Status: I know that im bad at summeries but please give this story a shot! It may seem a little confusing in the begining but if anyone has any questions whatsoever feel free to ask away! Enjoy the story!

A Song of Change

Chapter 23 Girl Talk

Chapter 23
Girl Talk:
When I arrived at school I noticed one seat was not filled anymore. I looked around and realised that Theresa wasn't here anymore, she had been coupled today. "I'm sure you girls already noticed this but Theresa is not here today," Mrs. Waters said her eyes bright and cheerful, "Theresa has been coupled, therefore she is done with her training and education," she finished, clapping her hands together in excitement.
"Now I know how stressful all of this can be so these last couple of days you are going to be free to do what you want in here. We can talk about all of this and please feel free to ask me any questions you have. None of you should ever be afraid," Mrs. Waters finished before heading back to her desk at the front of the room.
I turned in my seat to look at Lucille but she had already gotten out of her seat and was heading toward me. Her face was bright and happy and a full smile played at her lips. "Thank you so much Annabell," she said when she arrived in front of my desk. "For what?" I asked as I stood up next to her. I couldn't remember doing anything that would need her thanks.
She shook her head and laughed before bringing her arms around me in a gentle hug. "For everything. You helped me to not be so afraid of everything. You were kind to me and didn't treat me like a small child but as a friend," she then pulled back to look at me, "You also introduced me to Ethan." She looked down as she said his name, playing with her hands.
There was a faint blush to her cheeks when she looked back at me. "It was nothing, I mean that's what friends do right?" I asked smiling back at her. She nodded her head smiling back as she did so. "Now I'm guessing you like Ethan?" I said with my eyebrows raised and a dark red came across her face.
"I um… well he is…uh," she sputtered taken by surprise. I laughed at her, her blush spreading from her face to her ears and neck. "Hey, its alright to like him," I said trying to stop my laughter, "He is kinda cute," I said nudging her shoulder. Lucille then stopped worrying and laughed along with me.
She nodded her head in agreement, "He is really cute. His eyes are so blue, its almost like the night sky. Did you see them?" she asked excitedly. I nodded at her, his eyes were one of the first features I noticed about him.
She talked on and on about Ethan and everything that they had talked about. I listened to every word, happy that she had finally let herself be open with what she wanted and that she was able to talk without any hesitation. When she was done she just let out a sigh and closed her eyes, no doubt thinking of a dark haired, blue eyed boy. "Hey Annabell?" Lucille asked after she had opened her eyes.
"Hmm?" I asked feeling tired all of a sudden. "Did you meet anyone that you really liked?" She asked, her blue eyes shining expectantly. I tilted my head back and stared at the ceiling as I thought for a moment. Should I tell Lucille about Julian? She would understand right? I could just avoid it but she would never do anything against me, right?
"Well," I said still staring up at the ceiling, "there was one boy. His name is Julian," I said, deciding to only tell her part of it. "Oh which of the boys was that?" She asked eagerly. "He has wavy light blonde hair and the most beautiful grey eyes I have ever seen," I finished looking back down at her.
She had a knowing look in her eyes and a gentle smile on her face. "Oh Annabell, this just has to work! It would be impossible for you to not be together," she said jumping excitedly. I laughed again and soon she had joined me, "I hope so Lucille, I really do."
All of a sudden Mrs. Waters spoke up, "Its time to go home girls. I'll see you tomorrow and I hope I'll get to see you again Annabell," she looked at me as she said the last part. Lucille and I walked towards the door together saying hurried goodbyes. We hugged and I whispered one last thing to Lucille before we broke apart, "You and Ethan will be together." She nodded her head, "and you too," she said smiling at me before turning and walking away.
I turned on my heal and made my way home for the last time. I walked slowly today, taking in every moment. This would be the last time I ever walked down this road and it may even be the last time I saw those girls.
I would miss Lucille's sweet and innocent banter. Mrs. Waters' cheerful and contagious demeanour. Carter's brave and confident behavior. Monica's bright and kind voice. And Theresa's intelligent and helpful answers. All of them had there own way of doing things and all of them were a big part in my life, helping to make me who I am without even realising it.
I made my way into the old Greene house and sat down on the couch to wait for Julian. He was there shortly and he took a seat next to me, holding my hand in his own. I leaned over and rested my head on his shoulder closing my eyes as I did so.
"Julian I can't stay here very long today," I said nuzzling even closer to him. He placed his arm around me, drawing lazy circles on my arm, "I know," he said taking in a deep breath before letting it out. "I love you Julian," I said opening my eyes again.
"I love you Annabell," he said before placing a gentle kiss on my forehead, "I will be the one waiting for you tomorrow, you know that right?" He asked tightening his grip on me as if I would leave. "I know that," I sat up slowly and hugged him. Before I pulled back I placed my lips against his in a kiss brining my hands into his soft hair. His hands rested on my hips, holding me against him.
Julian then pulled back, resting his forehead against mine. "I'll see you tomorrow," I said holding my pinky out to him. "Yes, I'll see you tomorrow," Julian replied wrapping his pinky around mine. I kissed his cheek before backing up and exiting the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so I'm sorry about that authors note saying I was going to quit with Mibba, I was just really stressed out and was and still am a little frustrated with this story. I don't mean to come off winy, I really don't, but please please please let me know what you guys are thinking with this story. I need to know if it even is any good so that if it isn't I can fix it and not be a crapy writer. Please and thank you to all of you who are reading this just let me know.
-Haybell