A New Beginning

Epilogue

One Year Later

A warm Californian breeze ruffled my hair as I stood on the wooden porch. What few stray hairs that I had tickled my nose as they came loose from my pony tail. I was nervous, anxious, excited, and about every other emotion that a person could feel. My hands had to be shaking, I just knew it. But when I glanced down at the wood railing they were sitting there motionless. Just looking at my hands brought a smile to my face. Even the slightest movement from my hand and the bright afternoon sun would reflect off my wedding ring which created a pattern of light above my head. A sigh of content escaped my lips as I looked out at the scenery around me. Northern California had to be the prettiest place on earth. Large hills that held so much color extended forth into the endless blue sky.

“Sweetheart, are they here yet?”

“Not yet, but any minute now and that bus will come barreling over that hill. I’ll let you know Mom.” I called to her over my shoulder.

Yes, this was my real mother I was talking to. Her and my real father never had time to visit because they worked on a small cattle ranch here in Northern California. For the last three months I had been living with them. The reason why I am here instead of on tour will be made known shortly.

“Where are you Jimmy?” I asked myself quietly.

Their year of touring was finally over and they would soon be here at the Seward ranch. But if you think I was alone for those months you’d be incorrect. In fact I think I hear my buddy coming right now. Lexi was tramping through the grass on her way to the porch. Every so often she would get near a cow and it would moo loudly in her ear.

‘God damn cows! Do they ever stare at you like you were a big pile of grass or something?” she asked as she walked along the fence line past the animals.

“No, I think you’re just crazy.” I said while chuckling a bit. “What you got in your hand girl?”

“This, my friend, is a letter from the First National Bank in Huntington Beach saying that we’ve been approved for our loan. Layla, we can now buy that store along Main Street!”

The two of us screamed in delight and started dancing around. Not long after Jimmy’s surprise wedding he insisted that I should pursue my dreams. With all the time off that Lexi and I have had recently we decided to do just that. Only being 19 years old didn’t deter us at all. Both of us love clothes so we figured why not open up a rock inspired boutique? Another thing that we both wanted was to do this ourselves. We didn’t want any help from the guys, especially Brian and Jimmy. Although, we did say that they could work in the store if they ever wanted to. The first thing we did was look for a nice piece of real estate in Huntington. After that we just took out a bank loan. It all seemed so easy but we knew that it was going to be harder in the future.

“I can’t wait to open up our own business. It’s going to be amazing.” Lexi said happily.

“I know.” I agreed with the same enthusiasm. “The guys are going to be so proud of us.”

“Speaking of which,” she said as she craned her ear towards the dirt road, “I think I hear something in the diesel family coming this way.”

The two of us ran to the porch and squinted our eyes into the sunlight. Soon enough the infamous black and tan bus came speeding over the hilltop towards the ranch. The smile of my face was so big that I really thought it was going to split my cheeks open. I never knew how much you could miss a person until Jimmy and I parted ways. Talking on the phone late at nights wasn’t the same as waking up and seeing his sleeping form next to me. All the horror stories about rock star boyfriends leaving their girls at home was something I became a part of. Out time away from each other wasn’t all sweet with a candy coating. On more than one occasion Jimmy had gotten drunk and blacked out. He didn’t know what he did during those times and neither did the guys. Let’s just say that my trust in him was put to the test a lot. But I could never imagine that he would ever be unfaithful to me after what we both went through in the early stages of our relationship.

“Mom, Dad, they’re here!” I yelled into the house before I followed Lexi in to the driveway.

The first one off the bus was Zacky and he immediately wrapped an arm around each of us and placed a big kiss on our cheeks. Matt soon came and joined in on Zacky’s love fest. I didn’t get much of a greeting from Brian because the second he saw Lexi he pounced on her. My brother ran off the bus and lovingly wrapped his arms around me in a pleasant hug.

“God, Layla, I missed you so much.” Johnny whispered into my ear. “Jesus, and you’re getting bigger to!”

“Hey, it’s not all my fault.” I said placing both hands on my belly.

“True, I still can’t get over the fact that my best friend knocked up my baby sister.” He mumbled.

“Oh what a night.” I said laughing erratically.

“Shut up, that’s gross.” Johnny said covering his ears with his palms.

“Since we’re on the subject, where is my darling husband?” I asked as I continued to stare at the bus.

The guys started to laugh while Lexi and I exchanged confused looks. Zacky was the first to calm down enough to tell me what was so funny.

“Jimmy couldn’t get to sleep because he was so excited and when he eventually passed out he slept through the entire ride here.” He said out of breath.

“You’re kidding me?” I asked incredulously. “First, he knocks me up and puts me on a plane to California so I can be in a healthy environment and now he can’t even wake up to see me? Brian, go get his lazy ass up.”

Brian’s muffled screams penetrated the air outside the bus as we waited. My heart skipped a beat as Jimmy’s incoherent morning voice followed. Matt had the bright idea to hide me so the four guys stood side by side and made a flesh wall for me. I could hear the light smacks of Brian’s Nike’s against the steps as he walked off the bus.

“Come on Sullivan, the bus got a flat tire and we’re stuck.” He said in a fake angry voice.

“How the hell did that happen? We’re wasting precious time that I could be spending with Layla.” Jimmy whined as he too got down from the bus steps.

Everything went dead silent as I heard Jimmy’s shoes crunch as they hit the gravel. It took everything in me not to jump him or from laughing. I could only imagine how confused he must be right now.

“Guys, is this the ranch where we were going?” he asked quietly.

“Yep.” They answered in unison.

“Brian, is that Lexi by your side?”

“Why yes it is Jimmy.” Lexi replied brightly.

“Where is she?” he questioned quickly. “Where is my Layla?”

“Layla who?” Johnny asked.

I could hear heavy stomping and it could only mean that Jimmy was throwing a fit and stomping his feet.

“Don’t do this to me guys! You don’t know what it’s like to spend three months jerking off when you have a perfectly good wife somewhere else that could be doing it for you. Now I demand to see my woman!”

Hearing this I huffed loudly and broke through Matt and Zacky in order to step out into the open.

“What do you mean your woman?” I asked with a slight smirk on my face.

A bewildered Jimmy stared at me for a few seconds not knowing what to do. With that time I couldn’t help myself as I began to check out his body which was only covered by a pair of basketball shorts. I watched as a broad grin etched itself onto his face and his arms extend outward. Happiness exuded through his black rimmed glasses from his beautiful blue eyes.

“Come here woman!” he called loudly.

I giggled like a little school girl as I rushed into his welcoming arms. His infectious voice filled my ears as he whispered ‘I love you’ like a mantra while swinging me in circles. I placed so many kisses on his neck and face that I could feel my lips becoming chapped. Now that I had my hands on him I never wanted to let go. He was mine forever and I never wanted to spend another second away from him. He softly placed me back on my feet so that he could stare at me up close. As I looked into his eyes I knew that he was thinking the same things that I was.

“See, I told you that getting off that bus would be good for you.” He said mockingly.

“Oh shut up and kiss me Jimmy Sullivan.” I said.

“Always and forever Layla Sullivan.”
♠ ♠ ♠
well, this is the first story to actually end for me. i hope you all liked it and if you did be sure to check out my other stories!
Psst! I just started a Syn Gates fanfic!

thanks to everyone and anyone who commented or even read a single chapter of this story!!!