Status: In progress

Half a Heart

A flower cannot blossom without sunshine, and a man cannot live without love

-Maria:
Every since my mother made that interview, things have been extremely hectic. Everywhere we went, there were photographers, reporters and fans, asking about the interview and how we're still together. Leo's been by my side at all times, not letting me go out on my own, scared that someone would mob me and injure me and our baby. I've been an emotional wreck, but trying my hardest to keep it together for our baby, losing the baby would kill both me and Leo.

"How are you feeling querida?" Leo asked and walked over to me, putting his hand on my stomach. I sighed and smiled at him weakly.

"I'm ok." I whispered and he nodded.

"We have to make a statement mi amor, or I do, you just need to be present so they'll know it's not fake." he said and I nodded, I had a feeling it would come down to this.

"I'll arrange for an interview somewhere, do you want to sue your mother for the condoms?" he asked and I sighed. A while ago we had taken a look at security cameras and seen that it was my mother who made holes in all the condoms, but I didn't sue back then because I felt that I didn't want to.

"Am I horrible for wanting to sue her?" I asked and he sighed, kissing my forehead softly.

"No you're not amor, what she's done is inexcusable and I'd say she stopped being your mother a long time ago." he said and I nodded.

"I'll fix up a meeting with my lawyers for suing her as soon as possible, but I'll give it some time in case you change your mind." he said and I smiled at him. After that Leo spent most the time on the phone, and I decided to call Anna and see if she'd come over, I needed some company.

"Midget!" Anna answered cheerily and I laughed, she always made me feel better.

"Hey Anns, do you want to come over here and keep me company?, I need someone to eat ice cream and watch titanic with." I said and she laughed.

"Absolutely, I'm with the girls right now and we'll be there in about 15 min." she said and I smiled.

"That's great, are the guys coming over too?, I think Leo needs some company as well." I asked and she agreed, so they were all coming over in about 15 min. Leo walked into the living room and wrapped his arms around me from the back, and kissed my neck lightly. I giggled and turned around.

"That tickles." I said and he laughed. We plopped down on the couch and he put his hand on my stomach again.

"So the guys are coming over to take you out, and I'm staying home with the girls, watching titanic." I said and he nodded.

"That's good, we both need some company, and I don't want you outside the house without me at the moment." he said and I nodded. After a while there was a knock on the door and Leo got up to open. The guys immediately dragged Leo out and the girls stepped in. They all hugged me and I smiled as Daniella and Shakira had their children with them.

"Maria, I'd like you to introduce you to the reason of my existence, this is Milan!" Shakira said and I smiled, kneeling down to his level and smiled at him.

"Hola Milan, I'm Maria." I cooed at him and he smiled. Next I grabbed Lia from Daniella and kissed Lia's chubby cheeks. We walked to the living room and sat down, Anna put on the movie whilst I cuddled and played with Lia. Milan was sitting in Shakira's lap, watching us curiously.

"You're going to be an amazing madre you know." Shakira said and I smiled at her.

"Why?" I asked curiously and she smiled.

"You're a natural with children, Milan's usually not that keen with strangers, but he's absolutely taken with you, look." she said and I giggled at Milan who was smiling at me. He was adorable. I put Lia down and made my way over to him, ruffling his hair and kissing his cheek. He laughed and I smiled, picking him up and placing him in my lap.

"He's adorable." I said and Shakira smiled. We put on the movie and by now Lia had crawled over to me and Milan, and I'd placed her next to us. Now usually I cry a river when I'm watching Titanic, but this time I kept playing with Lia and Milan, so I got distracted. Which was pretty good, considering the fact that I needed something to cheer me up.

The movie was coming to an end and I sniffled. Both Lia and Milan had fallen asleep sometime an hour ago, so now I had nothing to distract me from Titanic. Just as Rose went on the door I sighed and more tears ran down my face.

"I've never understood why they didn't share the door." I said, blowing my nose slightly.

"You know it wouldn't be able to hold them both." Anna said and I rolled my eyes.

"Oh damn you and your physics." I said and they all laughed. Suddenly the front door opened and the guys stepped in. Leo came to me and wiped my tears away frowning before he took a look at the tv and rolled his eyes when he realized it was Titanic.

"Why did you choose such a depressing movie amor." he laughed and I rolled my eyes.

"It's beautiful, hombre." I said and he nodded, he knew that with my hormones, he'd better leave me alone.

"We better get this sleepyhead home Shakira." Gerard said and carefully picked up Milan from where he'd passed out in my lap and I smiled.

"Yeah, I'll see you later Maria, and we have to plan your baby shower soon." Shakira smirked, winking at me before joining her boyfriend. They all left and Leo plopped down on the couch next to me.

"So you didn't drink tonight." I said and played with his shaggy hair, he laughed and nodded.

"I don't want to drink when you can't, it's unfair." he said and I smiled, how did I get so lucky?.

"That's incredibly sweet amor, but you know you don't have to." I said and kissed him softly.

"I want to be a part of this pregnancy as much as you are, and if that means not drinking, then it's worth it." he said and I laughed. We went into our bedroom and I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

I woke up groaning as Leo planted kisses all over my stomach. I got up slowly and Leo grinned at me, replacing his mouth with his hand and stroking my stomach. I giggled, he loved to talk and kiss my stomach all the time.

"Ready for the three month checkup mi amor?" he asked excitedly and I smiled.

"As ready as I can be, but you seem so much more excited then I am." I teased and he laughed.

"I just can't wait to see him/her and hear our baby's heartbeat again." he said and I nodded, truthfully I'd been waiting for this appointment, just so I could hear my baby's heartbeat again. It was something indescribable, you'd have to do it to understand. We had a quick breakfast and went to the car, Leo drove with a smile on his face, his hand resting on my knee, as it always did when he was driving. We arrived at the hospital, and I got some nasty glares from the mother to be's and their partners. I sighed and looked down, Leo growled and wrapped his arm around me.

"The sooner we make this statement, the sooner we'll be rid of all this glaring." he muttered and I gulped. Leo had scheduled an interview for this afternoon, where we'd meet up with a reporter and he's set the record straight. He had originally planned for the interview to be sometime in two weeks, but recently I'd gotten some death threats and that made him rearrange the interview for today, I'd never seen him that angry before.

"Maria Tabrizian?" Dr Ramirez called and I smiled, grabbing Leo's hand and dragging him along. As usual, I changed into the hospital gown and sat on the bed, putting my legs into the stirrups, this had become some what of a routine, since this was my third time being here.

"I see you know how this works by now." Dr Ramirez said, chuckling. I nodded and Leo laughed. She put on her gloves and I winced as she started, grabbing Leo's hand. Soon the room was filled with the familiar thumping sound of our baby's heartbeat, and each time it was like the first time. Emotional and overwhelming. I couldn't believe that we'd created life. Leo smiled and kissed me, thanking me for carrying our child, as he did every time.

After a while, Dr Ramirez removed the instruments and asked me to put my legs down, I did what she asked me to do and frowned at not hearing my baby's heartbeat anymore.

"So this is going to be a little cold Maria." she said as she put some gel on the instrument and gently pressed it on my stomach. I gasped and Leo chuckled.

"Hey!, it's really cold." I said and Leo nodded, kissing me gently. We watched the screen and I smiled as I saw my baby, he was bigger than last time.

"So that's your baby, there's the arms and the feet, would you like to know the sex?" She asked and my eyes widened.

"You can tell already?,isn't it too early?" I asked and she chuckled.

"Usually it is, but in your case I'm almost 100% sure I can see, but it might be wrong." she said and I looked at Leo who smiled and nodded.

"Well then, yes we'd love to know." I said and squeezed Leo's hand.

"It seems like your having a boy, congratulations!" she said and I smiled,tearing up. A baby boy, my son. I looked over at Leo and he wore an unreadable expression on his face, and he had tears in his eyes. I leaned over gently and kissed him quickly.

"Do you want me to print out some pictures of the ultrasound?" she asked knowingly and I nodded, smiling at her.

"Would you mind getting like 5 copies?" I asked and she laughed. I blushed, everyone insisted on getting copies.

"I'll be happy to, here you can wipe off the gel with this while I go to print out the pictures." she said and handed me a paper towel. Suddenly Leo broke out of his trans and took the paper towel gently and wiped away the gel, leaning down to kiss me passionately afterwards. I smiled into the kiss and we kissed for a while, before pulling away, making sure that Dr Ramirez didn't see anything.

"We're having a son, I can't believe it, our own precious Thiago." he said and I smiled. He leaned down and pressed a kiss to my stomach and I smiled.

"Te amamos mi hijo, y no podemos esperar hasta que te unas a nosotros Thiagui." he whispered to our son and I smiled. We walked out of the hospital hand in hand, and when we reached the car, Leo turned me around and kissed me passionately, he pushed me against the car and we kept kissing like that until we both had to pull away to breath. We got in the car and Leo drove over to where the interview was, I pulled down the tiny mirror in the car and adjusted my makeup, putting on some lipstick. Leo scoffed.

"You're already hermosa mi amor, you don't need all that junk covering your beautiful face." he said and I smiled.

"I'm glad you think so, I just wish the rest of the world would agree with you." I said and he shook his head.

"They will, specially after this interview." he said shortly, leaning in to kiss me softly before quickly drawing his attention back to the road. I sighed, I hoped he was right.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 31!

So they're having a boy! Been hinting this way for a long time hehe, so how do you think the interview will go?

Happy reading
xxx