.”

“I know Jack, but I’ve locked that part of my life so deep inside of me that sometimes I even forgot about it. It’s been three years since that, I really didn’t want to relive my past with Jason all over again.” Alex cried into Jack’s shoulder, tears pouring over his eyes as he gasped for air.

“Shh, Lex. I’m sorry yeah? I’m so sorry, baby.”

Alex continued to cry as Jack sat on the bed with Alex on his lap and clinging to him tightly. Jack hummed as he rocked the younger boy, eyes shut tightly as he tried swallowing the lump growing in his throat. Jack really didn’t want to think about that baby that his boyfriend lost. That child that would be around Dylan’s age today. Just thinking about it caused Jack’s chest to hurt and tears to sting his eyes.

“It wasn’t even a miscarriage.” Alex whispered an hour later once they were both settle under the covers and after Jack had checked on the sleeping children before calling it a night.

“I-It wasn’t?” Jack asked in surprise, the pain in his chest intensifying at this new bit of information.

“No. Sh-She was only three months old, Jack. She was born two months early and her lungs weren’t strong.” Alex took a small pause as he took in a shuddering breath. “She stayed in the hospital for two months and after she got out, I only had her for one in my arms. The doctor said that as she grew up, she’d most likely have trouble breathing but I never knew she would actually stop breathing one night.”

“Did Jason actually love her though?” Jack just had to ask what had been itching at his skin for the past hour now.

“He did. I mean, he didn’t want her the moment we knew we were expecting, but after she was born and he saw how small and fragile she was, he fell in love. After she died, he changed a lot. He became what he is now. Abusive, hard.”

“What was her name?” Jack asked quietly.

“Melodie. I-I miss her so much.” Alex began to cry again, letting Jack hold him tightly and rub his back.

“Shh babe. I know this is hard, but it’s also good that you get this all off of your chest.”

Alex simply nodded and hiccuped, wiping away his tears.

“I have a few pictures at my mom’s house in my old room. Locked in my closet along with the only stuffed animal I ever gave her.”

“Maybe it’s time you stopped neglecting that part of your life, love. I think you should bring her pictures and have them close to you. I’m sure that wherever she is she’s looking out for you and she’s probably sad that you basically forget you had a daughter for the last three years.”

“I-I know. C-Can we go tomorrow?” Alex asked his boyfriend timidly.

“Of course we can, baby. Just don’t forget about her again.”

After Alex fell asleep, Jack just laid wide awake for an hour holding his boyfriend. Everything Alex had said was still echoing in his head. The pain of losing your baby that soon haunting his brain. Thinking about Melodie and how she’d be around Dylan’s age really brought in how painful it must be for Alex to be around him.

"I love you, babe." Jack whispered before falling asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it's so sad ;-;
anyways, i didn't go to school today bc I was sick + 4 day weekend!!!