Status: In progress

Half a Heart

A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous

-Maria:
We pulled up at this studio, and I realized that the interview was going on tv, I knew that Leo never gave these kind of interviews, he must be really mad. As we stepped into the studio, we were greeted by the reporter who apparently was responsible for the interview. I smiled politely and shook her hand. Leo just nodded at her stiffly. I recognized her from the interview with my mother, and closed my eyes, taking a deep breath. Something felt wrong.

"Right this way señor Messi, we'll get started right away, I know you're a busy man." she said and Leo didn't answer, he just wrapped his arm around me and we followed the reporter. We arrived at the set and someone put microphones on me and Leo. I gulped and held Leo's hand, he looked at me reassuringly and kissed me softly.

"It's ok mi amor, it'll be just fine." he said and I nodded. We took our seats at the sofa and the reporter joined us on a chair. When we were on air, she turned to the camera.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, tonight we have Lionel Messi and his fiancée to hear their side of the story." she said and I tuned out the rest, taking deep breaths.

"So Lionel, what do you have to say about the allegations that your fiancée's mother has made?" she asked and Leo cleared his throat.

"First I'd like to say that nothing that woman said was true, every since Maria introduced me to her, she hasn't accepted us and she even disowned her own daughter because she couldn't stand seeing her happy." he said and grabbed my hand, rubbing it soothingly.

"So you're saying that her mother lied, now Maria what do you have to say?" she asked and I gulped again, licking my lips before answering her.

"What Leo said is completely true, we met when I was on a trip to Barcelona, we fell in love and now we're engaged and expecting our first child, I love Leo very much and I can't even think of hurting him that way, what my mother said about me was because she's jealous, nothing more, nothing less." I said firmly and the reporter turned to Leo again.

"Have you ever wondered if the baby truly is yours?" she asked boldly and Leo growled, I squeezed his hand and looked at him, he calmed down instantly.

"With all due respect, that's an incredibly rude question, I love my fiancée and there's never been a problem of trust between us, she's only ever been with me and tells me everything, and I tell her everything, there's no doubt whatsoever, I know this is my child." he practically spat out and I rubbed his back soothingly.

"Well then, I see no reason in you lying, however I brought a special guest, just to see if you can sort this out." she said and gestured for the guest to come out. When I saw who it was I gasped and immediately inched closer to Leo, putting a protecting hand over my stomach. I watched as my mother walked into the studio, a fake smile spread across her face. She sat down across us and I took a deep breath.

"So Mrs Tabrizian, how do you feel about your daughter sitting here?" the reporter asked and I felt Leo shaking with anger, he'd been set up. They'd promised us an interview with only me and Leo.

"Well, I can't say I'm entirely happy, she's been keeping my grandchild away from me." my mother said and I closed my eyes, praying for this to stop.

"So do you deny your allegations?" the reporter asked my mother and she smirked before nodding.

"I only ever did that interview to see my daughter and my grandchild again." she said and suddenly Leo pulled me up and pulled away the microphone on the both of us, before storming out of the studio, dragging me with him. When we arrived at the car, he cursed loudly and kicked the wheels of the car. I turned so I was facing him and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"It's ok amor, you didn't know and I had a bad feeling about this as soon as I saw who the reporter was, at least we set the record straight somehow." I said and he smiled slightly, kissing me softly. We drove back home and I cooked us some lunch. It was the first time I ever cooked, usually Leo did the cooking, but today I was craving some swedish food for some reason, so I decided to make some meatballs. Leo chuckled and wrapped his arms around me as I grabbed some plates and got us food. We moved to the table to eat.

"Querida this is amazing!" he said and I blushed slightly.

"Thank you, it's a swedish specialty I've heard." I said and smiled at him shyly. He laughed and we ate our lunch, speaking a little in between. After lunch we decided to cuddle up in front of a movie. I plopped down on bed and Leo wrapped his arm around me, kisssing me softly.

"You better stop kissing me if we're going to watch a movie." I teased and he laughed before smirking at me.

"What if I don't want to watch a movie?" he whispered and ran his finger along my body and I blushed, before moving his hand away.

"Well I want to watch this." I smirked and laughed as he pouted. We watched some random movie that was on tv and eventually I fell asleep. It felt amazing to get rid of the rumors, however what was my mother planning?
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 32!
Now this is pretty short, but at the minute I have some heavy homework that I have to finish, but as soon as that's done then I'll update with longer chapters! At the minute I'm exhausted, so hope you'll like it!

Happy reading
xxx