Status: In progress

Half a Heart

Love is space and time measured by the heart

- Maria:
After everyone had gone to sleep, I got out of bed, dressing in sweatpants and a sweater, before leaving the house quietly. I needed to know if I was pregnant and the fact that I didn't know for sure yet, was driving me crazy. I got in the car and drove over to the drugstore. I put my hood on, making sure that no one recognized me as I stepped into the store. I quickly moved towards the pregnancy tests and grabbed about six different ones. I quickly went to the register and the woman raised an eyebrow at all the tests, before scanning them. I paid and left the store without uttering a word. I wrapped my arms around my body as I walked out of the store, I felt watched and I knew I needed to get home as soon as possible. I got into the car and drove home, checking the back mirror all the time, making sure that no one was following me. I sighed in relief when I got home and quickly got inside, locking the door after me. I walked upstairs and frowned when I saw that the lights were on everywhere. I mentally slapped myself for leaving in the middle of the night, Leo must be scared to death.

I walked into the bedroom and quickly hid the tests in my drawer, I kissed Thiago's cheek as he slept and moved out of the bedroom and went into the hallway.

"Leo?" I called out, wondering where he was. At the sound of my voice I saw him enter the hallway, sighing in relief when he spotted me.

"Where were you amor?, You scared me to death!" he said, wrapping his arms around me. I looked at him and smiled, deciding to tell him.

"I think I'm pregnant Leo." I whispered in his ear and he stiffened.

"Que?" he asked and I sighed, pulling him to the bathroom, the only place where we could talk in private.

"I woke up last night throwing up, and my period's three weeks late, all the signs point to it." I said softly and he blinked before a huge smile spread across his face.

"I'm going to be a papa again?" he murmured and I laughed.

"Si amor, but I'm not entirely sure, that's why I went out to get pregnancy tests tonight." I said and he nodded.

"Go take them then nena." he said and moved out of the bathroom. I chuckled and got the tests before returning to the bathroom. After taking the tests, I had to wait for ten minutes. I put an alarm on my phone and went downstairs after washing my hands.

"What happened amor?" Leo asked me eagerly when he spotted me and I laughed.

"We still have to wait ten minutes hombre." I said, yawning. It was really late by now, and I was exhausted.

"What have you done about Juan, Leo, you never told me." I said as we waited for the results he sighed and wrapped his arm around me.

"I talked to the police, and they arrested him, as far as I know, he's still in custody until we get manage the restraining order, and hopefully he'll be put in jail." he said and I nodded. Soon after that, my phone went off and I smiled, dragging Leo upstairs. I went into the bathroom and looked at the tests.

"What do they say querida?" he asked eagerly and I smiled widely.

"Looks like we'll have another little miracle in a couple of months." I said and he smiled widely, kissing me passionately.

"Te amo." he whispered and I smiled.

"I love you too." I said, kissing him softly. I couldn't believe I was pregnant again, but I couldn't wait to be a mother again, no matter how difficult it was to be pregnant. After clearing out the bathroom and throwing the tests away, we crawled in bed, and I fell asleep soon after.

I woke up to the smell of bacon. I shook my head as the nausea started and I grimaced. I quickly entered the bathroom and just made it in time before I threw up. After I was done, I brushed my teeth and applied some makeup. I was going to have to get used to the whole throwing up thing again.

"Good morning sunshine" Anna teased as I got downstairs and I rolled my eyes.

"Congratulations!" Shakira said, hugging me tight. I raised an eyebrow at Leo and he just shrugged, shooting me an apologetic look. I bet he had told all his friends, and Shakira had heard it from Gerard.

"What's going on?" Celia asked and I sighed.

"I'm pregnant." I said and she smiled and Maria Sol squealed.

"I'm so happy for you." Soli said and hugged me. I laughed and hugged her back.

"I'm excited to get another grandchild, you're already a great madre, I'm proud of you mi hija." Celia said and I smiled. I just hoped that I wouldn't be huge in two months when we got married, the last thing I'd want is to be huge in my wedding dress. I shuddered at the thought.

"So you guys don't seem to be able to keep your hands off each other." Gerard teased and I blushed. Leo laughed and wrapped his arms around me, kissing my cheek.

"Oh you know I can't stay away from her for too long those six weeks after Thiago was born was a torture, however you shouldn't talk Geri." Leo said and Gerard laughed whilst I blushed harder, burying my head in Leo's chest.

"So what do you think it'll be this time?" Shakira asked and I smiled.

"I don't know, I'd like another boy but I don't really care as long as it's healthy." I shrugged and she laughed.

"Well I have to disagree with my beautiful fiancée, I'd love a little girl, but it doesn't matter either." Leo said and I blushed again. We spoke some more about the baby, and after I fed Thiago, we started planning the wedding again. Leo was determined that we had to get married, he wanted me as his wife as soon as possible, and I honestly didn't mind at all. Things went great and I agreed to meet up with the girls to go dress shopping soon, I couldn't help but be worried about Juan though. I had felt watched when I went to the drugstore last night, and I knew he wouldn't give up so easily, which made me scared, especially now that I had this baby....
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 50!

Thanks to Jayme112234 and Ladyfiaran for the comments!

Happy reading!
xxxx