Sequel: Union

Family Reunion

The Escapar

Rose noticed when Tre turned his head away from her and towards the bedroom door. Something was scary about his expression. She turned her own head slowly and nervously to see Billie Joe standing in the doorway.

"Oh shit!" Tre exclaimed and he jumped up from Rose's bed and remained his distance from his friend. Billie Joe slowly and calmly came into the room towards him.

"What the hell did I just see?" Billie Joe questioned Tre.

Rose began to tremble as she always did when Billie was near her. She wasn't sure why but she figured she probably wasn't half as scared as Tre.

"Nothing... ah what did you see?" Tre asked.

Rose remained quiet and she sat up on her bed and she shook her head while trying to wipe her tears.

Tre didn't really know what had hit him but the next thing he knew was that he was laying on the floor with an extremely pained jaw. He heard Rose shriek at the and incident and saw her shadow jump up and out of her bed.

"Oh my god!"

Billie Joe started shooting off his mouth monotoneously, "What the fuck! What the fuck were you thinking?!"

Rose ran to Tre's side and she just kept repeating the same thing, "Shit, shit, shit, shit..."

Billie Joe wasn't finished being angry and he kicked Tre in the stomach. "Fuck you man! This could seriously affect our friendship!"

"I'm sorry!" Tre squwaked. He was in so much pain but he knew he deserved what he got because he had no intentions of fighting his smaller friend back.

"Oh shit Frank, are you okay?" Rose asked him as more tears came from her eyes. Her dark mascara and eyeliner came pouring down her face in black streams.

"Frank? You call him Frank?" Billie Joe asked.

"Yes...why?" Rose said while sniffling again.

"Nobody fucking calls him Frank except his family and his ex-wife. You guys must be pretty close, huh?" Billie Joe said furiously.

By now everyone in the house was aware that something was happening upstairs. The adults, including Rose's mother all went upstairs to investigate.

"What the hells going on?" Mike asked Billie as he stepped into Rose's room and saw Tre lying on the floor.

"You don't want to know who I just caught asshole making out with!" Billie Joe shouted at the top of his strong vocal abilities.

Rose sat with a face of guilt, letting everyone know that Tre was the culprit and she was the accomplice.

Rose's mother came in beside Adrienne who had a hand up over her mouth in utter shock of what was taking place in her household. "You did what!?" Sher shouted at Tre.

"Fuck!" Tre shouted to himself thinking of what a fuck up he was.

"Oh my god," Rose said as the situation grew worse and worse by the moment.

Tre managed to stammer to his feet and dodge being hit by Rose's mother. "I'm sorry!" he shouted again and he ran out of the room shoving past Mike and Adrienne. He ran downstairs and outside to his SUV and sped away at top speed.

Rose was left in her room with her mother, Adrienne, Billie Joe and Mike. She kept shaking her head as she was still sat on the floor feeling overwhelmingly embarrassed. She thought to herself, at least they don't know I'm pregnant.

Rose stood up from the floor and exchanged glances with Billie Joe. Billie Joe just sort of sighed and he left the room without another word. She couldn't stop weeping and her mother just looked at her like she was the scum of the earth, not saying a thing to dull the moment.

"I'm sorry mom..." Rose chanted pleadingly.

Sher just turned around and left the room. Mike looked at Adie before turning around himself. "Whoa this is fucked up," he muttered nervously and he scratched the back of his neck.

Rose sat back down on her bed as Adrienne stared at her and came into the room. She let Rose cry for a few moments before she came and sat down on the bed next to her.

"What's going on Rose?" Adrienne asked and she could tell Rose was upset over more then just getting caught kissing Tre.

"Nothing..." Rose said quietly.

"I know there's something. There's been a look in your eyes the last couple of days," Adrienne said knowingly.

"No. There hasn't been a look," Rose said assuring Billie Joe's wife.

Adrienne watched as the younger woman tilted her head down nervously to the floor. "Hmm...are you pregnant?"

"What!" Rose shouted. "Oh my god, Tre said something to you?" Rose blurted out.

"What?" Adrienne asked.

"Ah...I...I...that's not what I meant... " Rose said.

"Hmm, ah okay. I just got something out of what you just said. And I really hope what I think I just got, isn't what it really is," Adrienne said.

"It's not," Rose said. She had decided she didn't want anybody to know without discussing it with her said Frank first. Frank might never give the nod for Rose's family to find out though. Especially after how Billie Joe just took the two doing something as innocent as kissing.

"Okay, well I guess I'll leave you alone for awhile," Adrienne said kindly and she headed towards the door.

"Thank you Adrienne," Rose said. Adie turned around and nodded her head then went out into the hall and closed the door behind her. Rose lay down on her plush bed and stared up at the ceiling. She was still crying gently but she felt more relaxed now that she was alone.

Adrienne went downstairs to rejoin the rest of the family. She decided to tell no one about what she had just found out.

Rose thought about Frank and it dawned on her that the fight between him and Billie Joe could affect Green Day. She didn't want to be responsible for killing Green Day; but at the same time she understood why Billie Joe was so angry.

She closed her eyes and even though she had practically just woken up she fell asleep again; escaping to her dreams.

Escape? Her dreams were filled with images of Tre being hurt by Billie Joe, images of herself being pregnant months down the road, and her mother's voice telling her to stay out of her life...

***

When Tre took off from Billie Joe's house he was crying profusely. He didn't know where to go; he didn't want to just drive back home and have Claudia see him with a bruised up face. Then he would have to give some lie explanation and he couldn't think of one at the moment.

He had the same thing in his mind that ran through Rose's mind, and probably also through the minds of Billie Joe and Mike. Was this going to be the end of their group? The end of their 16 year journey?

And all just because he was falling in love with Billie Joe's seventeen year old cousin...

Tre found it weird when he realized he was in love again. This time it had happened so quickly and to the most unimaginable person. I wonder if she has any ounce of love for me? Tre thought as he kept driving to nowhere.

Some hours later Tre found himself pulling up outside the Mondrian Hotel in West Hollywood. He needed to get a room and just spend a couple of days alone clearing his thoughts.

When he walked into the hotel lobby he received some strange looks from the staff who noticed his bruised up face. "I wanna get a room," Tre said to the conservative looking man at the desk.

"Why certainly Mr. Cool," the man said to him. Tre could tell the guy didn't really care for him very much. He was just one of those people who had to 'know' celebrities. It was part of his job to recognize famous faces.

"Thanks," Tre muttered.

"And do you have any luggage with you today sir?

"Ah no, just myself," Tre joked a bit. The man didn't even give a small chuckle. Tre stared at him like he was a freak.

"I'll have Mr. Giuseppe show you to your room."

Tre nodded his head then started following the man who came out of no where. "This way please sir," Mr. Giuseppe said.

Tre followed the man into the elevator. The man was very quiet and proper on the trip up to the third floor. That's not to say he didn't notice how bashed up Tre's face looked, it just wasn't his place to mention it.

They got off on the third floor and two doors away from the elevator Mr. Giuseppe stopped in front of ready to open the door. "Ah can I have the penthouse suite?" Tre asked because he felt like making the next couple of days as stress free as possible.

"I'm sorry sir, Brad Pitt is vacating the upstairs suite," Mr. Giuseppe said while pretending to be apologetic.

"Oh damn, hmm him and Jennifer still not getting along?" Tre asked.

"I wouldn't know," the man replied.

"Hmm I wonder if Angelina is up there with him... " Tre said and he gave Mr. Giuseppe a funny look.

"There are some towels on the shelf in the bathroom sir. And the mini bar is complimentary of the Mondrian," Mr. Gieuseppe said ignoring Tre's sarcasm.

"Ah yeah thanks," Tre said and he flopped down on the bed before Mr. Giuseppe even left the room.

"Feel free to call the desk if you should need anything else."

"Will do... " Tre said. Mr. Giuseppe left the room and Tre fell asleep.

***

It was 5 PM and Rose was just waking up for the second time today. She wiped her groggy eyes and looked out the window. It was still bright outside, but this was the summer. That could have meant it was 3 in the afternoon or 9 at night.

She was very surprised that she had been undisturbed by any of her asshole family members all day. She even kind of felt that way about Billie Joe now. He was an asshole for hitting Frank.

She wanted to talk to Frank more then anything, she was sad that he had to take off without saying anything to her. She felt very alone with her problems.

She hauled her pathetic ass out of bed and went over to her mirror. Her cheeks showed up dried streams of black eyeliner. Everything that had happened in this guest bedroom earlier was still very fresh in her mind.

She wiped her face and then went out into the hallway and headed towards the stairs. As she was making her way down the stairs she slowed down when she heard a conversation in another room.

"I wonder where Tre went," Billie Joe said.

"Yeah I don't know, I called him at home but Claudia said he wasn't there. Maybe I'll try his cell," she heard Mike say.

'His cell phone!' Rose thought to herself. She could some how find his cell phone number and call him. How would she do that though? The only place she could think of it being was on Billie Joe's or Mike's cell phone memory. That might be kind of risky trying to steal one of their cell phones.

She continued coming down the stairs and she was nervous of how everyone would act towards her after earlier. She came into the living room and her mom was sat there on the couch reading a magazine. "Hi mom," Rose said quietly.

Sher looked up from her magazine, and then just looked right back down at it not saying a word.

Rose sighed and then decided to go out to the kitchen. She knew Billie Joe and Mike were in here but she didn't want to just go off in a random room of Billie Joe's house by herself. She didn't think that would be very respectful.

As she slowly walked into the kitchen she had her eyes pointed towards the floor. Billie Joe looked at her and didn't know what to say.

Mike had his back turned to her while trying to call Tre's cell and getting mad because it kept going to voicemail. "Hey Tre its Mike... .we're all a little worried about you buddy. So if you could call me sometime tonight that would be cool. I'll talk to you later... " Mike said and he hung up.

Mike turned around to see Rose standing in the doorway of the kitchen, and he too also seemed to be speechless.

Rose drew her eyes up and towards the kitchen table where Adrienne was sitting drinking a cup of coffee. She slowly made her way over to the table and she sat down. Her heart raced out of her chest at this moment as she felt all eyes were on her. She looked over to see Mike put his cell phone down on the counter.

She eyed it and prayed Mike would forget to pick it back up. Adrienne smiled at Rose. Adrienne understood better then any one else, because she now knew what was running through Rose's mind. She knew that the young eastern girl was pregnant with Green Day's drummer's child.