Old Money and New Crime

Disillusioned and frustrated with campus policemen dragging their feet, Harry Styles turns to Zayn Malik, a young private investigator, to try and catch the culprit who hurt his best friend at a fraternity party.

Zayn's always been good at compartmentalizing, especially in his line of work, but sometimes a personal interest is too hard to ignore-- especially one that's so deeply rooted in the past he's tried to leave behind.

OR: In which Liam is in over his head, Harry and Louis are trust fund babies, Niall is a frat boy, and Zayn fights crime. All on a college campus in New York City. Or something.

Rated R for language, some non-graphic mentions of rape and PTSD, as well as some mild violence, so obviously a trigger warning for any of those things. If this gets more graphic, I'll move the rating up. Plot is loosely based off of season 3 of Veronica Mars, so clearly I own nothing at all of that, and obviously I don't own One Direction, because if I did, Ben Winston would never direct any of their videos ever again and they would actually have a decent PR group. Main pairing is Zayn/Liam, but there's a little Harry/Louis if you squint, I guess. This is really just my way of combining my usual university AU with something a little more...crime drama-y.