Sequel: Union

Family Reunion

The Evening Took A Turn For The Worst

Rose couldn't sleep at all that night; so once Tré had left the house and Claudia and Frankito were in bed she got up to watch TV and have a cup of coffee. She sat there for hours and hours and hours expecting Frank to come through the door at any time, but that wasn't the case.

Sometimes through out the night she would space out on the television and others she would think about Frank and start to cry. It didn't help that she had purposely put MTV2 on in a hopes at getting a glimpse of her drumming fiancé.

Claudia came downstairs at about three in the morning and saw Rose was still awake. She came into the living room and sat down next to the poor sobbing girl. "What's wrong Rose?" Claudia asked.

"Nothing... " Rose said as she tried to wipe her own tears.

"You are crying. You can talk about it with me, I'll probably understand, whatever it is," Claudia said with kindness.

"Ah...okay. Well, it's Frank Claudia," Rose said.

"I am not surprised there," Claudia said.

"He left tonight to go be with Mike. And I miss him so much. Why does he have to go over to Mike's when he's been on the road with him for months?" Rose said shaking her head in bewilderment.

"Hmm... that does seem kind of odd. Frank told me they weren't going to start any new writing or recordings for another few months. There would be no other reason for him to go over to Mike's on his day back," Claudia said.

"Really?" Rose asked.

"Yeah...I don't get it," Claudia sighed.

"Maybe I'm just taking it the wrong way," Rose reasoned.

"No, you're not taking it the wrong way at all. You two have been going out for about eight months now, you're engaged, and you're going to have your baby soon. He should be rushing back to spend time with you," Claudia insisted.

Rose just nodded her head and got up off the couch which wasn't an easy task now that she was eight months pregnant. Claudia gave her a helping hand. "I guess I'll go back to bed," Rose said, not sounding very triumphant.

"Yeah you should. Don't fret over Frank, Rose. Somebody will talk some sense into him," Claudia said with a smile.

"Thank you..." Rose said before heading for the stairs.

***

"Tré okay man calm down... " Mike said as he sat Tré down at a booth in the café.

"I...I'm trying to calm down. Fuck I fucked up so badly Mike... " Tré cried.

"Can I get you some coffee?" Mike asked.

"No... but I could use a beer," Tré said quickly. Mike just nodded and headed over to the fridge to pull out a cool beer.

"Now tell me what happened... " Mike said as he passed the beer to his distraught friend.

Before Tré even spoke he opened his beer and chugged it back quickly and then threw the bottle to the floor. "Sorry..." Tré said.

"That's okay the cleaning lady will get it," Mike insisted.

"Mike, I'm so fucking scared right now. I never wanted it to turn out like this. And Rose...she's going to hate me forever. I can't believe I did that to Sarah... " Tré cried.

"Whoa...what about Sarah?" Mike questioned.

"I stabbed her in the back with a fucking ornament..." Tré managed to get out.

"What?!" Mike said with excitement.

"I did man... it was really hard and sharp and I just fucking drove it into her as hard as I possibly fucking could," Tré wailed.

"Holy fuck... why?" Mike asked.

"Mike... Sarah has been blackmailing me into sleeping with her," Tré admitted.

"She has? How?" Mike said as he was feeling very shocked.

"I got drunk one night and we bumped into each other in the bar. She got me into my car and had sex with me. Then when I woke up she was there... and she threatened to tell Rose me and her were sleeping together if I didn't continue sleeping with her," Tré cried.

"Fuck... how long has this been going on for?" Mike asked.

"Almost three months... " Tré said and he buried his face in the palms of his hands.

"Wait you stabbed her with an ornament? Where were you guys?" Mike questioned again.

"We were at a hotel. Sarah told me she loved me and that she was starting to get bored of me. So I tried something that was less boring, but at the same time I just felt so angry. And something came over me and I saw this little figurine on the table and it was in arms reach I just grabbed it and... " Tré stopped.

"Oh my god... Tré did you kill her?" Mike asked.

"I don't know..." Tré said slowly.

"Oh my god, what if she's dead? What's going to happen to you?" Mike said and he now was equally upset. He got up and shut the lights off in the café and sat back down at the booth.

"Why'd you turn the lights off?" Tré asked.

"Because the police are probably looking for you. And as much as I want to help you out the last thing I want is to get caught with you," Mike said.

"Fuck... Rose will never understand why I did this. I'm sorry for putting this on you Mike. I just had no one else to tell," Tré said.

"It's okay buddy... " Mike said before getting up and going across the booth to give his friend a comforting hug.

"Rose is going to have our baby soon...what if I can't be there because I'm in prison?" Tré asked.

"I don't know... I don't know... " Mike said with sadness in his voice.

"Oh my god... what's that sound?" Tré asked as he listened carefully and it sounded like police sirens in the distance. It may just have been his imagination but Mike heard them as well.

"Oh shit... " Mike said.

"Man...you should get out of here," Tré said to his best friend.

"I don't want to leave you behind... " Mike maintained.

"Guaranteed they are already in search of my SUV. If Sarah wasn't able to tell them what my car looked like the Hotel surely could," Tré said as he wiped more tears.

"I'm sorry Tré... " Mike said and he quickly darted outside and jumped back in his BMW and sped off in the opposite direction of the sirens.

Tré sat there for a moment in silence. He got up and washed his hands in the kitchen sink. His heart was beating faster then those sirens that were approaching. At another spur of the moment Tré jumped back in his SUV and took off.

Several minutes later Tré pulled back up in the driveway of his house. He was disturbed to see a police cruiser parked in the driveway. He slowly but bravely parked his car and got out. He sighed before walking up the steps to enter the house; he slowly opened the door and readied himself to face the music.

His first sight as he walked into the foyer was a view into the living room. Rose was sitting looking down at the floor as a police officer stood in the middle of the room. He paused as the officer glanced over at him. Rose couldn't even face him she just kept looking down and shaking her head. She was apparently crying.

Tré looked at Claudia who was sitting on the back of the couch. He some how managed to get his feet to work and he walked into the living room and sat down next to Rose. Rose moved over on the couch in anger.

"Rose... " Tré said as he looked at the anger his fiancé had.

"Mr. Cool do you want to tell me what you were doing tonight between the hours of 10 P.M. and 3 A.M. in the morning?" the officer asked.

"I was at the Waterfront Plaza Hotel," Tré admitted.

"Why the fuck did you stab my sister?!" Rose shouted all of a sudden and looked over at the love of her life. "What the fuck were you guys doing at a hotel? You told me you were over at Mike's house!" she started to cry.

"Rose...it's not what you think," Tré said calmly.

"If it's not what I think then what the fuck is it?!" Rose said before looking down at the floor again. She grabbed her head of thick hair with both hands and kept crying hysterically as she began to tug.

Tré placed his hand on her shoulder before continuing to speak again. "Rose me and Sarah have been sleeping together for about three months."

Rose gasped and jumped up from the couch. "Oh my god...no...no...no. Oh my god, no! " Rose cried as she looked at Tré who was still sitting on the couch.

"Rose, you need to let me tell you why..." Tré said.

"No Frank! Fuck you!" Rose shouted. She then held her pregnant belly and shook her head. "I thought you loved me...oh god...I thought you fucking loved me. How could you do this to me!"

"I love you Rose...I didn't stab your sister though," Tré said shamefully.

"Sir, employees say they saw you dart out into the Hotel Lobby and take off in your vehicle. What was your reason for being so hurrid?" the officer questioned.

"I wasn't in a hurry. I had no idea Sarah was stabbed," Tré lied. He didn't like having to not tell the truth, especially to Rose. But he had brought Sarah down and that was all that mattered because he hated the fucking bitch.

"Mr. Cool, I'm going to have to take you into custody until we can get this sorted out. Sarah has suffered a lot of blood loss and is in critical condition and no matter what the circumstances here, if you're guilty we are not going to give you the opportunity to just take off," the officer said.

Rose was still crying her eyes out and Claudia gave her a comforting hug but Rose was so angry she practically pushed her away. Tré was crying as well as he slowly stood up and walked over to the officer. He placed his hands behind his back and was cuffed.

"Oh god..." Rose cried hardly able to contain the sight of her beloved drummer being arrested for suspicion of harming her sister. "Frank please, tell me you didn't do this..." Rose gulped, hysterically shaking her head back and forth.

"I love you Rose..." is all Tré said before he started being pulled towards the foyer.

Just then Frankito appeared in the doorway of the living room. "Mommy what's going on? I saw a blinking red and a blue light in my room," Frankito said before seeing a police officer standing in behind his father. "Daddy?"

"Frankito go back to bed..." Claudia ordered as she wiped a tear from her own cheek.

"Come on Mr. Cool let's go," the officer said.

"Couldn't you make it a little less obvious? This is my son..." Tré said.

The officer just sighed.

"Daddy?" Frankito said.

"Daddy will be back soon Frankie, just stay here with mommy..." Tré said as he forced a smile to comfort his son.

The smile did not comfort Frankito very much; he was smart enough to know what was happening. "Daddy..." Frankito said in a soft voice before starting to yell, "Daddy!"

Tré was pushed into the back of a police cruiser. "I love you Frankito."