Status: Completed

The Other Lucker.

One

I sat on the tour bus as I watched all sort of people walk past looking at the bus trying to figure out who Falling Heart was and some where on their phones and trying to Google us. I laughed and sat back down in my seat.

"What's so funny?" Anthony asked me. I pointed out the window behind me and he started to laugh too. I watched Mathias, Kian and Jonah all stare out the window laughing at the really confused people.

"That's adorable." Kian laughed as Dave walked onto the bus.

"Hey guys. Sammie, they only know that you are Mitch's sister but they don't know your band or what you look like." Dave told me. I nodded. "Are you ready for your interview?"

"I am. Let's get to it." I smiled as I put my hat on my head. The walk to the stage was one of the most nerve wrecking things that I had ever done. Not only was I going to talk about my brother to people that loved him but I was going to start my career in the music industry. I stood on the stage with Dave as everyone stood around the stage waiting.

"We are here with Sammie Lucker of Falling Heart. Welcome to Warped Tour, Sammie." Dave the interviewer from Alternative Press smiled at me. Before we started he had told me that no one usually came to watch these interviews but for some reason most of the bands and fans had come to it probably to hear me talk about Mitch and see me for the first time.

"Thank you, man. It's a real honor and privilege to be here. I'm so stoked." I smiled thinking about Mitch and playing with the necklace Mitch had bought me for my birthday but never had the chance to give it to me.

"So what do you do in Falling Heart?" Dave asked me. I smiled at him because no one had any idea who we were because we were knew and only the main people of Warped Tour had heard us perform.

"I'm the singer and I play guitar." I said nodding as I played with the shawl that was on my shoulders. "And screamer." That caused the people that were watching to laugh.

"So I just wanted to give you a rundown of how we do this." He said. I nodded. "We ask questions to get to know you, talk about your music and then we get personal with some questions from people in the crowd. Are you alright with that?"

"Yeah. I have no problem with that. I'm an open book." Dave looked at me like he had seen a ghost. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. That's just the exact same thing Mitch had said in 2010." Dave nervously chuckled.

"What can I say, that man was my best friend." I smiled.

"State your full name." Dave put the microphone in my face but pulled it away when he remembered that I had my own microphone.

"Samantha Danielle Lucker." I said smiling.

"When is your date of birth?" Dave asked. I stopped smiling and look at the ground.

"November 3, 1992." I bit my lip.

"Shit. I'm sorry." He apologized. I shook my head. "Next question, are you in a relationship?"

"No. My last boyfriend broke up with me a month after Mitch had... yeah. It was a really rough year for me." I said nodding as I thought about it.

"So you have a full studio album coming out. What is it called and when will it be out?" Dave asked. I smiled.

"It's called 'Legends Never Die' and it comes out next week." I looked at my drummer Anthony and he gave me a thumb up.

"Do you know what day?" Dave laughed. I turned to Anthony.

"Anthony, what day does it come out?" I yelled loud enough for everyone to hear. Everyone laughed.

"Monday." Anthony told me.

"Monday? Really? That is in less than a week. Like four days." I said which caused everyone to laugh at what I had said.

"What is the album about?"

"In all honesty it is mostly about Mitch and Kenadee and Jolie. We as a band had gotten together when Mitch came back from being here in 2012. He really wanted us to go on the road with him and that was the sole reason we started. When Mitch passed away, I stopped seeing everyone except for Kenadee and Jolie because they were the only ones I could truly relate with. So I lived with them for six months and I wrote 20 powerful songs about how I was feeling." I shook my head. "It has some dark songs but for the most part they are really reminiscent."

"How are they doing?" Dave asked me.

"Functioning." I heaved a sigh to keep myself from crying. "I almost didn't come here but Kenadee asked me to. She said she wanted me to sing like her daddy."

"Here let's go to some question from the people standing here. How many do you mind answering?" Dave asked me.

"That depends on how much time we have." I looked at him. He looked to someone and they came over.

"We will let you know. Everyone get comfy. Sammie, would you like a chair?" The older man asked me. I shook my head.

"I'll be fine." I smiled. He nodded before leaving.

"First question. State your name and ask away." Dave said as he took the extra microphone to the crowd.

"Hi. I'm Liam."

"Hi Liam." I smiled at the blond boy.

"What have you done in honor of Mitch?" Liam asked. I turned around and showed them my calf.

"I got Mitch's face tattooed on my calf about two months after his funeral." I smiled. "It's the only tattoo that I have and I am so proud of it. The tattoo artist did a great job. Looks just like him."

"Hi. I'm Austin Carlile. I'm in a little band called Of Mice And Men." I stopped and looked at him with a big smile on my face.

"Hello Austin." I said happily.

"How close were you to Mitch?" He asked. I smiled again.

"Mitch was my older brother by eight years. I followed him like a puppy because he was the awesome one. He listened to the best bands and had the greatest friends. I wanted to be just like him. When he got his first tattoo, I went with him and I held his hand. I remember him telling me how it felt but that was because I wanted to be covered in tattoos. He talked me out of it along with facial piercings because he would always tell me that I was going to grow up to be astonishingly gorgeous and he'd have to Lucker stomp every loser that came too close." I laughed. "When he moved out, I spent more time at his house than at my parents. Not because I didn't like my parents but because Mitch was like my other half. He was literally the only friend I had my entire life until I met my band mates. Now I feel like Mitch is always with me no matter where I go and that feels amazing."

"That was beautiful. I had the honor of knowing your brother." Austin said. I nodded.

"I know. He would call me everyday while at Warped Tour and tell me every detail of his day. You came up a few times." I smiled thinking back on those memories. "How about you come up here and join me. I'm alone up here."

"No you aren't! Mitch is with you!" Someone yelled from the crowd. I dropped the microphone from my face and turned from the crowd as I cried. Everyone went silent and the sound of the microphone being passed could be heard from the speakers. I was about to turn around when I was given a hug. I gave the person a squeeze and turned back to the crowd.

"Whoever said that, I love you and thank you." I said smiling. "Next question please."

"Hi. I'm Amanda."

"My parents almost named me Amanda. But they decided that the initials ADL sounds like an alarm company. Mitch and I used to tell them that SDL sounds like a drug or some sexually transmitted disease." I said causing everyone to laugh. "What's your question, darling?"

"I hope I don't upset anyone but can you Lucker Stomp?" I smiled at her question because it was a great memory of Mitch teaching me.

"I guess we will have to see when I perform tonight." I smiled. Austin put his arm over my shoulder.

"Hello Sammie. My name is..."

"I know who you are."

"Well. I'm Andy Biersack for those in the crowd who had no idea. I'm in Black Veil Brides." Andy said looking at me from the crowd. I nodded. "Do you plan on getting more tattoos?"

"Yes. I'm going to cover my entire left leg with the faces of people who meant the world to me and Mitch. I'm going to be getting Kenadee here pretty soon. Somewhere near Mitch, obviously but I want my entire leg with nothing but portraits."

"Hi. My name is Miguel. Can you tell us about your last memory with Mitch?" I looked at him and smiled as I thought about it.

"The day before the accident we had gone to lunch and like we always did, we took me to get ice cream because I was his baby sister. Well anyway I walked in to check out the flavors they had since it was a new place to us. As I was looking Mitch was outside talking on the phone. He came in and noticed that the guy behind the counter was checking me out. Mitch walked up and told the dude to stop looking and the guy froze. He apologized and told Mitch he was a huge fan. Well anyway we got our ice cream and Mitch was tell me jokes that weren't even funny. Gosh, I miss that kid."

"Me too." The crowd said. I smiled at all of them

"What is one thing that Mitch always used to tell you as a pep talk? Oh. I'm Oliver Sykes from the band Bring Me The Horizon." Oli said as Dave came back to the stage where I was standing with Austin Carlile.

"First of all, thank you so much for what you are doing for Kenadee. You are an absolute angel. And wow. Now that is a great question. Anyone who has gotten a pep talk from Mitch knows that they are serious business. Growing up Mitch would always bring me a cup of chocolate milk and he would sit on the edge of my bed near my knees and he would leave over me to look me in the face. Once we got older we would go get coffee and sit across from each other. He would start off by saying some type of joke that was never funny but he would tell it just to get me to laugh. Then we would say, 'Sammie, you know I love you, right? I mean you are my baby sister and I would do anything for you except bail you out of jail right away. I'd make your ass wait to learn a lesson. But regardless I want to see you happy because seeing you happy makes me happy. Just never and I mean never let a gun be your reason for happiness. You have to be the reason you are happy.' Then he would let me tell him what was keeping me in bed and then he would give the greatest advice." I smiled thinking about my brother.

"What was the best piece of advice that he gave you?" Austin asked me.

"The best? All of it. The one that I keep in mind at all times? 'Keep your chin up, kid. Life gets better.' It was his way of telling me that everything would be fine in the end." I smiled.

"I'm Travis Clark of We The Kings. What kind of lifestyle do you live? One like Mitch's?" Travis asked me. I shook my head.

"I don't drink unless its like a holiday. I'm vegan. But I smoke too much. Mitch hated how much I smoked." I sighed. "I don't do drugs and I'm addicted to painting my nails."

"Hi. I'm Ashley Purdy also from Black Veil Brides. I don't have a question but I really wish I would have gotten the chance to meet your brother. He sounds like a really great person. My condolences go to you and your family." He said looking at me.

"I have this urge to just hug everyone right now." I said to the crowd. "I'm getting a sign that looks like no more. Make sure you guys all go to the show tonight to get the first peak at five of the songs on my band's new album 'Legends Never Die.' You won't regret it." I smiled at everyone. I walked off stage with Austin and my band pulled me into a hug.

"You did good, kiddo." They said as I smiled at them. They were all Mitch's age so they were like my older brothers.

"I bet that was tough." Anthony said as he looked at me. "You never really talk about him."

"There is a reason that I don't. It makes me sad. Now let's give some hugs and get on stage." I want to the ground where everyone was standing. Some fans had left while most of the bands had stayed to talk to me. "Who wants a Lucker hug?"

A must have hugged a one hundred people or so. Not only did I get hugs but I was also told by everyone how much they loved my brother and how they felt about him and how much they missed him. Some of them shared tears with me and joked around with me. The bands gave me their numbers.

"I need to go and get ready for the show. I literally have like 20 minutes to look gorgeous." I smiled at everyone. "Will I see every last one of you at the show?" I got a very loud yes and ran off to go and get ready for the first show of my career with my band.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sammie's Outfit