Status: In progress

Half a Heart

Cuando el amor no es locura, no es amor

-Maria:
I spent the rest of the day with Leo, and we agreed to use Skype and take advantage of every holiday I had free from school, and he'd use his off-days to visit me. The big issue that we were going to face was keeping this from my family and the world, we decided that we needed time for ourselves before tackling my family and the rest of the world. I sighed and zipped up my bag, slowly packing while Leo laid on my bed, playing with his phone.

"Xavi's going to drive Anna to the airport, and I'll drive you." Leo said, sitting up and looking at me. I nodded and went back to packing. When I was done, I joined Leo on the bed and poked his cheek. He smiled and looked up at me.

"When do we have to leave?" he asked softly, and I closed my eyes.

"In about an hour." I whispered sadly and he stopped playing with his phone and turned his attention towards me.

"When will I get to kiss you again?" he asked softly, playing with my hair. I sighed and kissed him lightly.

"Well, I just had easter break, so I'm afraid there's no holiday until summer break that's in june." I said pressing my forehead against his.

"Two months." he gulped, his finger tracing my face. I looked at him sadly, it was going to be difficult to be away from him for two months.

"Yes, but then I'm yours for almost three whole months amor." I said and he smiled at the nickname, it was the first time I called him anything but Leo.

"it'll be worth it then, I can bring you over to Argentina as well." he said and I smiled, I couldn't wait for summer.

"I can't wait to meet your family amor." I said and his face lit up.

"Really querida?" he asked playfully.

"Really hombre." I said and kissed his cheek. He laughed and hugged me tight. Before we knew it, it was time to go and I grabbed my coat as Leo grabbed my suitcase and we walked out slowly.
We got in his car and he drove off, keeping one hand on the wheel and one hand on my knee, rubbing slowly. I smiled contently, I was going to miss his touch so much.

At the airport, Leo came with me to check in and drop my luggage, as I got my boarding card, he wrapped his arm around me tightly. We walked to the gate and stopped outside the security control to say goodbye.

I glanced at his disguise, the same ridiculous cap and sunglasses that he had when we first met, and sighed.

"What would happen if you stayed amor?" Leo asked quietly. I sighed, I wish there was some way for me to stay, I truly wish there was, but there wasn't.

"Well for one I'd miss out on school, and my mom would have a heart attack." I said softly, looking up at him and running my hand through his shaggy brown hair.

"Ok, I just needed to hear it one more time amor." he said and I hugged him tight, feeling my eyes tearing up.

"hey, don't cry querida, we'll see each other soon, I'll try to visit you as soon as I can, this is not goodbye forever amor, I'm not letting you go, not now, not ever." he said as tears ran down my face. I sniffed and nodded.

"I've had the best time of my life these last four days and it's all because of you Leo, I'm just going to miss you so much." I mumbled, feeling a fresh wave of tears running down my face. He lifted my head up and looked me in the eyes, then he kissed me passionately and I immediately kissed him back, deepening the kiss. It wasn't until they called out my flight that I let go of Leo, kissed him one last time and went through security control. As I went to leave, I took one last glance at him, staring at me from behind security and I sighed, blowing him a kiss and finally leaving.

I walked to the gate, feeling miserable. When I arrived at the gate I found Anna, as soon as she saw me she hugged me tightly.

"You're going to be ok." she whispered as she saw my red puffy eyes, and wrapped her arm around me.

"i'm just going to miss him so much, it'll be difficult to be away from him for two months." I said and she nodded. We got on the plane and found our seats. I curled up in my seat and stared out the window, watching Barcelona disappear and get smaller and smaller as the plane got up in the air.

For the first time ever, I didn't feel scared whilst flying, I was to miserable to notice the slight turbulence, all I could do was stare out the window and think about Leo. We'd only known each other for less than four days, and he's already changed my entire life. I felt alive for the first time when I was with Leo, and now I feel drained and depressed, slowly turning back to how I was before Barcelona.

About four hours later, the captain announced that we were about to land. I was now in Stockholm, more than a thousand miles away from him. Back to routine's and school, I thought as we landed, the plane touched the ground violently and I felt a tear make it's way down my face. I quickly wiped it away, knowing that would call and hear his voice soon.

"What happened with you and Xavi?" I asked Anna softly, turning around for the first time during the flight, and acknowledging her.

"We spent some time together, but decided that it was too early to call it a relationship, but we're keeping in touch." she said and blushed.

"You like him." I teased slightly, winking at her. She nodded and blushed a bit more.

"Well I think you should definitely keep in touch, he seems like a great guy Ann." I said and she smiled.

"And Leo is amazing too Midget." she said and I nodded.

"I know." I said simply smiling at the thought of him.

"What are you going to tell your family?" she asked calmly. I bit my lip and looked at her.

"We're keeping it a secret for a while, but I'm not giving him up, I just want to wait until after graduation, so I can find a place when they kick me out." I said and she nodded.

"You know you can count on me if you need someone to cover for you." she said and I smiled and nodded, thankful that she understood. We got our luggage, and went to our families. I sighed and got mentally ready for thing's turning back to normal. I saw my family down the aisle waiting for me, and I forced a smile on my face and went towards them.

"Hi sweetie!" Mom said, hugging me and kissing my cheek. I smiled at her and nodded. Araz hugged me tight as well and took my suitcase. We walked to the car and drove away. The twenty minute ride home went by fast, and as soon as I got in my room, I shut the door and turned the light off so they would think I went to sleep. I grabbed my phone and quickly called Leo, biting my lip.

"Amor?" he said excitedly and I smiled at finally hearing his voice again.

"Hi Leo." I whispered and plopped down in bed.

"Did you make it home, was the flight ok, why are you whispering?" he asked and I giggled as I quietly as I could.

"Yes everything was fine, and everyone thinks I'm sleeping so I have to whisper, besides get used to it, if I'm gonna call you when they're home this is what it's going to be like." I said smiling.

"I know amor, when do you think I can see your face?" he asked, and I closed my eyes.

"Well I have school tomorrow, so I'll call you on my way home, and we can skype as soon as I get some privacy in my room ok?" I said, and he agreed. We spent the next couple of hours just talking, and eventually had to hang up since we were both exhausted.

I woke up to my alarm and I groaned, it was way to early and I wasn't ready for school. I sighed and got up to take a shower and get ready. As usual no one was home. I decided to skip breakfast today and got in the shower. After taking my shower, I put on my clothes and left for school.

School was harder than I thought it would be. For some reason it was difficult to concentrate when all I could think of was calling Leo. This was going to be more difficult then I thought it would be.

I was currently in history class and sat alone, taking notes and feeling miserable. Suddenly my phone vibrated and I stopped taking notes, taking a quick look at my phone. I had a text message from Leo. I decided to read it, since I had covered the most important things m teacher said in my notes already.

How are you amor? I miss you
xx
Leo
It said and I quickly replied to him and promised him to call him after school. The rest of the day passed and before I knew it I was on my way home. I quickly dialed Leo's number as I went down the escalator to the subway.

"Querida!" he breathed and I sighed, relaxed at hearing his voice again.

"Amor!" I replied teasing him, knowing he loved when I called him that. He growled playfully and I laughed.

"I miss you." I said and sighed, this was truly so difficult.

"I know amor, I do too, but we'll make this, we're strong querida." he said and I agreed.

We could do this.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 11! So day one of long distance.. lets se what'll happen..

Happy reading
xx