All the Things in Between

London, England II

Adelaide’s POV

I spent the majority of the day running errands for the boys. It was really the last day they would be near everything they needed so I was running around picking up dry cleaning, meeting El for coffee and seeing my mum and sisters, escorting them to their seats. I had been running around all day, I didn’t even get a chance to pop by the 5SOS dressing room.

It was nearing 5, and the gates were being to open and I was sitting in the middle of the front row with my fingers pressed to my lips. I closed my eyes and smirked at the events of this morning, having this urge to be near Ashton again. I heard the stampede of fans beginning to enter as I stood up and made my way around the barrier, flashing the pass around my neck at security. I hadn’t told Louis yet that I wasn’t flying up with them and honestly I had no idea how to spring that on him. He was already skeptical about Ashton in our flat this morning, let alone the flushed face I was rocking from the heated kiss I shared with him this morning.

“Psstt. Hey!” I heard someone say behind me, I spun around and saw someone sitting on top of a set of boxes.

“Hey yourself,” I told him cracking a smile at the sight of him.

“Haven’t seen you all day.”

“I do have a job ya know.”

“Can you job include 5SOS because we don’t have our shit together,” he chuckled at me.

“I’m not a manager I just do the busy work.”

“I’m sure I could keep you busy if you wanted.”

“Are you inferring something Mr. Irwin?” I mocked him taking a step closer to him.

“Hmm maybe? “

“Maybe? You’ve known me for a day and you’re being crude? Are we on that level yet?”

“I don’t know are we?”

“Answering my question with a question...great.” I told him standing in front of him as he stared me in the eyes.

“You still coming round our bus tonight?”

“I’ve got convince Louis that I’m going there to get to know you guys better. It would be better for the tour...ehh I don’t even know it doesn’t seem worth the shit he’s gonna give me.” I shrugged.

“Let me convince you.” He said wrapping his fingers around mine and pulling me towards him.

“You barely know me,” I whispered, feeling his breath tickling my cheek.

“Yet all I want to do it spend my time with you. Let me kiss you proper this time,” he raised an eyebrow at me. I gulped hair and nodded, feeling the chemistry radiating off our bodies.

He pressed his lips to mine and I sighed into the kiss. All the stress I had been feeling for the day melted away as his lips moved in sync with mine. I usually wasn't one to prance around with boys, kissing them and building feelings for them after 24 hours but we just clicked. It felt right, and I trusted my intuition because it usually didn’t lead me astray. We were there for maybe ten more minutes, although it felt like an hour.

At one point he pulled away and smiled, kissing my nose and putting his hands on my hips, pulling me closer. He smiled as he pressed his lips to mine, and I followed suite.

“Mhmm,” we heard someone cough behind us. I pushed my body off his and jumped back nearly ten feet. Rubbing the back of my neck I looked at the person who so rudely interrupted our intimate time.

“Yes Michael, can we help you.” Ash said hopping off his boxes and crossing his arms, eyeing his band mate.

“Mate we’re going crazy looking for you. Do you not remember we go on in like 20 minutes?”

“Shit it’s 6:30 already?”

Michael, I think that’s his name laughed and nodded. “Yeah and by the looks of things you lost track of time.”

“Shit! I’ve got to go, I’ve got so much to do. Louis’ going to fucking kill me! Ahh!” I said taking my mobile out of my back pocket and typing furiously away to El, telling her I needed her to cover for me because I knew that I was supposed to walk her and mum from backstage to their seats so they didn’t get lost. The doll she is, she said no problem, under the condition I gave a full description of why she needed my help.

“Hey Adelaide,” Ash said catching up to me as I practically ran down the hallway.

“Yeah?” I stopped, clearly upset and flustered once again.

“You gonna watch the show?”

“Side stage.” I smiled at him before pressing a kiss to his cheek and making my way towards the 1D dressing.

_______________________
Ashton POV

“Shit mate,” Mikey said to me, walking with me back towards the dressing room. “A fucking day into the tour and you’ve got yourself a Tomlinson? Not just any Tomlinson, the most wanted fucking beauty queen on the tour. HOW THE ACTUAL FUCK MAN?” He asked me.

I shrugged my shoulders, really unsure of the entire thing myself.

“We don’t even have a CD out and you’re living the rockstar life!” Mikey said practically jumping up and down in the hallway.

“Mate, finally!” Luke said standing up and pointing to me. “Where the fuck you been?”

“I found him and that sheila Adelaide having a pash!*”

“No bloody way!” Calum said jumping up. “Mate!!”

“She’s coming on the bus tonight, riding up to Glasgow with us.”

“Yeah she’s riding allllll the way up.” Michael said laughing at his own crude humor.

“That explains the frantic cleaning, and dosing the entire fucking bus in Febreeze.” Luke said patting me on the back.

“Lets go guys!” Our manager popped his head into our room indicating that the show was starting.

On stage I was focused on the fans. It was amazing to being playing to such a large crowd, and I could always pick out the people who knew the words to our songs and that made my heart swell with pride. I caught a glimpse of someone rocking along to one of our songs at the side stage and smiled when I realized it was Adelaide. She was smiling and watching the boys play, her eyes trained on the crowd until she turned to glance at me. I twirled my drumstick in my hand and pointed it at her before slamming the drums after the bridge.
She smiled and shook her head before I saw Louis run up beside her. She nodded her head in understanding at him and she folded her arms before she looked like she began yelling at him.

“Mate!” Calum yelled at me before I realized I had lost beat because I was focusing on something else. I grimaced at him and focused, turning my head from the Tomlinson’s. When I turned to take a glance between the songs she was gone and I was honestly disappointed. I wanted to prove to her I was a good musician, I was worth sticking around for.

I searched for her after the set, but she must have scattered and found her family. I went the rest of the show without hearing, or seeing anything from Adelaide. It was nearly two hours past the show and it was nearly midnight and the bus was getting ready to leave. I paced the front bus área nervously, worried that I had blown it by pulling her away and snogging her.

“Are you really surprised mate?” Michael said coming in and grabbing a drink from the fridge.

“I mean yeah, she's like a 100 and you're a dweeby 5 at most.” Calum said poking his head into the conversation.

“Great confidence booster guys...” I told them.

“What would a girl like her want with a guy like you?” Michael asked right before there was a knock on the door.

“Fuck mate. We were wrong,” Calum said punching Michael in the arm. I tried not to let my excitement show as I ran over to the door and swung it open.

“Hi.” I breathed out in relief that she was actually here.

“Hi,” she said stepping inside, walking up the stairs. “Sorry I’m late. I had to convince Louis why I was here as well as grab something to wear.” She chuckled. I smiled at her telling her it wasn’t a problem at all.

“Calum?!” I heard her say as the idiot made his way out of the bathroom.

“Adelaide! How are you?” He said taking her in his arms and wrapping her into a hug. The type of hug people who are close make.

“I”m great! I’m so surprised we haven’t run into each other yet. We need to grab coffee or re-try sushi again!” She said enthusiastically.

“You guys know each other?” I asked.

“Yeah! Remember when I went on holiday to London with my mum and we met Louis?” I nodded at Calum’s question. “Well Adelaide was there too, she showed me around the city and stuff, and we had a sushi misshape.”

“Yeah where he stabbed the sushi with the chopsticks and then got yelled at by the cook because he was saying ‘You’re asian, you know better!’ and we laughed so hard!”

“I remember you telling us about that,” Michael chimed in.

“I can’t believe you guys are still up, it’s late...” I said trying to get them to leave us alone.

“That’s cue for ‘Leave arseholes’ in Ashton talk,” Michael said.

I glared at him as he flipped me off and made his way into his bunk.

“Soo...do you want a tour of the bus or...?”

She laughed and shook her head, “I’ve seen one too many tour buses in my day, so I think I’m all set. Let’s watch a movie?” She offered and I nodded.

We made our way to the back of the bus, closing the door so as not to disturb the others.

“Lord of the Rings,” she smiled at me.

I raised a quizzical eyebrow.

“My favorite movie is Lord of the Rings, or Zoolander. Depends on my mood,” she said pulling a blanket off the other couch and throwing it over her body.

“We don’t have that.” I told her sad to have already let her down, when I was trying so hard to impress her.

“How about Batman?” She said pointing to the movie case shoved on the side of the gaming consoles. I nodded and smiled at her as I popped the movie in.

“You seem nervous Ash,” she told me.

“Yeah it’s not everyday a loser like me gets to hang out with someone like you.”

“Hey now, I’m a loser myself. I was actually thinking its the other way around.”

“What? Adelaide you’re gorgeous.”

“And you’re not?” She shot back. “Don’t sell yourself short their Irwin. I happen to have a thing for Australian accents.” She smirked at me.

“You’re like a mile away,” I told her looking at the distance between our bodies on the couch.

“So, are you going to change that because I’m comfortable.” She told me tucking the blanket under her legs. I moved closer to her until our legs were touching and smiled at her. She picked my arm up and nuzzled herself underneath it, leaning her head on my chest.

“You smell good,mmmmmmhmm,” she said as she pressed her nose into my chest. “Something distinctly Australian.”

“It’s actually kangaroo urine, yeah all of us Aussies use it to woo the ladies.”

“Well it’s working. I’m sufficiently wooed.” She said smiling at me as she turned her head back to the TV.

We sat in silence for a good while. I let my calloused fingers trace circles on her smooth arm as I watched her fight to stay awake.

“What time is it?” Her voice cracked.

“Like 3am.”

“Okay, I am sufficiently knackered. Time for sleeping.”

“You can take my bunk, I’ll take the couch.”

“Ash...”

“You’re the guest, and I know you’re too tired to complain.” I smirked at her as she opened the door and made her way into the bunk area.

“There,” I whispered pointing to the one on top.

“Can you help me?” She asked and I nodded taking a step closer to her. I went to put my hands on her waist and when I did she grabbed me, startling me.

“Thanks for everything.”

“For what? I’ haven’t done much.”

“You’re giving me a reason to believe again,” she leaned in pressing her lips to mine. I could feel her straining her body and standing on her tiptoes to kiss me. She put her hand behind my neck and pulled me closer. I tried my best to keep the kiss quiet, so the other guys wouldn’t wake up to a show but I pushed her against the bunk and the curtain underneath her shook.

“Guys go to sleep,” It was Michael.

“Sorry!” She whispered giggling a little.

She nodded at me and I lifted her up into the bunk as she scrambled in.

“I feel bad for this,” she said pulling the covers up.

“Don’t its not a problem,” I reassured her, and plus tomorrow night my sheets would smell like her. Not a bad trade off for a night on a bumpy highway up to Scotland. I closed the curtain and went back to the couch, pulling the blanket over me and propping my head up on my arms bent behind my neck.

I thought about the crazy events that were happening. We were on a worldwide stadium tour with 1D, I was living my dream and I had the most beautiful girl sleeping in my bunk. I couldn’t really ask for more except for her to forget about Calum.

I felt my phone buzz on the couch next to me and I squinted as I looked at the unknown number.



Hi its me.


I didn’t recognize the number and honestly it could be anyone. A rough fan who got my number.

Me who?

I watched as the three little bubbles popped up indicating they were typing.

The pretty British girl posted up in your bunk who also might have stolen one of your t-shirts to sleep in.

Oh that girl! I have so many I get confused...

Hey now! I thought Australians were nice.

I’m only joking!! Is everything alright, I’m surprised you have my number

I waited for a reply but didn’t see any, I figured so fell asleep and knew I needed to do the same. I looked up from my place on the couch to see someone’s head popping out behind one of the curtains.

“Psstssss.” Adelaide said to me motioning for me to come over. “Come here I”m too lazy.”

I got up from the couch and made my way to here. Pulling back the curtain I came face to face with her smiling.

“What’s up?” I asked her brushing some hair out of her face as she stared into my eyes.

“See, in the 1D bus I sleep on the bottom bunk because one time I fell out and dislocated my shoulder. So I can’t really be trusted to sleep here without supervision you see...” She grinned at me.

“So you steal my shirt and need a babysitter?” I jokingly asked her.

“I can repay you in snuggles,” she grinned widely at me. I didn’t even need to think twice before I hopped up into my bunk and she moved against the side. It was tight but that only meant I got to be closer to her. She didn’t say anything as she tangled her legs with mine and rested her head on my chest. Her leg brushed against my dick and I literally had to imagine Calum’s naked arse to stop the blood rushing downward.

I felt her body shift against mine and her lips pressed against my neck. I closed my eyes enjoying the feeling of her hand on my chest and her lips moving across my jawline. She kissed the corner of my mouth and I sighed wishing she didn’t stop. I opened my eyes and looked at her.

“What are you doing to me?” She whispered.

“I could ask the same thing. Where’d you get my number from by the way?”

“I woke Michael up. We are best friends now,” she smiled pressing one last kiss to my lips and dropping her head to my chest.

“Night Ad.”

“Night Ash.”
♠ ♠ ♠
*Pash - to make out (in Australian slang)

HI! I hope you like this, if you do please leave some feedback!