Status: Active

Inner Demons

Out Cold

I stared at myself in the mirror. I knew I was pretty, but this.. this took it to a whole new level. And Artemis.. she was stunning, shining even.

"I'm coming shopping with you." I said, smoothening my skirt with my hands.

"I would love for you to, but.."

"You think I can't find something that doesn't look too good?" I asked, smirking.

"Well…"

"Come here." I said, walking out of her room and into mine.

She followed me into the closet of my school uniforms and usual clothes.

"Uh, Anora, not to be rude-"

"Aparecium.

I smiled as Artemis opened her mouth in shock. A whole new set of clothes appeared, which were more like Pansy, but with class.

"Bloody hell… I didn't know this was a side of you."

I shrugged, "So, I'm coming with you shopping."

"Deal."

I smiled and we walked out of my closet, not even bothering to put the spell back up to hide the clothes.

"I wonder what they are having for dinner.." Artemis said, her stomach growling soon after.

I giggled, "Why don't we go find out."

We took off out of the common room and towards the Great Hall. All eyes were on us. I blushed slightly, but I stayed confidently posed.

"They are definitely talking about us now."

"I know right?"

We walked a little further, but Blaise and Pansy stepped in front of us.

"Damn babe, dressing up for me?"

She rolled her eyes, "Get out of my way Zabini. I don't feel like reeking of dirty snake when I walk into the Great Hall."

He put his hand over his heart, "Wow, Queen Artemis is a force to be reckoned with."

She sneered at him as Pansy turned her attention to me.

"Aw, isn't this cute. Little Mudblood likes to play dress up."

"At least I didn't have to cake on my makeup to look decent." I shot back at her.

"At least my family is pure. Where is your daddy Anora?"

"Enough!" A threatening voice boomed over the group of us.

We all turned our head to see Draco walking over to us.

"Careful Drakey! I don't want you infected by this filthy Mud-"

"Said it and I'll hex you through the wall and out into the lake." I growled.

I could feel all the eyes focus on us, but I didn't care.

"Lioness is getting feisty." Blaise said lowly.

"Shut it Zabini." Malfoy said in the same tone.

"Come on Anora, she isn't worth it." I could hear Artemis say.

"Go ahead Chambers. Run away. Everyone knows that you can't even-"

Before she could finish, I threw my fist into her face, knocking her out cold. Artemis bursted with laughter.

"She isn't goin to like this when she wakes up…" Zabini said.

"Merlin… Zabini, help me take her to the medical wing." Malfoy said.

Both boys walked past me and grabbed the unconscious girl and started off to the medical wing, not saying another word to either of us.

"Come on Anora, lets go."

I shook my head, "You go ahead. I'm not hungry anymore."

"You sure?"

I nodded, standing there as she walked into the Great Hall and instantly getting swamped by boys.

I walked back towards my room, my face blank. I didn't know what to think or how to feel.

Or why it bothered me that Draco ignored me.

Because I'm a Mudblood.

And besides, he was a Malfoy and a Slytherin. Even in my dreams that would never work out.

But why did I wish it would?