Status: I will try my best to also follow the shows story but I also like going my own path as well. I do hope you enjoy and I would love feedback. Maybe even feedback on the title because I'll be honest. Nothing came to mind at the moment ^^

The CEO's Assistant

Chapter Twenty Eight: Unexpected Date

Her mind was flustered beyond what she was used to. Not only is she doing more after being promoted to Seto Kaiba’s first assistant, but now her mind is swimming on Kaiba felt for her. Kiandra was now mingling with her boss, one of the worst decisions she could have made for herself. What would Lucinda think? Kiandra groaned. She could only imagine what she would say.

Lucinda would go on forever about it, probably wishing she didn’t leave. Kiandra finished up the last call of the day. She was nearing the last hour of her shift as well and she felt exhausted. ‘No time to rest though, I need to practice before tomorrow’ Kiandra sighed to herself. She rubbed her eyes, hearing the office doors behind her open. She turned to see Kaiba with a rather furious look upon his face.

“Mr. Kaiba?” Kiandra started but Kaiba snapped, “Derek has threatened to withdraw their shares…if he doesn’t get to have a dinner date with you” he growled. “You’re kidding right?” Kiandra groaned, not so much that Derek wanted to have dinner but the pure fury on his face. “I don’t kid around…it is a childish move for him to make but I can’t risk such things” Kaiba turned to her. “Wait! You’re going to make me go to dinner with him?” Kiandra shouted, soon shrinking when other people in the office peered over their cubicles.

“I’m not very fond of this either but you have no choice in the matter. Singleton industries have been a big part of our company. If they withdraw we will be in trouble” he pinched the upper part of his nose as if trying to relieve a head ache. ‘Why me?’ She thought to herself. First Kaiba makes the moves on her and now another CEO decides to have dinner with her. This is not how she expected her life to go in Japan.

***

“Kiandra?” Mokuba spoke softly, peeking into her room. Kiandra stood, staring at her own reflection wearing the same attire she wore the first time she met Derek. She didn’t feel like looking for another outfit, it was the best she had. She turned her head to with a halfhearted smile, “Hey”. “Are you ok? I heard you have to go on a date with Derek” Mokuba wasn’t pleased with this at all, but there was nothing he could do. “Yeah, I’d like to think this is a professional dinner and not a date…besides…I don’t feel anything for him” She replied, glancing quickly to Mokuba but then back to the mirror, fixing any small mistake.

“Do you like Seto?” Kiandra panicked by this question, “What! Nonono, of course not. He’s my boss, I couldn’t like him…” by the end of the sentence she trailed off. “You do like him!” Mokuba shouted as she quickly dove for him, pulling him close and covering his mouth as he muffled within her palm. “You don’t need to shout it to the whole mansion” she let him go and sighed, “I do…but I don’t see how it could work”.

Kiandra wasn’t prepared to tell Mokuba that Kaiba had kissed her, it just wasn’t necessary. Mokuba smiled sympathetically, “Maybe it will. You don’t know that. He just needs time to warm up since it’s hard for him to be close to people”. “I suppose so” She replied, still not sure. The doorbell run through the mansion causing both of them to cringe. “Here goes nothing” Kiandra sighed.

Kaiba didn’t bother to meet her at the door as he stayed up stairs, out of sight. He watched Wilson open the door and Derek come in, well dressed as if going on a date. Kaiba growled, clenching his fist. Kiandra walked over as Derek smiled to her, “As beautiful as the day I first laid my eyes on you” he gently grabbed her hand, kissing it lightly. She blushed by his touch and looked away, “it’s good to see you as well. Shall we go?”

Derek smiled once more, offering his arm to her as she took it, walking out the door, but not before giving Wilson a reassuring smile. Wilson closed the door and sighed, no one in the mansion was happy that she had to do this.

Kaiba went back to him room as he slammed the door behind him. “Idiot!” He shouted to himself. Ever since he kissed her, he has wanted to make her his. Kaiba may try all he can to push her away, try to hate her, try to treat her like everyone else, but there was no use. His heart slightly fluttered around her. His body urged to touch her, to feel her skin against his. Though now she was out with someone else.

What if she finds she likes him more? Kaiba never did say any of his feelings after kissing her, she could feel used. For all he knows he chased her into another man’s arms. “No…I won’t let that happen…Kiandra is mine”.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, lately my stories are coming out too far apart. I try to do at least one a week if not more but lately I'm experience writer's block. Soon I will get back on track but this is a speed bump that would have came sooner or later D: bare with me.