Status: active

I Want to Know What Love Is

2

Delia woke up around ten thirty the next morning. She was laying the length of the couch covered up by the blanket. She blinked a few times before rolling over. She saw someone sitting in her chair. 'So I wasn't dreaming,' she thought to herself.

She slowly stood up to go use the bathroom. When she returned, she went to the kitchen. She needed some coffee. As she waited, she thought about her house guest. She wondered where he came from.

Why he was banged up. How he ended up at her place. The coffee was halfway done. She got her big coffee cup. She reached for the Bailey's Irish Cream coffee creamer.

The coffee maker finished up. She poured the coffee. She poured the creamer. She reached for a spoon. She stirred the contents.

Leaving the spoon, she walked back to the living room. Her guest was awake. "Good morning," she said. He smiled at her. "Good morning, darling. Sleep well?"

She nodded her head. She sat Indian style on her couch. She sipped on her coffee. "How did you sleep?" she asked. He turned to face her.

"I don't sleep per se, I meditate." She looked at him softly. "So what happened to you?" He heaved a deep sigh. "I got into some trouble and obviously lost. I don't really want to talk about it."

She sat her mug down. She got up and sat on her knees before him. "Aww sweetheart," she said. She placed a hand on his face. She looked up at him.

She felt a tug on her heart when he looked her in the eyes. He placed a hand on hers. He was cautious about her. Here she was showing him compassion and she didn't even know what he was. He studied her.

Her chocolate brown eyes danced with curiosity. He saw a flash of gold. Or so he thought. Come to think of it, he had heard a wolf howling last night. It had stopped raining.

She took a deep breath. She was about to stand up when she heard a soft growl. She looked over her shoulder. She saw a faint gray shadow. He was here.

She stood up. She moved her hand from his face but he still held it. She leaned so her face was inches from his. His eyes dilated. He closed them to concentrate.

She gave a half grin. She lifted her head some and kissed his head. She kissed his hand then pulled her hand out his grip. She went to go shower. He opened his eyes after she left.

He had sworn she was about to kiss him. He had hoped she would. He had never been loved before. Who would want to love a demon? He had even told Moose (Sam) he just wanted to be loved.

She took a hot shower. She stood under the shower head and let the water cascade over her. She rested her hands on the wall. Gray Wolf was here. He only came when trouble arrived.

But what trouble was here? No trouble. Only Crow--ley. She heaved a sigh. He was the trouble. But he couldn't be.

There was nothing about him that was trouble. No but she seriously wanted to kiss him. To hold him. To be his. There was just something about him.

She went on to wash herself. Afterwards, she washed her black hair. She rinsed off all over. She turned off the water. She reached for her towel. She dried off her hair then her body.

She wrapped the towel around her torso. She went to put anti-frizz serum on her hair. She combed it through. Once she got out the tangles, she did a side braid. She studied her reflection.

Her irises were changing. They were a light brown becoming an Amber color. A "gift" She had been born with. Only happened when Gray Wolf was here. She was more curious than worried.