Status: In progress

Half a Heart

El amor abre todas las puertas; el rencor las cierra

-Maria:
I spent the rest of that night, deciding to shrug off the doubts about Leo's reaction, and focused more on Anna. She needed me right now. We just spent the rest of the weekend laying in bed and watching movies, oh yes and eating ice cream. The only major different thing was that I hadn't bothered to call Leo during the weekend, and he didn't call me either. I guess he was busy, I however didn't want to talk to him at the moment. It's weird, as if some part of me got disappointed when he was so relived by me not being pregnant, it felt like he didn't want kids period, and I knew I wanted kids someday, so now I was doubting things a bit. I know it's ridiculous, but I felt this way somehow. And this kept me from calling Leo.

Sunday night came and me and Anna plopped down on the couch, feeling exhausted. We had been shopping, going to her first doctor's appointment and fixed some of my paper work for Barcelona. Needless to say it had been hectic, and now we were both pretty knackered.

"I'm sooo tired." I whined and Anna chuckled.

"I'm the pregnant one and you're tired." she mused and I laughed. Suddenly my phone rang and I looked over and saw it was Leo. I didn't know whether to answer or not, but Anna gave me a look and I sighed before answering.

"Hello?" I sighed and plopped back down on the couch.

"Amor?" Leo said softly and I sighed, no matter how weird I was feeling, I did miss his voice.

"What is it Leo?" I asked softly, wincing at how uncaring I probably sounded.

"I just miss you amor, what's wrong?" he said quietly and I sighed before walking into Anna's room to get some privacy.

"I don't know Leo, I'm just tired." I lied, not wanting him to know how I felt.

"I know there's something else nena, please tell me?" he said and I closed my eyes.

"It's just, you seemed so relieved when I said I wasn't pregnant, and I know it's completely ridiculous, but somehow I feel like you don't want kids in the future and I do, and I guess that's just made me think a but." I whispered softly and I heard him exhale deeply.

"Nena, I'd love to have kids with you someday, hell if the time was right I'd say I want one right now, I love you and I love kids, there's nothing more that I want then have kids with you, I was just a bit relieved because now isn't the right time, with all your school work and everything else, it needs time amor." he said and I sighed.

"I'm sorry amor, it's just every since the fight I guess I've been over analyzing things, and with Anna being pregnant it just triggered something in me I guess." I said and relaxed, I had missed him more than I let on.

"I understand amor, besides I guess being around your best friend being pregnant, I assumed it would trigger you in some way, and just know that I'd be over the moon if you were pregnant, but with all the stress right now it's for the best that you're not." he said and I smiled.

"So what have you been doing Leo?" I asked and he laughed.

"Well, been training mostly and sleeping, went out with the guys last night though." he said and I smiled.

"Well I'm glad you had fun Leo, you deserve it." I said and he chuckled some more.

"What have you been doing then mi amor?" he asked and I went back in the living room and plopped down the couch next to Anna.

"Well I've been dealing with some paper work for Barcelona, been shopping a little and taken miss pregnant over here to her doctor's appointment." I said and Anna threw a pillow my way that hit my arm, I just laughed.

"Wow sounds like you've been busy amor, I miss you." he said and I smiled.

"I miss you too, only about a week left." I said and smiled.

"I'll see you in a week mi amor, god knows I've missed you here close to me." he said and I giggled.

"Well you know what they say, absence makes the heart grow fonder." I teased and he growled playfully.

"Well I don't like absence." he said shortly and I laughed.

"I love you." I said and smiled.

"Te amo mi amor, I'll see you soon." he said making me smile before hanging up.

I went back to the living room to find Anna asleep on the couch. I smiled and poked her gently on the arm, so she could move and sleep in bed. She groaned and opened her eyes.

"Come on sleepy head, lets move this party to your bed." I said and she smiled and got up.

"Your an amazing friend Anna, I think I wanna name you godmother of my baby." she said and I gasped.

"Really?" I asked shyly and she laughed.

"of course, that is if you want to obviously." she said and got in bed.

"Of course, It'd be an honor." I said and she smiled. I smiled and plopped on my bed, I was so excited to see Leo and get out of here. I fell asleep soon after that, feeling content.

I woke up next morning to Anna being sick. I got up and rushed to the bathroom, rubbing her back as she threw up. She smiled at me weakly as I grabbed some paper towels for her. I grabbed her arm and took her into the living room, helping her sit down on the couch as I got up to bring her some water.

"You didn't have to do that, but thank you." she rasped out and I shook my head.

"I know it sucks to throw up, especially when there's no one to help you, you should have woken me up." I said and she smiled. We had breakfast and left for school, today I had my last exam and it felt amazing. It was an oral one in english, so I had to wait for my turn.

Our teacher called my name and Anna whispered "good luck" to me and I smiled before walking in. It wasn't that difficult, we were supposed to hold a speech about dreams, and honestly it was really simple.

After the exam we had lunch and I joined Anna and the rest of the class in the lunch hall. Today the entire class had lunch together, probably because it was the last week of school before summer and all.

"So Maria, you're dating Lionel Messi." one of the guys asked me, making me roll my eyes.

"Yes Jacob, what's it to you?" I said, looking at him briefly before starting to eat. He looked at me strangely and I rolled my eyes.

"What did you do to make him want to date your ugly ass anyways, did you sell out your v-card?" he said and made the others wolf whistle and cheer loudly. I looked down and didn't say anything. Hoping that he'd stop.

"Shut up Jacob!" Anna yelled but he ignored her.

"Well I guess the silence confirms it, you're such a desperate slut." he spat and I got up, feeling tears rush down my face as I threw my food away, running up the stairs and into the bathroom. I needed to call Leo, he was the only one who could help me at the minute. I dialed his number, hoping that he'd answer.

"Leo?" I whimpered and felt a fresh wave of tears run down my face.

"Amor?, why are you crying?" he asked frantically and I sniffed and told him about what happened.

"I'm going to kill them." he growled out and I sighed.

"Where are you right now amor?" he asked and I took a deep breath.

"In school." I said softly, calming down.

"It was supposed to be a surprise amor, but I'm here, where in school are you?" he asked and I smiled, he was here.

"In the bathroom." I said and he hung up, I suppose he was getting up here. I walked out of the bathroom and there he was. He walked up to me and hugged me tight, it felt like home. I had missed him so much. I looked up and kissed him hard. Eventually we broke apart and I looked him in the eyes.

"I wanna leave right now. Let's go." I said and dragged him out of school. As we walked away from school, he stopped suddenly, making me stop as well.

"Leave where?" he asked and I smiled.

"Barcelona." I answered simply and he smiled. We went home to Anna and I started packing. Suddenly Anna came home and her eyes widened when she saw me packing.

"Are you leaving?" she asked softly and I nodded.

"Well hold on then, I just spoke to Xavi and I'm going to Barcelona as well." she said and I smiled, hugging her tight.

"So how are you feeling Anna?" Leo asked and she groaned in response.

"Extremely pregnant." she answered and we laughed. It wasn't difficult to get ready, it was the leaving part that was a bit difficult. I sighed as I took one last look at what was my home and left the house.

"You're not leaving entirely querida, we're coming back in September remember?" he said and rubbed my arm. I smiled at him and kissed him lightly, enjoying the feel of his lips against mine.

We soon were in the airport waiting to board the plane and I gulped. This time I wasn't completely depressed with leaving Leo, so I felt my fear of flying coming back. I gripped Leo's hand as we found our seats and he frowned.

"Did I ever tell you about my fear of flying?" I asked him nervously and he shook his head.

"Well truth is I've always been scared of the plane crashing, so I'm terrified." I gulped, fastening my seatbelt and burying my head in Leo's chest. He laughed and kissed my head.

"There's nothing to worry about amor, the plane won't crash, I promise." he said and I just kept my head buried in his chest, inhaling his scent. I wonder how I would make the long plane ride to Argentina, I thought as the plane started moving. I focused on the sound of Leo's heartbeat to distract myself, and to my surprise it worked. It seemed as if he really was my safe haven.

"We're up in the air now amor." he said softly and I slowly lifted my head up, smiling at him. He kissed me softly and I leaned back into my seat, still gripping his hand tightly, refusing to let go. For the rest of the plane ride I actually fell asleep, and I woke up to Leo kissing me softly. I smiled and opened my eyes.

"Welcome home mi amor." he said and I looked out the window to see Barcelona. I sighed contently, I was finally home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 15
So she finally reunites with Leo and goes home. Next is the trip to Argentina!

I might be wrong, but I feel writers block coming, I hope I'm wrong, but if I don't update, then I blame it on writers block hehe, now I''m off to sleep.

Happy reading
xxx