Status: Slowly getting written, but written well

Seaside Summer

The Middle - Jimmy Eat World

The rain dumped out side the covered porch mid-morning. The thin mesh kept the bugs out and let the air in. I sat outside on the couch and listened to the rain drops hitting the pavement. I saw turning pages in a book I wasn't really paying attention to. I was too lost in my daydreams. I was screamed when lighting then looked into my house windows to see the power had gone out. I went inside to open all the window shades to let what was left of the morning light in. I went to go sit back outside on my porch when a very handsome boy opened the porch door.
He was the one who looked like the actor.
"Hello" I greeted with a smile. I stood up and walked over to him "who might you be?"
"I'm one of the new neighbors" he extend his hand "Ozzie Graham" I shook his hand.
"Jenna Hunter" I smiled "so what may be the pleasure of meeting you today?"
"Oh!" He chucked "me and my friends heard someone scream over here, I just wanted to check to see of everyone was alright"
"It's only me who lives here currently"
"this big house for only you?" He sounded surprised
"Yeah, my parents got it for me" I said "you live in the Green's old house? I know mrs. Green passed away a few months ago, but I didn't know Doctor Green put it on the market!"
"Yeah, Mr. Green actually didn't put it on the market. His grandson is one of my best friends and when the Doc decided to move in to a retirement home he gave the house to Tommy." He said

"Oh! Thomas! He's the redhead right?" I remembered seeing him at the funeral a few months ago.

"Yeah, do you know him?"

"Sorta? I saw him at Mrs. Greens memorial service" I mentioned.

"Oh," he said awkwardly, I guess I kinda put a damper on this conversation

"But, yeah. Anyway. Everyone and everything is fine around here" I smiled. "Why don't you come inside real quick and I'll give you my number so you don't have go run over here next time. Also if you have any questions about Seaside, feel free to call me!" I ran inside with him trailing behind him. As I was writing the number down I saw him look around at all the photos I had hung on the walls.

"Hey!" He shouted pointing at a photo. "That's tommy!" I grabbed the piece of paper I was writing on and walked over to him.

"No it's not." I said hastily. I pushed him away from the photo and to my front door. I shoved the number into his hand and we said our goodbyes. I leaned against the side of open front as he walked out the porch doors and ran to his home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's short. It's kinda a filler chapter.