A New Beginning

The Windy City

“Layla, get up babe!” Jimmy whispered excitedly.

“Gah, Jimmy, I just want to sleep some more.” I whined. Sleep was precious on this tour and it didn’t help that we were up till 3:30 am doing absolutely nothing.

“Come on, we’re in Chicago.” He said in his excited mood.

“Big deal let me sleep a bit more and then maybe I’ll share your happiness.” I demanded in my slightly conscious state of being.

“No, you’re getting up now!” he yelled hysterically before he ripped the sheets from my body.

The chilly morning air nipped at my bare skin. Why did I have to sleep in just my underwear? Just to prove how tired I was I didn’t even bother covering myself up when my stupid husband threw the bunk curtain open. Zacky let out an obnoxious wolf whistle since he could see right into our bunk from his, which was right across the aisle. I smiled a bit when Jimmy closed the curtain again and I soon began to fall back to sleep.

“Please get up my oh so beautiful and darling wife who will be a terrific mother to out lovely children?” Jimmy asked in a sickeningly sweet voice.

“Fine, I’ll get up. But just for your information, I not ready to shove a few bowling balls out of my vagina.” I stated grumpily.

“I knew I loved you for a reason.” He responded making me laugh.

While I was getting dressed Jimmy explained that he wanted to take me sightseeing before their show tonight. I had to admit, I was excited that I actually got a chance to see a city while on tour. Usually it’s just the venue, bus, and a nearby bar. I don’t really count Las Vegas into the mix because I don’t really remember any of it. Slipping on a pair of skinny jeans and my Shinedown shirt I declared myself presentable to the world.

“Jimmy, I’m ready.” I called from the back where I was tying the laces to my purple high top Converse. Hearing nothing in response I walked up front and all I found was Matt sitting on the couch with his shoes and jacket on. “Where’s Jimmy?” I asked with a confused look on my face.

“Right, Jimmy…” Matt said hesitantly, “He just got an urgent call and had to leave to fix things. I was the only one up so he told me to take you out.”

I felt bad because it clearly showed on my face that I was upset. It’s not that I hated Matt; there were only a few reasons why I wasn’t happy. Reason one, he wasn’t Jimmy and reason two, I haven’t really spent alone time with Matt since Jimmy exploded on him. Matt frowned as he studied my face but soon replaced it with a smile.

“Look, I know that I’m not Lurch, but we can still have a fun time. I stole your brother’s wallet from his pants.” He said as he tossed me my brother’s brown leather wallet.

Not that money makes me happy, but when my brother unknowingly buys me things I begin to perk up. I forced a cheery grin on my face and linked arms with Matt and let him escort me off the bus. It was very convenient that the bus driver was parked along Michigan Avenue, better known to the world as the Magnificent Mile. This stretch of primo restaurants and hotels was best known for its fantastic shopping. It almost pained me that Johnny’s wallet was going to be the recipient of all my anger. Hey, I was pissed that Jimmy woke me up and now he wasn’t even here. Armed with an endless supply of money and a walking bag carrier, Matt, I stepped into the first store with determination in my eyes.

“I take no mercy.” I growled under my breath which earned a slight whimper from Matt.

We made our way into Chanel, Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Saks Fifth Avenue, Hermes, Ralph Lauren, Burberry, Tiffany’s, and my favorite, La Perla. Let’s just say that I bought Jimmy a few articles of clothing there. A few hours later and many purchases later, Matt and I found ourselves at the Navy Pier. Johnny’s credit card had some minor scratches on it but it seemed to be in better condition than Matt.

“Jesus Christ you can shop.” He huffed as he dropped all my bags to the ground.

“Well you’re such a trooper M. Shadows. Nothing makes a boy into a man like carrying around a lady’s shopping bags.” I said with a smirk.

“How does Jimmy live like this?” he asked as he starred up at me in mock horror.

“The sex.” I said bluntly. “Here, let me make it up to you Matt. I’m going to get you a corn dog and then we are going to take a relaxing ride on that ginormous Ferris wheel.”

Matt’s mood definitely perked up after he got some food in his system and a nice view of the city. We also spotted the hotel that Jimmy booked for us sometime back, the Omni Hotel. It looked pretty fancy in my opinion. Nothing like the hotels they usually got. Stepping off the Ferris wheel Matt decided to hail a cab because there was no way he was going to lug my stuff back to the bus. It took a good few shoves and a swift kick in the ass but I finally managed to get Matt through the door with all of my bags. He dumped them in my and Jimmy’s bunk and came back to the front.

“Are the other’s back there?” I asked.

He shook his head which worried me. Where were they? They still had a few hours until they needed to be at the venue. I knew I was just being a worry wart so I decided to unload my new purchases. The new style of Chanel sunglasses was the last thing to be unpacked and when I put them in my purse I realized that I had only killed half an hour. Sighing heavily went to the front where Matt was plopped on the couch watching television.

“Matt,” I whined loudly, “I’m bored.”

“Then take a fucking nap.” He responded grumpily.

I did as I was told and sluggishly rolled into the bunk where I soon found how tired I was. In no time at all I fell into a dreamless sleep. What felt like a minute later someone began shaking me violently trying to get me to wake up.

“I’m up already so stop trying to give me Shaking Baby Syndrome.” I yelled.

“Sorry Layla.” Matt chuckled. “I was ordered to wake you because the cab is outside ready to take us to the venue.”

Nodding at Matt I swung my legs over the side of the bunk and grabbed my purse, which was basically all I needed. I went down the steps and hopped in the back of the yellow cab while Matt punched in the security code which locked the door. The need to see Jimmy was overwhelming right now so I decided to run through the back halls until I found him. Luck just wasn’t on my side at the moment and Jimmy was nowhere to be found. How hard is it for him to find a decent hiding place anyway? The brisk jog I had kept up now slowed down to a sad trudge. He was like my drug now. I needed my Jimmy fix. Walking back to Avenged Sevenfold’s room it seemed like everybody and their cousin was there except for Jimmy. A solitary chair sat unattended in the corner and I sat in it. Hoping that Jimmy’s phone was turned on I decided to call and see where he was at.

Layla, you got me on my knees,
Layla, I’m begging darling please,
Layla, won’t you ease my worried mind


The muffled ringtone of his phone was coming from the couch next to me and all it took was one look under the seat cushion to find it. I just gave up right there and just took my Zune out of my purse and popped the ear buds in. The Offspring pounded my eardrums and helped to fix my bad mood. I earned a few looks from other people in the room but the proverbial black rain cloud above my head stopped them from approaching me. Johnny was the only one to cast a glance at me before they left to get onstage. The weird behavior from the whole band and crew was pissing me off. It’s like knowing when you are being purposely let out of something. I got my phone out and texted Lexi and sat there watching my phone until she responded. Twenty minutes of staring at a blank screen finally wore me down so I had to throw my phone back into my purse. I managed to spend the next ten minutes watching a fly buzz around the room. It really was entertaining. A few muffled voices coming from behind the main door caught my attention. Pete, another guy from Zacky’s VU crew, waltzed in and began whistling a happy tune. A perfect way of telling someone that they were up to no good.

“Can I help you Pete?” I asked reluctantly.

“Yes, you can.” He said with a sinister smile. “You can help by not putting up a fight.”

In an instant he pounced on me and was able to stuff, but what else, but a Vengeance University bandana in my mouth and drag me out of the door. He had a quick pace which made me struggle a bit. I knew that screaming would do nothing because the walls were so thick no one could hear me and anybody who would have been around was watching the A7X set. He pushed me out a door which led to the back alley of the venue where a white, unmarked van waited. More VU guys jumped out and opened the doors while others bound my hands and ankles.

“We were told to do this sweetheart.” Pete said gloomily as he tied a blindfold around my head, darkening my world.

The point where I officially gave up was when they closed the doors after putting me in the back of the van. I was glad to see that the ride was only a few minutes long and that they were taking me out again. A nice warm smell filled my nostrils as they carried me into a new building. I knew they were taking me on an elevator because of the dings and the crappy music. The elevator came to a stop and they whisked me away yet again. Their footsteps were silenced by carpet so we must be in a weird building. They turned off into another room and closed the door behind them. I felt the bindings on my hands and ankles come off and soon someone ungagged me.

“What the fuck is this all about? Tell me right fucking now!” I growled.

“Sorry sweetheart, we can’t. Orders from a higher power.” Someone said.

“Ok, stop calling me sweetheart and take this blindfold off of me this instant.”

“No can do. It’s a surprise and you can’t see anything until it’s time. Also, if you keep on talking then the gag goes back in.” Pete told me.

Not wanting to have that stupid thing back in my mouth I begrudgingly shut up. People were shuffling all around me and things were clunking everywhere. I was doing a good job of staying quiet that is until someone started taking my clothes off.

“What the fuck!” I roared and I started kicking whoever was doing this to me.

“Layla, it’s ok. We just need to change your clothes. We’re not taking everything off.” Another random man said.

I sat back and let the trauma unfold. I don’t know why I was being so obedient. In a way I knew this would all blow over soon. It was a dress they were putting on me, I was sure of it. Right before they did all the buttons they had me turn around and take my bra off. At least they left me with some dignity. Dropping my bra to the floor they made fast work of the tiny buttons and then moved on to my hair. A few women’s voices met my ears and I felt a little bit better that I wasn’t surrounded by a bunch of odd guys. The girls began to tug and comb my hair and I felt hot curlers being set in place. This was so totally random. What person would kidnap me and dress me up?

“Honey, if I take this blindfold off will you please promise to keep your eyes shut? I know you want to look so bad but it will ruin everything that he has planned.” A velvety voice said from in front of me.

“Wait, who is this ‘he’ and of course I’m going to look!”

“Please don’t, you’ll be sad if you do.”

Once again I agreed to go against my free will and let them take the blindfold off. I felt the lady apply makeup to my face, eyes, and mouth. Team Hair declared victory over my locks as they said that they were finished. A few people in the room kept on muttering about time but the chick doing my makeup said I was good to go. I felt someone slip some kitten heels on my feet and I was led out of the room. They never put the blindfold back on but I went with their scheme and kept my eyes tightly shut. Two people were holding my hands as I walked down some sort of hallway. My hands fell to my side as the escorts left me alone.

“Layla, open your eyes.” A very familiar voice whispered into my ear.

I opened my eyes and stared down to see what I had been wearing. My hand shot to my mouth to hold in the cry of shock that wanted to come out. The most beautiful wedding dress I’ve ever seen was on my body. It was as if someone made my dream dress for me. Looking up I smiled as I saw my reflection in the mirror. I looked like the bride I’ve always wanted to be. A person stepped into my peripherals and when I noticed who it was I ran forward and gave him a hug.

“Welcome to your wedding Layla.”
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry if its full of mistakes. i sat down and wrote this in one sitting. and itskind of late as well.
comments people!!