Status: I will try my best to also follow the shows story but I also like going my own path as well. I do hope you enjoy and I would love feedback. Maybe even feedback on the title because I'll be honest. Nothing came to mind at the moment ^^

The CEO's Assistant

Chapter Twenty Seven: Toxic Feeling

Kiandra groaned, feeling the sun hit her eyes as they fluttered open. “What…” That’s when it all hit her. She bolted straight up, seeing she was in her own room. She replayed the events that happened last night. Kaiba had actually kissed her and right after sent her to bed saying they had a long day tomorrow. There was no confession of him liking her, but then again, he didn’t try to get into her pants either.

She rubbed her face with both hands, the kiss replaying over and over in her head. “What am I doing?” She asked herself. Kaiba didn’t know, but that was her first kiss. It did feel magical like she’d hope for her first time, but she had hoped that there would have been some sort of confession that he liked her. Kiandra pushed herself out of bed, seeing it was now 6:30am.

Kiandra hopped into the shower, letting the hot water rinse all of her troubles away, but she couldn’t help feeling she had made a mistake. ‘I know I like him now…but…I still have to join the tournament. I have to beat him in a duel. I shouldn’t have taken that job…agh I’m a mess’ she thought to herself.

After she was done with her morning routine, she left her room in her normal office attire. ‘I need at least a couple more duels or maybe even just one before the tournament. I don’t know what to expect…but I need to be ready for anything’ Kiandra thought to herself as she made it to the dining room, seeing Kaiba checking up on daily news on a tablet with a coffee at hand. Mokuba was scarfing down his breakfast.

“Good morning” Kiandra greeted as the two lifted their heads. “Gud mornin!” Mokuba shouted with pancakes stuffed in his mouth. “It’s about time you woke up. Hurry and eat, we need to leave” Kaiba scuffed earning a rather confused look from her. He’s suddenly an ass again? What happened to that charming man that kissed her last night?

Kiandra clenched her fist but he didn’t notice as she sat down and suddenly a plate was laid down in front of her. “Your favorite Miss Heart” the chief spoke as she looked down to find it was an Egg in the Nest. A poached egg cooked within a hole in toast, the round cut out toast on the side of the plate. “Thank you Jeremy! You can call me Kiandra. No need for formalities” She smiled sweetly up to the older man.

The many times she came over, she was able to have pretty good conversations with the workers who lived in the mansion. Kiandra spoke to Jeremy the most since she always loved to cook and remembered speaking about some of her favorite foods. He smiled back, bowing his head and quickly leaving from the room. Kaiba raised an eyebrow toward her, “Your favorite?”

Kiandra stopped her small happy dance which consist of bouncing side to side, “I had many great conversations with your employees while here with Mokuba. Like your head butler, Wilson, has some amazing stories” she quickly stopped, clearing her throat when she saw Kaiba glare slightly.

He wasn’t truly mad at her with being open to people, more like he was having conflictions with himself. “Hm” he hummed, placing everything he was holding down, “Let’s go”. He stood, walking towards the door as Wilson opened the door for him. “Have a good day at school today Mokuba”
Kiandra ruffled his hair as he giggled, trying to whack her hand away. “Good luck at work!” He shouted out as she approached the front door, causing a small laugh to escape her lips.

“Have a good day Wilson” she said as she passed the butler. He gave a wrinkled smile until his silver mustache. Kiandra slid into the limo and instantly was bombarded with orders from Kaiba. The whole drive there was a list of things for her to do before she clocks for the day. Calling sponsors, making appointments for god knows who, yada yada. She honestly didn’t know much about business in general, that’s why she never bothered owning one herself.

“Great” Kaiba growled under his breath, causing Kiandra to lift her head up. They had stopped in front of Kaiba Crop and who was standing right at the door? None other than Derek with a sly smirk across his face. Kaiba let himself out first, not wanting him to speak with Kiandra. “They said you weren’t in yet so I thought it would be nice just to meet you at the door” Derek spoke smoothly as his eyes lingered past Kaiba and to Kiandra who crawled out.

“I would have rather you not have” Kaiba grumbled, walking up to Derek as Kiandra trailed behind. “Miss Heart, so good to see you. I heard you were fired but I suppose I was mistaken. Though I wouldn’t have mind having you as my assistant” he winked, sparking a flame within Kaiba’s glaring eyes. She blushed, “That’s kind of you Mr. Singleton”. That’s when Kaiba pushed her ahead of him, “Next time make an appointment. Good day” Kaiba growled to him, brushing passed him. Derek only had a smirk as he walked down the steps, “And an appointment I shall make”.

Kaiba continued to push her to the elevator. Kyoko glanced up and shock over took her eyes but soon a huge grin grew on her face. Kiandra waved but was pulled into the elevator just as the doors closed. The ride was quiet until Kaiba decided to speak, “I thought I told you before not to speak to him”. “It’s rude not to respond when spoken to directly, especially to an important client to your company” Kiandra replied. She didn’t feel as afraid of him as before, mostly because she was mad how he was treating her after he kissed her last night.

“I don’t care who he is, you need to obey orders better” He scuffed as Kiandra turned to him, “Excuse me! I’m not your dog. You can’t just treat me like I’ll bend to your beck and will”. Kaiba was a bit bewildered she had actually fought back, but quickly composed himself as he fully turned toward her. He towered over her, causing her to suddenly feel small as she stepped back, hitting her back on the elevator wall. Kaiba took this chance to pin her there, both hands on either side of her head.

Kaiba just couldn’t help himself. He had to admit, he continuously tries to push her away, tries to treat her like any of his employees. Though in the back of his mind he knew it was futile. She was already under his skin, already intoxicating his sense. Kaiba will continue to fight it, but even he knew, it was a losing battle.

“You can’t afford not to obey me” Kaiba brushed his cheeks against hers as he whispered lowly into her ear. She shivered, eyes widened as he pulled away just as the elevator doors opened. Kaiba walked out as Kiandra stumbled behind. She was indeed over her head with him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the long wait! Holidays coming and going. Also been stuck on a game called Destiny. I'm so hooked but no fear! I haven't forgotten. :) Enjoy