‹ Prequel: The Summer After

Senior Year

My Last First Day (8.12.14)

Today was my last first day of high school. It's exciting to be a senior, but you have to endure all the nostalgia that comes with it. Sure, you don't have to try as hard since most colleges don't look at senior year, but it's my last chance to make an impact on this school. It's a tall task for me this year, with plenty of goals in mind. I want to get into UC Berkeley or UCLA, maybe CalPoly SLO, but college apps are really stressful. I have to worry about my extended essay and all my IB exams if I want to get my IB Diploma. I also want to be named captain to all 3 sports that I play, water polo, soccer, and track. I'm pretty sure I'll be captain for soccer and track, but water polo is going to be very difficult. It's hard to be a good captain if you get very little playing time. I'm a decent swimmer, but many of my teammates are much better than I am. The only way I'll get that captain position is if I lead the practices and make an influence on the upcoming generation of players. Like I said, I want to leave a legacy.

Overall, first day was pretty great, only had 4 classes today so I don't know who is in all of my classes yet, but I find out when I go to the other 3 classes tomorrow. Hung out with the two girls in the hurdle crew and my P.I.C., whom I've known for 14 years now. We've been going to the same school for 14 years, so we're trying to make this year the best year ever, because odds are we're going to different colleges. It's an understatement to say I have my work cut out for me this year. Let's see if I can achieve my goals.