Sequel: Union

Family Reunion

The Desperados

Rose assumed that because her mother was still ignoring her after all these hours that she was still not welcome to come back home. She didn't know what she would do; she certainly did not want to burden the rest of her family with her presence.

"We're going out for dinner. Do you want to come?" Adrienne asked Rose as she sat across from her at the table in a comfortable looking black tank .

"No thanks Adie, I'm not very hungry," Rose said. All though she was starving after so many hours she just so very wanted everyone out of the house. "I would like some coffee though," Rose grinned.

"Help yourself," Adrienne smiled kindly.

"Thanks," Rose said as she got back up from the table and went into the kitchen. Billie Joe and Mike were still standing around talking to each other. She didn't want her cousin to give her the silent treatment for the rest of the time she was here.

As she was making a pot of coffee, always quiet Mike just felt inclined to speak up. "Make enough for me too," the bassist said, laughing slightly as he did.

"Okay, I'll make eight cups. You can all have some before you go," Rose said and she smiled at Mike. Rose looked at her cousin again and he just sort of sighed. He wasn't mad at her, just extremely uncomfortable after what happened.

Mike and Billie Joe went out into the foyer to talk some more and Rose thought this was her golden opportunity to steal Mike's cell phone. She glanced over at Adrienne who appeared to be looking down at a newspaper. She then looked back at the arched doorway to the kitchen inconspiculously and quickly grabbed it. She turned it off before stuffing it in her pocket, thinking of how awkward it'd be if Mike's distinctive AC/DC ringtone went off.

She finished making her coffee and waited for it to run through into the pot. Mike came back out into the kitchen when he smelt the hazelnut brew wafting through the air. "Is the coffee ready?" he asked her and his eyebrows fell as though the aroma was seducing him.

"I believe so," Rose said and she went into the cupboard to grab her and Mike both coffee mugs.

"Thanks," Mike said as Billie Joe's younger female look alike passed him the cup.

She poured herself a cup and threw some unmeasured amount of sugar and cream in with it.

Things were quite extraordinary and she took off back to her bedroom where she passed Billie Joe in the foyer with barely an upward glance. She didn't expect him to say anything to her still but she was actually quite surprised when he did.

She was halfway up the stairs when she stopped at the sound of his voice, "Rose... " Billie Joe said.

She turned around slowly, her arms and legs tremoring nervously. "Yeah?" she said, her voice quiet and delicate.

"Ah, I'm sorry about earlier," he managed to choke out.

"Yeah, me too," Rose said softly. She then smiled at her cousin and continued on up the stairs.

"Ah, are you not going out to dinner?" Billie Joe inquired, stopping her again.

"Ah, no I don't think so," Rose muttered, "but thanks."

"Are you sure? Because granddads going to be there too. You haven't spent much time with him yet," Billie Joe said.

Rose realized this was true and she realized she would have to give in, "Okay, yeah I guess I would like to see him." She went up to the top of the stairs and looked down on her elder dark-haired cousin. "I'll just quickly go get ready."

"Okay," Billie Joe said. He turned to look at Mike who was coming out from the kitchen.

"Have you seen my cell phone?" Mike asked his smaller friend.

"Nope," Billie Joe said.

"Shit, I could have sworn I left in the kitchen," Mike sighed.

"I should call Claudia. See if she can come get Frankito," Billie Joe said as he watched Tre's son still running around with Jakob, who was three years his senior.

"Yeah you should do that. Still seems kind of weird he'd leave his son behind," Mike said.

"I think he was just really embarrassed. I feel kind of bad for hitting him, but still what was he thinking? Kissing my underage cousin," Billie Joe said starting to get himself worked up about it all over again.

"Oh well fuck it. As long as he doesn't do it again," Mike said.

"Yeah, where's the phone?" Billie Joe asked right when he picked it up off a table.

Claudia picked up on the other line, sounding very much like her usual motherly self. "Hello?"

"Hey Claud, it's Billie."

"Hey how's it going? Do you know where Frank and Frankito are?" Claudia asked.

"I do actually. Well Frankito anyways. Frankito is here and I was wondering if you could come pick him up? We're just about to head out for dinner," Billie Joe said.

"Oh okay. Ah, where's Frank?" Claudia asked.

"Umm...well I'm not exactly sure," Billie Joe said and he didn't go into the fact that the two men had been in a fight.

"That's weird. But okay I'll come get Frankito now," Claudia said and she hung up.

Billie Joe went out to the kitchen to see if Adrienne was ready. "Hey babe," he giggled and he smiled at his wife, with a kiss on her cheek. "You ready to go?"

"Yeah, sure," she said returning the smile and adjusting on of her earrings to sit just right in her lobe.

Upstairs while Rose was mascarading getting ready, she pulled Mike's cell phone out of her pocket. She quickly found the phonebook icon and started going through the list of names. Some of the names she recognized others she didn't.

Adeline
Adrienne (cell)
Anastasia & Stella
Billie Joe
Billie Joe (cell)
Bob
Chris
Dad & Mom
Estelle (cell)

"Hmm Estelle has her own cell phone... " Rose muttered to herself.

Then she stumbled upon it, after many more strange names...

Tre
Tre (cell)


She pressed Tre (cell) and his number came up. She couldn't manage to find a pen so instead she wrote on a white shirt of hers with her eyeliner pen. She would call him after coming back from dinner, she decided.

This felt like she was devising a masterplan and with it, she also felt she attributed juvenile behaviors. She slipped back downstairs and put Mike's cell phone down on the floor to make it appear as if it had fallen out of his pocket.

***

Frank had woken up at 6 PM that night at the Mondrian Hotel and he still felt like shit. It was a boring Monday night and he needed to do something to keep his mind off of the stupid mistake he had made earlier.

He knew only one thing that would help him right now, and that was to get seriously drunk. He set out on Sunset Blvd in search of a good expensive bar. Between bars and when he was only slightly buzzed his cell phone went off. He looked at the call display to see Billie's home phone number.

He decided to let his voicemail get it.

By 10 PM he was totally loaded. There were a few well-known celebrities in here tonight including the guy who was vacating the Penthouse Suite at the Mondrian. Tre was totally drunk and when he saw Brad Pitt he wanted to let him have it.

"Hey, you're staying at the Mondrariaiana... something?" Tre asked him.

"I'm sorry do I know you?" Brad asked him.

"I'm Tre... fucking Cool," Tre said drunkenly.

"Ah okay... "

"You stole my Penthouse Suite you dick... " Tre said.

"I'm sorry?" Brad questioned and he was kind of smiling because he could tell how drunk Tre was.

"I wanted the Penthouse Suite... why do you need it anyways? Do you go there to screw around with Angelo?" Tre said.

"No, and that's none of your business really. Her names Angelina by the way... " Brad corrected him.

"Ah... I don't give a fuck... I'm so drunk, I don't give a fuck about anything. Oh but I do...I got Billie's cousin pregnant..." Tre said to Brad.

"That sucks man. But I think you've had it tonight. I'll get someone to call you a cab. You're staying at the Mondrian? And sheesh what happened to your face?"

"Uh huh..." Tre muttered as his eyes were becoming very heavy.

A few minutes later a staff member at this expensive club helped Tre out into a cab. When he returned to the Hotel he somehow managed to make his way back up to his room; but only after stumbling drunk through the Hotel Lobby.

When he got back in his room he flopped down on his bed and looked at his cell phone. He couldn't really see the screen clearly but he managed to get his voicemail up. He stuck the phone to his ear upside down and listened.

First Archive Message...

"Hey Tre its Mike... .we're all a little worried about you buddy. So if you could call me sometime tonight that would be cool. I'll talk to you later... "

Next Message...

"Hi Fra-Tre... It's Rose..." There was a few seconds of silence. "I've been a little bit scared since you left today. I don't know where you are, or how badly Billie Joe hurt you. But I just really wish I could talk to you. I'm feeling really alone right now. I hope you come back soon." Another few seconds of silence, "Well bye... " Rose said and the message ended.

You Have No New Messages...

Tre sighed and he didn't even think about how Rose got his phone number. He wanted to call her and he wanted to call her bad.