Sequel: Union

Family Reunion

The Date

Rose and Tre both packed into his SUV and Tre drove off before Billie Joe tried to stop him from taking his cousin. "So where are we going?" Rose asked.

"Hmm, I thought we'd go to my house. But maybe we could go out to get something to eat," Tre smiled.

"Yeah, okay sure. That sounds like a good idea," Rose said and she looked down at the floor feeling slightly depressed.

It took Tre a few moments to notice her looking down before tapping into her emotions. "What's wrong?" he asked in a tone that Rose had never heard him use before,

She looked up quickly. "Ah, nothing really."

"I missed you..." Tre said.

"Okay, yeah that's it," Rose quirked suddenly. The raven-head placed her palms in her lap and began twiddling her thumbs.

"What's it?" Tre said confused as he continued to maneuver the vehicle.

"The I miss yous, and the I love yous. I feel weirded by it. I mean if all these things are true how come the green haze isn't true either?" Rose asked talking about the dream she had had while in a coma.

"The green haze?" Tre said.

"Ah, never mind," Rose said. "I just, even now I'm becoming comfortable around you. But I can't say for sure I was ever in love with you."

"Rose, you're pregnant with our baby. Isn't that enough to confirm that we had something together?" Tre asked.

"It is. But I just need a reminder. I mean as soon as I walked into Billie Joe's house I recognized it. But so far nothing has made me recognize me and you," Rose admitted.

"Okay..." Tre said and he tried to think of something that would. In fact it was the most simple thing in the world. He pulled his SUV over to the side of the road and turned to look at her. He kissed her softly, just like he had done those five months ago in the week she arrived.

When their lips parted Rose was wide-eyed. She remembered and she remembered well. "I thought..." she said before being cut off by Tre putting his finger to her lips.

He looked into her eyes; he could tell that she remembered. And he didn't want her to distract herself from remembering by talking.

After a few moments he removed his finger from her lips and she stared at him. Everything was confirmed in her mind now. "That was the most awesome dejevu," Rose said in a quiet breath.

"I quite enjoyed it too," Tre agreed and just like before he started up the car and they took off again. But unlike before there was no silence between them afterwards. The two talked all afternoon about different things; like what they would call their baby if it was a boy or a girl and Tre's trip in Hawaii.

In a restaurant that night in Oakland Tre was very nervous to ask Rose something he had been thinking about a lot lately. They had ordered their meals and Rose took off to the bathroom. Tre tried to word out how he would ask her as he impatiently sat there waiting for her return.

He sat there trying to word it out aloud to himself and when Rose came back he just about jumped out of his skin thinking she had heard him. "Ah! Hi Rose..." Tre said as she sat back down.

"Ah, hi..." she said, smiling pleasantly. "What's wrong?"

"Umm nothing..." he said. "You look really pretty right now."

"Oh, thank you," Rose laughed and sat there as a waiter placed down a drink in front of her; a ginger ale in fact, and a beer for Tre, just like they had had at Spago restaurant the night of the accident.

Rose was a little self-conscious of her scars. Her arms were visibly two different colours of skin. So instead of wearing the sexy black evening dress which was a birthday present from Adrienne, she wore a pair of jeans and a long sleeved t-shirt.

"I mean it, you really do look beautiful tonight," Tre said because he could tell by the way she adjusted her clothing that she really was uncomfortable.

"Ah, thank you," she repeated nervously.

"Rose, I can't put this off any longer. Because it's eating me up inside and I need to know what your answer is now," Tre said.

"Oh god, what are you going to ask me?" Rose said.

Tre sighed and he fidgeted himself back and forth on his seat across from Rose. How was he going to put it now? Well he supposed it was just going to come out the way it was going to come out. "Rose...do you...do you want to move in with me?"

There was an eternity of silence in the restaurant as Tre waited for her answer. Not only did it feel like an eternity but Rose was also really taking her time answering. Tre scratched the back of his head nervously as he looked at her. "Yeah okay..." she finally responded.

"Wow really?" Tre said as his face lit up as though his night had been made.

"Yeah really..." she smiled.

"Oh my god, I'm so excited!" Tre shouted.

"Yeah me too," Rose said and she actually felt kind of giddy again.

"Are you even hungry?" Tre asked and he looked like he wanted to jump out of his seat.

"I am pregnant. So yes I am, but I could ransack the all-you-can-eat buffet on the way out," Rose laughed.

"Great sounds like a plan," Tre said and jumped up and took her by the hand. They ran over to the food bar grabbed some bread and other unhealthy crap and darted out the door back into Tre's SUV.

"Whoa that was really a spur of the moment," Rose said as Tre sped them off quickly.

"Yeah, I love being spontaneous," Tre smiled.

"I've quite figured that of you," Rose replied. "So where to now?"

"Well, I would really like to be alone with you..." Tre said shyly.

"Where can we go to do that?" Rose said as she looked out the window.

"I don't know. Claudia and the kids are at home right now. I feel like I'm making you cheap for suggesting this, but ah...hotel?" Tre said.

"Okay sure..." she said quickly. "Oh and by the way, I love feeling cheap."

"Hmm me too..." Tre said kinkily.

Some minutes later they pulled up at the Waterfront Plaza Hotel in Oakland. Sure it was dark outside now, but Rose was astonished by the views of the city lights of San Francisco in the bay. "Wow this is beautiful," Rose said with glee.

"Yeah it is," Tre smiled as he took her hand and they both walked into the Hotel Lobby.

"Wow this place is pretty nice," Rose said as she glanced around. She had gotten quite used to living in Billie Joe's Berkeley villa, but still she remembered her house back east. This place was magnificent compared to that crappy ramshackle little place.

"Hello there, sir checking in?" the man at the counter asked Tre. This was a nice resort but not one that often accommodated celebrities; and that's why the man didn't know him.

"I'm here too," Rose said to the man.

"Ah yes of course. Will you and your wife be requiring a single or a double bedded room?" the man asked Tre again.

Rose sighed and got annoyed with how sexist this man was being towards her. "I don't want to stay here..." Rose said to Tre.

Tre turned to look at Rose and he grinned apologetically and then turned back to the man, "Apologize to my wife!" Tre demanded of the man.

Rose just felt like whoa hearing him call her his wife. What the hell was meant by him saying that? She looked at the man who was hesitant to say anything to her but he did apologize.

"Here is your room key ma'am," the man said and he passed it to Rose instead of Tre.

"Hmm, that's better," Rose said. Tre was surprised when right there in the lobby Rose grabbed him by his tie and started making her way towards the suites.

"Oh, I feel like a dog being pulled by his leash," Tre grinned happily.

"You are a dog," Rose laughed as she unlocked the door and pulled him into the dark room.

"Wow, I've never seen this side of you before," Tre said.

Rose tried to find the light switch and eventually she did. Tre looked at her and she looked at him. "Get down on your knees and crawl over to the bed. Make sure you're a good obedient dog!" Rose said.

"Woof...yes ma'am," Tre said and he got down and crawled over to the bed.

Rose started taking off her clothes and she walked over to the bed where Tre was laying. "I'm going to make you squeal like a puppy," Rose smirked as she jumped on top of him.

"Woof woof," Tre said and Rose started taking off his shirt. Then off came the pants. She left his tie on it gave her better control of him.

"Do you feel cheap now?" Rose said as she jumped up and down on top of him and grabbed his tie tightly in her grip.

"Oh yes..." he mumbled in pleasure as he looked up at his five month pregnant girlfriend riding his lap like a mechanical bull.

For two hours they went at it off and on. They finished up and somewhere in the middle of it Tre had ended up on top. He collapsed over her gently as not to squeeze her stomach.

"Tre...I need to call Billie," Rose said.

"Why? He already knows you're moving in with me," Tre said softly.

"How does he know?" Rose asked.

"Because I told him I was going to ask you."

"Oh...I see. And he was okay with it?"

"Yeah, he'll live," Tre said and he rolled off beside her.

"Tre..." Rose said softly.

"Yeah?"

"I'm sorry for never saying I love you back when you say it to me. I just, I've been put under such enormous pressure. Between the accident, and everything else it's been very hard on me. And I just wanted to say, that I do love you," Rose and she closed her eyes gently, letting her dark lashes graze her upper cheekbones.

"Aw, I love you too Miss Rose," Tre said and he scooped her up in his arms and the two fell asleep together.