Status: In progress

Half a Heart

El amor, como ciego que es, impide a los amantes ver las divertidas tonterĂ­as que cometen

-Maria:
Leo had to leave yesterday, but promised to be back in two weeks to pick me up from this place. I stayed home from school today, I didn't feel good at all. I'd spent the entire night crying, but I didn't tell Leo that. He had a match today that he needed to focus for, so every time he called on Skype or just the phone, I made sure that I looked ok and forced a smile on my face. The last thing he needed was loosing a game because of me.

My entire family had ignored me every since the fight, my mother even made my little sister stay away from me. I cried so hard when my little sister, that I loved more than anything, ignored me and glared at me. I guess this was her way of punishing me. I closed my eyes and gulped, it's only two more weeks I kept telling myself, and hopefully that would help somehow. Suddenly Leo called me on Skype and I took a quick look in the mirror, wiping away any trace of tears that I had left on my face and forced a smile when his face popped up on the screen.

"How are you holding up amor?" he asked looking at me concerned. I sighed and rubbed my eyes.

"I'm ok considering the situation Leo, don't worry amor." I said and he sighed.

"You're not ok, I can tell, I just wish I could get you out of there sooner." he whispered and I smiled at him weakly.

"It's ok Leo, really, I miss you so much, but I'm going to spend some time with Anna, to distract myself and then the two weeks will pass by quickly, and you need to focus on yourself tonight ok?" I said seriously and he nodded.

"Promise me, Leo." I said again and he just looked at me before sighing.

"I promise amor." he said and I smiled at him.

"I love you so much Leo, and I wish you the best of luck tonight, wish I was there to see you play again." I said making him smile widely.

"Te amo mas que la vida propia" he said making me blush. Suddenly his friends appeared behind him and I giggled.

"Seems like we've got company." I said and he laughed.

"I have to go now querida, but stay strong for me and I'll give you a call later tonight ok?" he said and I nodded.

"Good luck amor." I said and he blew me a kiss before hanging up. I sighed and laid on my bed, closing my eyes and soon I fell asleep.

I woke up to chatter. Great, they're home I thought as I got up to lock my room. The last thing I needed was someone coming into my room uninvited. I stretched and picked up my phone, seeing that I had a missed call from Leo. I smiled and dialed his number to call him back.

"Amor?" he answered a bit worried and I sighed.

"Hi Leo, sorry I fell asleep." I said and he sighed.

"Good, I thought they took your phone away or something." he said and I laughed.

"You're becoming a bit too paranoid." I teased and he laughed.

"So I see you had a good nap." he said softly and I laughed.

"How was the game?" I asked curiously and waited for him to answer.

"It was great, we won." he said proudly and I grinned.

"Knew you would baby, I'm proud of you." I said and he laughed. We kept talking for an hour or so, until I forced him to get some rest and after spending forever talking him over, he agreed and we hung up. I decided to give Anna a call and talk to her about Xavi, she seemed so down before.
I dialed her number and waited for her to pick up.

"Hello?" she answered seeming out of breath and in the background I heard something like "baby hang up" and I laughed loudly.

"So Anna, spending some time with Xavi I see." I teased and laughed some more.

"Oh shut up, I know you've been spending some alone time with Leo as well." she said and I giggled.

"Oh but I caught you red handed, here I was going to call you since you seemed so depressed about Xavi a couple of days ago, and look what I caught." I said teasing her some more.

"Oh don't get me started on you and Leo, the other day when you came to school you had sex written all over you." she said and I gasped playfully.

"So you're together now." I mused and she just giggled.

"I'll take that as a yes then, look I'm not gonna bother you guys anymore, but do you wanna hang out sometime after school tomorrow?" I asked, and we agreed on meeting up tomorrow after school.

For some reason I felt tired all over again, and decided to get some more sleep. It was better to sleep then sitting here stuck in my room anyways. I ended up sleeping the rests of the night and woke up in the morning. I groaned and got up, I had no idea why I felt so tired.

After taking a shower and getting dressed, I decided to give Leo a call, I dialed his number and put him on speaker as I fixed some breakfast.

"Hola mi amor!" he answered and I smiled.

"Hola hermoso." I replied back and he laughed.

"I have a feeling there'll be no problem teaching you spanish amor." he said and I laughed.

"Yeah I'm a fast learner, I think I'll be on my way of getting fluent after spending three months with you this summer." I said and he laughed again.

"I called my family querida, and told them all about you, they are really excited to see you." he said and I smiled.

"I'm excited to see them as well Leo." I said and he sighed.

"How has it been amor?" he asked softly and I closed my eyes.

"It's been difficult, I'm not going to lie Leo, but I'll be fine." I said and he was quiet.

"I know you will nena, just stay strong and try distracting yourself with something, for me?" he asked and I sipped my coffee.

"I'll try amor, I'm planning to see Anna today, maybe I'll spend some nights over at her house." I said softly and he agreed.

"That'll be great for you nena." he said and we continued talking some more, until it was time for me to go to school

I trudged through the neighborhood walking slowly to the subway station, it was getting warmer and warmer everyday. I guess it was expected, we were in the last days of may after all.

As I got in school, Anna immediately ran to me and hugged me tightly.

"I'm so sorry midget." she said and I tensed, who told her?

"Leo told Xavi, and I was there and heard everything, I'm coming home with you today so we can grab all your stuff and move you into my house." she said and I smiled at her gratefully, a tear slipping down my face.

"But are you sure Anna, is it ok with your parents?" I asked and she nodded quickly.

"I told them, and they actually suggested it, you were treated like dirt and it's unfair Maria." she said and I looked down.

"Hey, you've done nothing wrong ok?, you just fell in love and your mother couldn't handle it, besides she treated you like dirt anyways." she said and I looked at her, hugging her tightly. I don't know what I'd do without her.

After school, we went over to my house and I started packing the essential stuff, leaving most of it there. I wanted to leave all my memories right there, I didn't want anything that reminded me of them with me. After grabbing the things I wanted, we went out and I locked the house, throwing my keys in the mail. This was it, I was officially done with my family.

We spent most of the night sorting in my stuff and then talking in Anna's room. We spoke about everything that happened and just had fun. Suddenly Anna cleared her throat, looking at me seriously.

"Umm Maria, did you use protection when you were with Leo?" she asked and I blushed and nodded quickly. She sighed and closed her eyes. I noticed something weird about her and decided to ask.

"Did YOU use protection when you were with Xavi?" I asked slowly and she looked at me, her eyes brimming with tears.

"Most times, but I think we missed once or twice." she said as tears ran down her face. I suddenly understood where she was going with this.

"You're pregnant aren't you?" I whispered and she nodded, sobbing quietly. I went over to her and wrapped my arms around her shaking form tightly.

"Have you told Xavi?" I asked and she shook her head.

"You have to tell him Ann, he'll be hurt if you hide this from him, but the decision is yours and yours only." I whispered and she nodded.

"When do you want to tell him?" I asked her softly and she rubbed her eyes.

"Now?" she whispered, and I nodded and grabbed her phone, dialing Xavi's number and putting him on speaker. Staying as quiet as possible.

"Baby?" he answered and Anna stayed quiet for a while and I looked at her, encouraging her to speak.

"Xavi, I need to tell you something." she said quietly.

"Have you been crying nena?" he asked and she sighed.

"It doesn't matter, I need to tell you something important, do you have a minute?" she asked and he said yes.

"I'm pregnant Xavi." she muttered and I heard him gasp. He was silent for a while, before he hung up.

"He's mad, he's going to leave." Anna said crying hard. I hugged her again, trying to calm her down.

"You know I won't let him get away that easily Ann, how about I call Leo and tell him to talk to Xavi and if he won't budge then either, I'll call him myself." I said determined, and she nodded. I borrowed her phone and dialed Leo's number, still holding Anna tightly.

"Hola?" I heard Leo saying rather formally, probably because it was an unknown number.

"Leo amor it's me, can I talk to you or are you busy?" I asked softly.

"I always have time for you nena, what is it?" he asked softly and I smiled.

"Anna is pregnant, and she just told Xavi, he freaked out and hung up, would you mind talking to him about manning up and facing this, he is the father and has some responsibility in this." I said and Anna smiled at me.

"Wow that's not like the Xavi I know, but I'll talk to him amor, are you with her right now?" he asked and I smiled.

"Yes, I'm staying with Anna until you come and get me." I answered and rubbed Anna's back comforting her some more.

"That's amazing nena, tell her I said thank you, and I'll sort Xavi out, don't worry." he said and I smiled, I knew he would understand.

"Thank you Leo, I love you." I whispered and closed my eyes.

"Te amo mi amor, I miss you." he said and I sighed, we said goodbye and hung up so he could go talk to Xavi.

"He'll come around Ann, I know Leo won't let him get away without an explanation." I said and she sighed.

"But Xavi's one of his best friends." she said sadly and I shook my head.

"It doesn't matter, I know Leo and when it comes to pregnancy he'll always take your side, especially when he knows your right and deserve better, no matter if Xavi is one of his best friends, he won't let him get away that easily." I promised her and she smiled.

"Have you thought of what to do?" I asked her softly and she nodded.

"I spoke to my mom about it, and she said it's either abortion, adoption or keeping it." she said and I closed my eyes.

"But since I simply don't have the heart to abort it or give it up to adoption, I'll keep it, I wouldn't want to be abandoned by my own mother if I was a baby." she said and I smiled, it was the right decision, hell I wouldn't be able to do that to my child either.

"I'm proud of you Anna, and you know that I'm here for you all the way." I said and she nodded smiling. We spent the rest of the night watching titanic and eating ice cream until her phone finally rang. I paused the movie and answered.

"Hello?" I said loudly and heard someone sigh.

"Can you hand the phone to Anna amor?" Leo said and I figured he was sitting with Xavi. I nodded and gave Anna the phone, nodding at her. She spent the next thirty minutes talking with Xavi. At first she seemed angry, then somewhat calm. Suddenly she gave the phone to me and told me she was going to the bathroom.

"Amor?" Leo said on the other line and I smiled.

"Did it go ok?" I asked biting my lip and he laughed.

"More than ok amor, Xavi's actually over the moon, he was just shocked before." he said and I rolled my eyes.

"Well next time he can be shocked in a different way, he almost broke her heart." I said and laughed a little.

"Understandable." Leo said and we both laughed.

"You're not pregnant right?" Leo asked softly and I frowned.

"No, I'm not." I said shortly and he sighed.

"Thank god!" he said and laughed a bit. I stayed silent, what if I'd be pregnant, would he leave? His reaction to this hurt a bit, did this mean I didn't know Leo as much as I think I did?
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 14!!
So I'll be updating as much as I can for the next couple of days, because school starts on wednesday next week for me, and after that I'm not sure how much time I'll have to update.

So what do you think about Leo's reaction?

Happy reading!
xxx