Status: This is a work in progress, some content is still being perfected, so bear with me! Thanks!! <3

Dream Catcher: The Exile

Dream Catcher: The Exile ~ Prologue

Prologue

You know when you’re asleep, and the subconscious of your mind paints brilliant pictures and events in your head? They might be scary, or indescribable. Some cut short, and others spanning over multiple nights and you are left wondering what causes these things to happen. Well, these things are my job- or they will be when I take over my parent’s job after they retire.

I am a Dream Catcher, and my name is Ebony Twilight. Despite what you think- I am not a circular ornament rounded with taut strings and speckled with beads. No, I am actually not much different than any normal human if you don’t count my abilities and amazing eyes.

So you might be wondering what exactly this all means and where I am going with this. First of all, I am not human, but I can look like one. I am part of an ancient race that has always lived among humans during the night. During the day we retreat to our realm in the third dimension where we attend school and train for our future. We are a part of keeping peace on the Earth. We own the night- putting people to sleep and entertaining their minds to distract them from the horrors of their world. We are a part of a Tri-Realm. There are the Cloud Runners, sometimes referred to as the Sky Runners because they are the top power in the Tri-Realm. Then there’s us, the Dream Catchers- the middle class. And finally, there are the Earth Benders. I don’t know much about the other realms other than what they do and control. But that isn’t important right now. The reason I am telling this to you is because you are about to read a story that might get a bit confusing about myself, but mostly about someone very dangerous from my realm and his family. Shadow Grimm- my best friend- is what Parliament, our government, calls a Black Blood. A demon in a world of colorful beings. But, he isn’t really a demon. He just has extra abilities and his bloodline is older than our realm can really trace.

I’m sorry if this is confusing, I really am, but there is so much messed up with our realm that I don’t have time to explain. So, here is my friend’s story, be prepared for a ride through dimensions you never knew existed, and horrors you never knew about. Welcome to the world of the Dream Catchers.