Status: Will update every 5 comments.

The Good Life.

Chapter Two

I watched as several emotions came crashing down on Michelle. She refused to believe that I was Brian's daughter. It was almost like she didn't think I was good enough to be his Daughter.

"So what is she here for? Money? A place to stay? You told me when we got married, you didn't want kids-"

I caught off Michelle before she got really upset, "All I need him to do is sign his parental rights over and I'll be gone, honest." I gave her a nervous smile. She was scary when she was upset.

Brian spoke for the first after he said I was his Daughter, "I have to help her find her Mom, too. She needs both signatures in order to get emancipated."

Michelle looked at me and back at Brian, "Well, tell me when you're not her father anymore." She said in a harsh tone, before retreating back up the stairs.

"Bitch." I said, bluntly, but covered it up a gasp when I realized I called my biological Father's Wife a bitch.

I turned to Brian to find him amused by my actions, "She's not always like this. Let's just say the fans don't really like her."

That made me shrug my shoulders, "Well she won't have to deal with me long."

Brian chuckled uneasily and then his eyes lit up, "How about before we do some Mother hunting, you come meet some friends of mine, which are.. Um.. Would be like your uncles."

A chuckle escaped from me when he called it 'mother hunting', but I felt a flicker of sadness run through me when he said 'would be like'. I didn't like this idea of coming here. The whole plan was for him to sign a piece of paper, that's it. I looked up at him to find him smiling at me. Again, something I never thought I would see, but that made me crack. "Sure, I would love too."

We headed back into his Charger and he started making phone calls, while he drove. I zoned out, while staring blankly out the window. The more time I spend with Brian, the more I want to get to know him. He seems to be acting the same way, but Michelle also said he didn't want any kids, so maybe he's just being nice. He probably just feels bad for me.

"Eden, we're here." Brian said, pulling me back to reality. I turned to find Brian smiling again, he was excited. That made me nervous. I'm sure the people I'm meeting are his band mates.

He proved my assumption right as we got out of the Charger, "The guys are my band mates but they're also my best friends. They'll you love you, trust me." He must have noticed that I was nervous.

As we walked up the driveway, I looked at my surroundings. This house was a little bigger than Brian's, but wouldn't be considered a mansion. As we got to the door, I watched as Brian just opened the door and walked right in, "Anyone home?" He called out into the house.

I just stood there on the porch, not sure what to do. I heard a deep male voice holler, "In the living room, dude!"

Brian went to walk forward, but turned around to find me standing on the porch still. He smiled, "C'mon, they don't bite... Well maybe Johnny, but we'll get to that." That made me chuckle and I stepped into the house.

I looked down at the nice wood floors and realized I was wearing combat boots. I frowned up at Brian, "Should I take off my shoes?"

He gave a light laugh, "Nah, you're fine. Come on." Brian put his hand on my shoulder and guided me down the hallway. Once we reached the end of the hallway, the floor turned into carpet and I looked up to see five curious faces looking up at me and there was a little kid playing race cars on the coffee table, who was just minding his own business.

The only woman there smiled up at me, "Hi! I'm Val! You must be Eden. It's nice to meet you." I studied her features and realized she looked just like Michelle. They must be sisters. Better yet, twins.

Val was obviously the nice one, she made me feel welcome. I gave her the best smile I could, "Nice to meet you."

I looked around at the others, who were just staring, more like gawking at me like I was a foreign object. It kind of made me feel uncomfortable.

"Holy shit, you were serious!" The guy in the mohawk exclaimed.

Brian let go of my shoulder, "I told you!"

I looked at the other three guys and they all seemed to be in shock. The half shaved head dude got a grin on his face, "Well, Eden, welcome to the family."

That made me blush and smile, but once I realized that I wasn't staying long, the smile disappeared.

Brian decided to brush that off with some introductions, "Alright, Eden, this is Matt, Zack, Johnny, Arin, and the little dude is my nephew, River."

I looked down the line, placing names with faces. Matt was the half shaved head dude, Zack was the dude that seemed to dress fairly fashionable, Johnny was the one in the mohawk, Arin was the skinny, younger dude of the group, and River was the little guy.

"Well it's nice to meet you guys." I said, trying to show that I meant it. Which I wasn't sure if I did. They seemed all welcoming, but I didn't want to get attached.

Brian could tell my attitude change and he looked at Val, "Hey, why don't you make some sandwiches or something." I wasn't looking at him, but I could tell he was signaling her to get me out of there. He probably wanted to explain to the guys about everything.

Val smiled at me, "Would you like to help me?"

I nodded, knowing I really didn't have a choice, "Yeah, sure thing."

"Matt, keep an eye on River."

It was clear to me that Val and Matt were together and River was their son.

Val lead me into the huge kitchen. I scoffed to myself, most of the foster homes I lived in weren't even as big as this. I watched as she pulled some stuff out of the fridge. She placed it on the counter, "So did you meet Michelle?"

"Yeah, are you guys sisters?" I questioned her curiously.

She smiled at that, "Twins, actually."

I nodded, "I kind of figured that."

"Was she nice?"

That made me scoff, "Nice? She hates me and I didn't even do anything to her."

Val looked up at me with guilt in her eyes, "She'll come around. Just give her some time."

I shrugged my shoulders, "It doesn't matter, once Brian finds my Mom, and signs the paper; I'll be gone."

"Right, emancipation. Brian said something about that," She started throwing some sandwiches together, "You know, I'm sure Brian wouldn't mind taking you in. I mean you are his daughter."

That right there is exactly what I didn't want to happen, "No. He didn't want me when I was born and plus Michelle said he didn't want kids. I don't want to put a burden on him. Plus, I'll be fine on my own. I practically raised myself."

Val tossed a knife in the sink and looked at me, sweetly, "Honey, he had no idea you even existed until today. I know Brian. I've known him my whole life. If your Mother told him that she was pregnant, he would of kept you and raised you, himself. He's never been the type of guy to turn his back on his family."

I started to gnaw on my lip, "Michelle said-"

She cut me off, "Brian may have told her he didn't want kids, but I know he'd be a great Father. You just have to give him a chance."

My heart was more than willing to give a chance. All of the foster Dads I had were either druggies, alcoholics, or just plain douchebags. Brian seemed to be none of the above so far, but I couldn't get my hopes up.

Val finished up the sandwiches and we went back into the living room. Brian started to eat one of them, when he eyed me, "We kind of have a problem."

I said thank you to Val for the sandwich and looked back at Brian, "What kind of problem?"

"Well I had Zack look up Allison and she lives in Ohio." He said, waiting for my reaction.

This was big news. I had no clue how I was even going to get to Ohio, but I had to if I wanted to get this paper signed. Brian seemed to notice my confliction, "We can fly out there tomorrow," He took a deep breath, like he was preparing himself for something big, "Or you can say fuck it and just live with me."

My eyes widened and I took a second to look around at everybody. Val was smiling, she knew this was coming. The guys just seemed interested in my response. I looked back at Brian, "I can't ask you to do that. Plus that would probably make Michelle hate me even more. Please, Brian, just sign the paper. I'll find my own way to Ohio." I said it in a rushed tone, knowing what was coming. Water works.

He ran his hand through his hair, "Eden, Michelle will get over it. You don't need to worry about anyone, but yourself-"

"Exactly, so sign the paper." I stated, while pulling out the paper with a pen, hoping I could end this before the water works started to spew out.

Matt decided to speak up, "I don't think you get what he's trying to say, Eden. He wants you to live with him. Not because you're some charity case, but because you're his daughter."

The water works were filling up and I rubbed my eyes, trying to prevent them from coming out, "I understand that, but he doesn't understand me. I didn't come here for him to take me in. I came here to get emancipated."

Brian noticed me getting upset, "Hey, we can take it slow. How about you stay the night at my house and in the morning we can still fly out to Ohio to meet your Mother. After that if you still want to leave, you can. I just want to make up for lost time, Eden. You're my daughter, I want to take care of you."

Boom.

Water works came flooding down my face and I tried to hide it, but it was no use. Brian took me by surprise and pulled me into a hug. I was too shocked at first. This was the first hug I've ever got from a "father figure". I was used to getting hit rather than getting a hug. I breathed his scent in and gave into the hug. I wrapped my arms around his torso as he squeezed me, like I was about to disappear.

I ended the hug, once I decided on an answer, "Just one night."

His eyes lit up, knowing he was at least getting somewhere, but he nodded nevertheless, "Just one night." Everyone else seemed to be happy about this too.

I forgot I still had the water works flowing until River came bouncing over to me, "No cry," He raised one of his race cars up to me, "Pay cars wiff me?" That definitely lifted the mood.

I laughed and went over to play cars with the little guy. The guys just continued on with a conversation and every time I looked up, I found Brian smiling at me. Maybe this one night could turn into something more.
♠ ♠ ♠
I will fix Grammar errors tomorrow, I just figured everyone would want an update tonight instead of tomorrow. So what does everyone think? Do you think Eden will eventually stay with him? How will meeting her Mom go? Find out in the next chapter!

5 comments=update.