Status: I will try my best to also follow the shows story but I also like going my own path as well. I do hope you enjoy and I would love feedback. Maybe even feedback on the title because I'll be honest. Nothing came to mind at the moment ^^

The CEO's Assistant

Chapter Sixteen: First Duel

“Alright Kia! I’ve programed it to a deck that will be moderately easy for you but at the same time still give you something to think about. Starting you off with 8000 life points” Mokuba explained as he typed in a few words, watching the bot boot up and start to draw cards. “Uploading new battle city tournament rules” The bot spoke. Kiandra drew five cards as well as she groaned slight, “I can’t believe I’m thrown into a battle without any basic rules”. “Don’t worry Kiandra, I’ll be right here with you. Besides, I built a pretty powerful deck for you with a couple rare cards. You’ll beat this bot with ease!”

Kiandra looked up at the control station then back to the bot. “I suppose so. Those cards looked pretty tough. Alright I’m ready. I’ll go second though”. “Going first” The bot beeped as she drew and extra card, “placing one card face down in spell/trap zone, ending turn”. “That’s it?” Kiandra questioned but shrugged it off as she drew a card from her deck. She took a few moments looking at her cards before she finally decided. “Alright! I’ll play Atlantean Marksman in attack mode”.

“Nice move Kia! You can attack the bot directly” Mokuba cheered from the control station. Kiandra gave a look of confusion, “Really? Oh right! Ok Marksman, attack the bot directly!” As she ordered for the creature to attack, the monster came to life, readying its spear and lunging toward the bot. It was a direct hit alright and caused 1400 damage to the robots life points.

“Kiandra, don’t forget that your monster is an effect monster” Mokuba reminded her as she took a quick look at her monsters ability. “Oh wow, I suppose this will do well for me. Alright, due to my monster’s special ability by causing damage to my opponent. I can special summon one level four monster or lower Atlantean sea-serpent” with that she took a quick glance through her deck. She pulled the card she wanted and shuffled her deck, carefully placing it back into the slot.

“I summon Atlantean Attack Squad in attack mode and it gains 800 attack points for having another sea-serpent on the field. I attack directly!” The monster once again sprang to life, attacking the bot causing 2200 damage to its life points.

“Yes!” Kiandra cheered, seeing a good chunk of the bots life points depleting. “Way to go Kia. You’re becoming more of a natural now but you still have far to go!” Mokuba shouted into the intercom. She nodded in agreement, trying not to get too cocky by her good luck. She ended her turn and closely watch the bot make its move. “Placing one monster face down on field, ending turn” it beeped.

“What really? That’s it again?” Kiandra disappointedly whispered to herself. “I did put it on an easier level. We can’t start you off on a deck like Seto’s” Mokuba laughed. She nervously laughed, only imagining what it would be like to even face Kaiba on the field. She felt it would be quite terrifying. “I lay down a card face down” she placed the card in the spell/trap zone and sighed. 'I may not need it but just to be safe' she thought to herself. “I now play Mermail Abyssnose in attack mode and attack your face down card” She lifted her hand sending her mermail to attack.

The monster had flipped, revealing Tin Goldfish, but wasn’t destroyed. Kiandra’s mermail was pushed back as it cried in pain as Kiandra took 500 damage to her life points. “Wait, what?” She uttered, confused on what had just happened. “Look closely to the monster’s defense points. It has 2000 defense points while your monster only had 1500 attack points. Your monster couldn’t destroy it causing damage to you with difference” He explained as the machine a little passed her, as if pointing towards it.

She did as she was told and saw the points clearly now. “I need to pay better attention. I have to admit, was getting a bit cocky for a bit there” she laughed shyly. “I guess that means I’ll attack with Atlantean Attack Squad. Alright my beast, show that stupid goldfish what we're made of!” The monster was destroyed but the bot suddenly spoke up, “Activating trap card, Time Machine”. Suddenly the monster was brought back to life in defense mode.

“Oh you little…” Kiandra growled. She ended her turn, seeing no other way to destroy the monster this turn. The bot hummed to life, “Placing a face down card in spell/trap zone and one face down in monster zone, ending turn”. Kiandra’s eyes slightly twitched, “I summon Mermail Abysslinde in attack mode and I attack with Atlantean Attack Squad to destroy your Tin Goldfish”. The monster was destroyed with no further complications. Kiandra smirked, chuckling softly as she raised up her hand, “Mermail Abyssnose, attack the bot’s face down monster”. The creature attacked, but again the card wasn’t destroyed.

Instead this card flipped and glowed as a robotic claw like creature clung to her mermail. “What’s the big idea?” She shouted at the creature as if it could answer. “Blast Sphere has a special ability that attaches to the monster that attacked it. By the next standby phase your creature will be destroyed and whatever attack points your monster had will be damaged towards your life points!” Mokuba explained again, though this time his voice was slightly worried.

“Oh dear” she gazed timidly towards the monster, “I better finish this before that bomb goes off!” She looks toward her field and takes in a deep breath, “Let’s finish this shall we? I attack directly with Atlantean Marksman, which also activates his special ability again”. The monster caused another 1400 damage to the bots life points as Kiandra gazed through her deck. “Perfect! I summon Atlantean Dragoons in attack mode. I attack with both Atlantean Dragoons and Mermail Abysslinde” She shouted with a confidant smile.

The two monsters launched their attacks, bringing the bot’s life points to 0. Kiandra cheered, jumping up and down as the battle field shut down. Mokuba appeared from a door nearby and tackled her, “You did great Kia!” She hugged him in happiness. “I feel great. I can’t wait to practice more, I want to be fully ready for this tournament”.

“We still have a lot of time before my brother comes back. Let’s break for lunch and then we’ll practice more” Mokuba suggested as Kiandra’s stomach started to agree with him. She laughed, embarrassed, “I suppose dueling takes a lot out of you”. They laughed as they both walked out of the dueling simulator and back upstairs to the kitchen.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope the duel was to your liking. I'm always open for opinions!