Status: Updated As Much As Possible

Daddy and the Nanny

36: The Engagement (Plans)

(Three months later; December)

"May, I need your advice," Jack spoke as he looked at his sister pleadingly one early December day, both sitting at a small cafe.

"About?" May asked as she took a sip of her coffee.

"I want to propose to Alex, but his birthday is in a few days and I was thinking about proposing then, but then Christmas is a few weeks after that and I was thinking that could be a great gift as well."

May sighed as she looked at her distressed brother. On the inside she was excited about the news, but on the outside she looked neutral.

"Well, what do you want to do? It would make a great birthday present, but also a great Christmas present, though that’s a bit cliche for you to propose on Christmas,” May responded as she saw Zack walk in with his girlfriend. “Ask Zack, he’s coming over.”

“Hey guys!” Zack greeted as he held his girlfriend’s hand.

“Hey,” Both May and Jack greeted back.

“Zack, my best friend, my cousin, I need your advice,” Jack spoke as they both pulled up chairs and sat next to the Barakats.

“Alright, what for?” Zack questioned.

“I want to propose to Alex, but I’m stuck between doing it on his birthday or Christmas. What do you think?”

“Hmm, how about neither. Do it on New Year’s, when he would least expect it,” Zack suggested.

“That’s… not a bad idea, actually.”

“You can do it either as the clock strikes twelve on the new year or after,” Zack’s girlfriend added to the conversation.

“You guys are amazing,” Jack beamed excitedly.

“We know.”

~~~

When Jack got home an hour before dinner, he found Alex lying near the fireplace with Dylan curled up next to him, both fast asleep. Jack couldn’t help but take a picture of the two and upload it to his facebook with the caption, ”My family is finally complete this holiday season.”

Jack made his way over to them and laid down on Alex’s free side, wrapping a long arm around both boys.

“Did you just get here?” Alex speaks up, startling Jack a bit.

“Yeah, weren’t you sleeping?” Jack asked as Alex’s warm honey eyes looked at him lovingly.

“Not really. Just waiting for your mom to bring back the kids.”

“Why didn’t Dylan go?”

“He’s been clinging to me all day,” Alex yawned.

Jack looked over at his youngest child who was sleeping peacefully with a tight hold on Alex’s t-shirt.

“We should wake him up, otherwise he won’t sleep tonight,” Jack said as he ran a hand through Dylan’s hair.

“Hey bunny, it’s time to wake up,” Alex cooed softly as Jack tapped the child’s cheek a few times to wake him up.

“I wanna sleep, though,” Dylan whined as he moved to lay down on Alex’s chest, looking at both men pleadingly.

“No can do sweetheart, it’s dinner time,” Jack said as he moved onto his side to better look at Alex and Dylan.

“Aww, look at the beautiful family,” Joyce’s voice rang out from the living room’s entrance.

“Hey mom,” Jack sighed as he sat up and pulled Dylan onto his lap so Alex could stand up.

“Hi Joyce,” Alex smiled.

“At least somebody’s happy to see me,” Joyce spoke, making both Tyler and Taylor giggle as they appeared without their winter stuff.

“Are you staying for dinner mom?”

“Can't tonight, your father’s taking me out.”

Jack nodded and walked with his mom to the door after settling Dylan on the couch.

“Did you kids have fun with grandma?” Alex asked as they headed towards the kitchen to help Grace set the table.

“Yep!” Taylor giggled.

“Daddy!” Dylan cried as he ran up to Alex, clutching the man’s leg with both hands tightly.

“Why are you being such a baby today?” Alex asked as he picked up the child and placed him on his hip.

Jack caught up to them and set the table with the help of the kids.

“Bunny, can you sit in your own seat for dinner? We can cuddle and watch a movie after, yeah?” Alex cooed.

“Pinky promise, daddy?” Dylan asked as he held out his tiny pinky.

“Promise bunny,” Alex assured as he connected their pinkies together.

“Okay.” Dylan pouted as Alex set him down.

~~~

“J-Jack,” Alex moaned out.

“Yeah, babe?” Jack whispered as he kept teasing the younger male.

“F-Fuck me.”

“You sure?”

Alex nodded as he looked at Jack in the dimly lit room. Jack smiled as he kissed his boyfriend softly and finally pushed his index finger inside of Alex slowly. Alex winced in pain as he focused on Jack’s lips. They pulled away as Jack grabbed the bottle of lube and placed more on his fingers and Alex’s entrance.

~~~ sorry, not today

In the morning, Jack woke up first and smiled when he found Alex still asleep and tangled in the sheets. Jack moved closer to him and pulled Alex closer to his body.

“Morning,” Alex mumbled, grabbing Jack’s arm and wrapping it around himself.

“Morning babe. Are you too sore?” Jack asked as he kissed his boyfriend’s bare shoulder.

“Just a little.”

“Daddy!” Dylan cried from the hallway and Tyler’s voice followed, shushing the child.

“We should probably get up now,” Jack groaned as he sat up.

Alex whined at the loss of contact but sat up as well. Both headed into the bathroom to take a shower and then quickly got ready for the last day of their weekend.

“I thought you guys were dead,” May commented as the couple walked into the dining room.

“Funny. Why are you always at our house? Like, don’t you have a husband?” Jack questioned his sister as he took his usual spot with Alex sitting to his left.

“Jack, be nice,” Alex told his boyfriend.

“Yeah, Jackie, be nice.”

Jack simply glared at his sister and their normal breakfast routine passed by. Later that day however, Jack decided it was time to set up the Christmas tree. He was amused when he noticed Alex was just as excited as the kids were.

“Kids, and Alex, our mission has been accomplished!” Jack cheered as they stepped back to look at their newly decorated Christmas tree.

“Yay!” The kids cried happily while Alex wrapped his arms around Jack’s waist.

“This is going to be an amazing Christmas,” Alex whispered happily as he looked at Jack.

“It truly will be.”

“Daddy, can we get that bunny now?!” Dylan asked excitedly as he walked up to the couple.

“Babe, we’re still thinking about it. You know taking care of something so small and innocent is a lot of hard work,” Alex said.

“Just like a baby,” Jack whispered in Alex’s ear softly.

Alex simply rolled his eyes and elbowed his boyfriend in the ribs, his attention still focused on Dylan who was now pouting.

“Bunnies are stupid, why can’t we get a dog?” Tyler asked as he sat on the couch.

“They’re not stupid, they just don’t do much.”

“They are too stupid,” Tyler argued and Dylan gasped dramatically as he turned to glare at his older brother.

“You’re stupid!” Dylan shouted angrily and Alex looked at Jack who was looking at the two with amusement while Taylor simply looked bored.

“Can you guys not? Ty, bunnies are not stupid and you, mister, your brother is not stupid,” Alex scolded.

Dylan stomped angrily and Jack simply picked up his youngest child and carried him out of the room. Tyler sat on the couch glaring at the tree as Taylor sat down on the ground to fix a few ornaments.

~ ~ ~

“I’m sleeping in my old room,” Alex huffed out angrily as he marched out of his and Jack’s room.

“Alex, seriously, don’t be like that,” Jack called after him, but made no move to follow his angry boyfriend.

The fight had started as something insignificant, but had quickly escalated due to Alex’s stubbornness and Jack’s bad temper. They didn’t fight much, in fact, this was their first big fight in months.

Sighing tiredly, Alex closed his bedroom door and undid his bed before getting under the covers and just laying on his back. Thoughts ran through his head as he shut off the lights and focused on his breathing and controlling his erratic heartbeat.

“Daddy?” A timid voice startled Alex out of his thoughts, noticing his bedroom door open just a crack and Tyler’s form from the doorway.

“Yeah, bud?” Alex answered as he turned on the light. “What are you doing up?”

“I can’t sleep. Why are you here? Did you and dad get into a fight?” Ty asked as he closed the door and climbed on the bed, getting under the covers and cuddling into Alex’s side.

“I just couldn’t sleep and didn’t want to bother your father with all my tossing and turning so I came here,” Alex lied.

“Liar, but you don’t have to tell me anything.”

Alex smiled and the light was turned off again as he and Ty fell into a deep slumber.

In the morning, Jack walked into Alex’s old room and smiled softly, leaning down to place a kiss on Alex and Ty’s head.

“Love you boys,” Jack whispered before leaving.
♠ ♠ ♠
Guys, I freaking graduate from high school tomorrow. I went to rehearsals today and I just can't. I'm like so excited yet so nervous and sad. Ugh, so many emotions bruh!!

Anyways, it's Christmas because I've been in the Christmas mood since January so deal with it. And Jack's proposing soon *-*